PDA

View Full Version : Nakamichi Soundspace 5 power supply pin-out details required!

Master Splinter
25th February 2008, 07:47 PM
Does anyone have, or know where I could find the pin-out details for a Nakamichi Soundspace 5 power supply?

I'm trying to fix one for a work colleague; it left his last house without the plug that connects the power supply to the main unit (it was wired through a wall, and cutting the plug off the end of the lead was the expedient solution to pulling the wire back through the wall).
Unfortunately he didn't think to save the plug:doh:, so I am clueless as to which pin on the main unit each of the five wires connects to!

martrix
25th February 2008, 09:19 PM
Does anyone have, or know where I could find the pin-out details for a Nakamichi Soundspace 5 power supply?

I'm trying to fix one for a work colleague; it left his last house without the plug that connects the power supply to the main unit (it was wired through a wall, and cutting the plug off the end of the lead was the expedient solution to pulling the wire back through the wall).
Unfortunately he didn't think to save the plug:doh:, so I am clueless as to which pin on the main unit each of the five wires connects to!

Hoo ha you're in luck dude. I'm sitting right in front of mine now! :smokeing:Give me 20 and I'll have a pic for you.:wink: Awesome little unit.

Master Splinter
26th February 2008, 08:45 PM
That would be appreciated...the local service agents are...lacking in any service whatsoever!

Zaphod
13th April 2008, 09:22 AM

Pin 1 - 13 VDC (Unregulated) ) Via 10 Amp fuse.
Pin 2 - 0 VDC )

Pin 3 - 0VDC )
Pin 4 - 15VDC (Unregulated) ) Via 2 Amp fuse.
Pin 5 - 14.5 VDC (Via 10k Ohm series resistor) )

Save yourself the trouble. Don't try to fix it. The reason why Amber dumped Nakamichi, is because the stuff is incredibly troublesome, hard to obtain parts for and very expensive to service.

Yes, I am a Nak service agent. It is, by far, the least profitable line I've ever serviced.

Master Splinter
13th April 2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you muchly!

The owner of it has already replaced the power supply once (left the original in a wall) at a cost of $300...so I know what you mean about expensive parts.