PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Brisbane

river rat
24th February 2008, 11:36 PM
My wife and I are coming to the Logan city area of Brisbane apr 3 to the 24th for my wife's brother's wedding and to look for some land ( we plan on moving in a couple of years). I was wondering if the are any woodturning/woodworking events going on while we are there and hopefully meet some of you.

River Rat

artme
25th February 2008, 07:03 AM
I live in A part of Logan City. I put Brisbane as my location because Logan City doesn't register with most people.
PM me and we'll see what we can do.:2tsup:

RufflyRustic
25th February 2008, 09:50 AM
Hi River Rat, there is nothing arranged Forum-wise just yet, but I'm sure we can arrange something.

Would you be willing to come up to Toowoomba for a day?

cheers
Wendy

Ivan in Oz
25th February 2008, 10:02 AM
G'day RRat,

Toowoomba is the "Garden City" so some say
http://www.sunzine.net/toowoomba/toowoomba-city.html

GTG in 2 weeks...................... just outside Toowoomba

Boy, oh BOY!! going to be Hectic if you do.
Good Luck:)

Little Festo
25th February 2008, 03:26 PM
My wife and I are coming to the Logan city area of Brisbane apr 3 to the 24th for my wife's brother's wedding and to look for some land ( we plan on moving in a couple of years). I was wondering if the are any woodturning/woodworking events going on while we are there and hopefully meet some of you.

River Rat

Hello River Rat,

Don't buy anything until you have checked out the Sunshine Coast, about 200klms north from where you are. Moved here 2 years ago, great place. Pity you aren't here a little earlier, Turnfest is on at Kooralbyn, quite close to Logan City, at the end of March. If you decide to come up this way PM me.

Peter