PDA

View Full Version : Great new beginners cam software

Greolt
28th February 2008, 04:14 PM
Vectric who sell the popular Vcarve Pro software have just introduced Cut2D

A very good and easy to use 2D cam software.

It compares very well with Sheetcam, Lazycam and others for cost and leaves them in the dust as far as user interface is concerned.

In comparison to Vcarve Pro it will not do the vee carving toolpaths and does not have the bitmap to vector converter included.

But for $149 US it represents very good value.

The great thing is if you start with Cut2D and later want to upgrade to Vcarve Pro you only pay a $30 premium on the full Vcarve Pro price.

$149 Cut2D

$599 Vcarve Pro

$480 upgrade from Cut2d to Vcarve Pro

So with the upgrade path in mind I would recommend Cut2D as a great starting point for those getting into CNC routing.

Greg

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/cut2D/c2d_index.htm

WillyInBris
28th February 2008, 06:03 PM
Thats fantastic news for users that cant afford Vcarve first up.

Greolt
27th March 2008, 07:40 PM
Just to add to this thread,

Something I did not yet realise when starting the thread was that Cut2D did not include tabs.

Tabs are used to secure a part when cutting it out. Small sections that are not cut right through.

Following some negative feedback (I was fairly vocal :q) Vectric have had a rethink and have now included tabs in this program.

This has turned it from a hamstrung 2D program into something that is really useful.

The new version is available for download as a demo. Well worth the asking price IMO.

Greg

crocky
28th March 2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Fella's,

I got the email this morning and it does look fairly good and it would be a good buy seeing as the upgrade price to pro is so good :)

I think I will download the demo and see what it is like :)