PDA

View Full Version : New MIK Catalogue

mat
22nd February 2008, 10:55 AM
Anyone manage to get a catalogue out of MIK in the last year?

Big Shed
22nd February 2008, 11:10 AM
Anyone manage to get a catalogue out of MIK in the last year?

Mat, I was at MIK in Adelaide this week and there certainly were no new catalogs on offer.

In fact, I had 4 items on my wanted list, 3 of those were out of stock! This is the second time this has happened when I go to MIK.

I have to say the place does not seem a vibrant business that is going places, lots of empty spaces on the walls etc.

In fact the items that I wanted last time, about 2 months ago, were still out of stock now and no ETA at all.

My daughter in Adelaide had ordered a pendulum clock movement, which they promised to order and then call her when it came in, when I checked last time on its' whereabouts they hadn't even ordered it , 3 months after the order was placed.

When I lived in Adelaide I used to love going to MIK, in the days they were on Glynburn Rd, now that they are on Magill Rd in bigger premises the drive seems to have gone out of the business.

Just my observations.

fletty
22nd February 2008, 12:27 PM
Sydney MIK still seems "vibrant" and stock levels for a small store are reasonable but I have overheard, and prompted, phone calls to 'head office' re ordering things in for me and there doesn't seem to be much support. I'll keep buying there because it is convenient and because Jason is knowledeable and helpful but ......
Fletty

Sawdust Maker
22nd February 2008, 08:45 PM
Jason in Western Syd is very helpful and will chase something down for you.
He gives great service!
Haven't dealt with Adelaide since Jason opened. My last order which I thought was with Adelaide was handled out of Sydney

Maybe they are concentrating on the franchising of their stores?

jaspr
24th February 2008, 03:26 PM
It took Adelaide MIK 6 months to fill a large (prepaid!) order for me. :~

Geoff Dean
25th February 2008, 06:57 AM
And if they do print a new catalogue, what is the bet it will still cost $5, while Carbatec, HAFCO, Hammer, Jet etc give theirs away for free.

munruben
25th February 2008, 10:47 PM
And if they do print a new catalogue, what is the bet it will still cost $5, while Carbatec, HAFCO, Hammer, Jet etc give theirs away for free.Yeah, I can never understand that strategy. A company has goods to offer for sale and want you to pay for their catalogue, crazy. I certainly wouldn't pay for one.