PDA

View Full Version : Just having a gloat...Pfeil chisel purchase

prozac
26th February 2008, 10:53 PM
Ok, so I've been lurking about on epay again. What I have managed to pick-up is a starting set of 12 Pfeil chisels in a roll, and all with original grind. The exception is the V-gouge has been dropped and has a little chip out of the centre of the blade. I wasn't really looking for a set but when these looked like finishing at a sensible price I thought I may as well put in a bid. All done at $162. I'm pretty happy with that.

prozac

underfoot
27th February 2008, 05:57 AM
good one prozac,
nice when you have little wins like that, particularly with
good quality chisels, they always seem to go for big prices on ebay,

and I always thought that woodcarvers were luddites and wouldn't go near ebay.

anyways, now that you got em
show us what you can do with em

prozac
28th February 2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks underfoot. I can't do anything with them, that's why I am so pleased to get a starter set at a good price in case I really have no talent for it.

Looking at the "works of art" that blokes on these forums turn out makes me wonder if I'll ever bring any pieces out of the shed. They set the bar high and the rest of us then have a goal to aim for.

prozac

prozac
28th February 2008, 05:31 PM
Bugga, bum, sh**,,,,,. I've just read the Florence post, and you're one of THOSE people with a 3rd eye or something.

The first 3, absolutely beautiful pieces. I love 'em especially the Ark one, and the anatomical phoenix one and the weeping viola! I'm just go back to the shed now.

prozac

springwater
28th February 2008, 08:03 PM
Bugga, bum, sh**,,,,,. I've just read the Florence post, and you're one of THOSE people with a 3rd eye or something.

The first 3, absolutely beautiful pieces. I love 'em especially the Ark one, and the anatomical phoenix one and the weeping viola! I'm just go back to the shed now.

prozac

couldn't resist really

underfoot
29th February 2008, 06:37 AM
[quote=prozac;691373]Bugga, bum, sh**,,,,,. I've just read the Florence post, and you're one of THOSE people with a 3rd eye or something.

yea , uhmm, thanks prozac,
( it's a mole, and I'm a bit sensitive about it):U

don't sweat it prozac, just start something,
what style of carving do you like?

according to the rules, you have to start using the tools within 1 week
of receiving them

prozac
29th February 2008, 11:27 PM
Ok, if thems the rules. It's only to get a feel for them mind.