PDA

View Full Version : tasmania thursday

robyn2839
24th February 2008, 10:26 PM
started packing the car for Fridays trip to tassie ,lots of timber to trade all dirt and bark free
cant wait to get there i will be calling in on reeves at surges bay to say hello,richard hutchinson at devonport,andrew at new norfolk, tasmanian special timbers strahan,and a few others. will post again when i arrive, bob

Cliff Rogers
24th February 2008, 11:28 PM
I'm off to Tassie next Saturday, flying vist, staying in Hobart.

wheelinround
25th February 2008, 09:06 AM
So the utes loaded no room for luggage Bob

Forgot your flying down aren't you you going to need a plane on it sown with all that wood

then there is what you'll bring home.

wheelinround
25th February 2008, 09:08 AM
a woodies convention happening in tassie eh Cliff

Cliff Rogers
25th February 2008, 09:25 AM
Yeap, mate who moved there builds wooden boats.

RufflyRustic
25th February 2008, 09:26 AM
Travel Safe Bob.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

cheers
Wendy

robyn2839
25th February 2008, 10:25 AM
thanks wendy,shame we didn,t get reeves t/shirt i could have hand delivered it, and i.m not flying,i,m driving to melbourne then on the boat. bob

wheelinround
26th February 2008, 08:57 AM
Bob if you need a rest stop on the way through Sydney your welcome

robyn2839
26th February 2008, 12:39 PM
Bob if you need a rest stop on the way through Sydney your welcome thanks very much for that offer mate ,but all my five sisters live in sydney and if they ever found out i stopped somewhare and didn,t stop at their place i would be wiped big time,thats why i am going inland way.bob

wheelinround
26th February 2008, 02:09 PM
:(:~ darn sisters :p

Bob have a good safe trip tales and pics when you get back

Elbow
26th February 2008, 04:05 PM
Bob pop into Legana Woodturning supplies just out of Launceston, they mill old trees & dry them on sight, a good set up when I was last there
Allan

Outbackrr
27th February 2008, 02:23 PM
Hope that's not all your good timber in the boot...

Have a safe trip.

robyn2839
27th February 2008, 03:08 PM
Hope that's not all your good timber in the boot...

Have a safe trip. no but it will be on the way home.bob
will get together when i get back

robyn2839
4th March 2008, 10:10 AM
am in sunny warnambool (looks like rain) tassie tomorrow. bob

Elbow
4th March 2008, 12:49 PM
Bob,
Warnambool you're a bit off target or are you swimming over?:?
Allan

robyn2839
18th March 2008, 01:17 AM
back home today, had a great time ,bought s...tloads of timbers home, huon, king billy pine,celery top,blackwood,musk,myrtle,burls,leatherwood,blackheart sassafrass,etc ,thanks ,reeves,ravlord, for everything, and thankyou island special timbers, bradshaws mill strahan,distinctive timbers devonport,and the guy at strahan who told me to take as much huon as i like from his firewood stack,and a great big log about 1 ton in weight that i will have to get up here somehow.,also bought a nice coachwood slab on way home. see you all again soon ...bob

wheelinround
18th March 2008, 09:11 AM
:o your telling whoppers Bob no proof

not one photo

and with all that timber you'll never be out of the shed :2tsup:

RufflyRustic
18th March 2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome back Bob :)

ravlord13
18th March 2008, 04:10 PM
G'Day Wheelin,
I can vouch for what he got (some of it anyway) just finishing a nice box out of some we swapped.
Some IDIOT (me) forgot to write down what sort of timber it was :doh:, I'll just have to call it tree wood.

Catch ya
Andrew

wheelinround
18th March 2008, 08:36 PM
G'Day Wheelin,
I can vouch for what he got (some of it anyway) just finishing a nice box out of some we swapped.
Some IDIOT (me) forgot to write down what sort of timber it was :doh:, I'll just have to call it tree wood.

Catch ya
Andrew

Right and you forgot photo's too :p

robyn2839
19th March 2008, 09:03 PM
:o your telling whoppers Bob no proof

not one photo

and with all that timber you'll never be out of the shed :2tsup: check out the post in timber, i had to post proof of and thats about half of what i got .......................bob