PDA

View Full Version : Next Vic furnfest - April 12

Pages : [1] 2

rsser
1st March 2008, 11:51 AM
April 12 seems to be the best option of the 2 dates.

We'll have two lathes and a program something like this:

1. Spindle gouges -
2. Goblet turning - Skew
3. Textured lidded box - DJ
4. Hollowing tools - Hughie
5. ditto, mounted on the VM hollowing tool rest - Hughie and I.
6. A turned-bowl design conversation - away from the lathes - me
7. Sharpening turning tools - Rowie

The general plan is for each demonstrator to do a show and tell for 15 - 20 minutes and then open it up for you to have a go with their guidance.

Fred and Rodent have very kindly agreed to do a barbie lunch again and a catering donation of $5 is requested. There'll be Helen's fruitcake again for afternoon tea as well as tea, coffee and water available throughout the day.

There'll be a table for buy, sell, swap or giveaway as usual. DJ and Rowie will be bringing along some bits of timber to sell.

And don't count yourself out if you're not a turner or a gun turner; an interest in timber, design or wood finishing can be pursued on the day. There'll be lots of experience you can tap in to.

Just bring eye-protection and maybe a folding chair, and PM me for the location if you haven't already. It will be in Reservoir, 10 mins off the Ring Road. For GPS fans, UTM coordinates are

55 H 0324937

Read these threads for the discussions about the day so far:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=66115
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=66769

Thanks in advance to the demonstrators, to Rowie for the second lathe, to Hughie for coming south of the border, and to Fred and Rodent.

Anyone else from interstate apart from Hughie who needs a bed, you will be very welcome but sing out now.

We'll run from 10 to 5 with beer-o'clock at 3.

hughie
1st March 2008, 03:30 PM
Ern,
12th it is,yeehaaa looking forward to it, will pm flight details as they come to hand. hughie

rsser
3rd March 2008, 05:45 PM
Great Hughie.

(And it seems I've called it a furnfest so there's no name clash or IP rights issue :- ).

Skew ChiDAMN!!
3rd March 2008, 08:39 PM
The Furnfest?

Sorry, can't make it... I'm already doing the Ernfest that day. :U

scooter
3rd March 2008, 10:16 PM
Learnfest for some.

Groggy
3rd March 2008, 10:25 PM
Learnfest for some.How about the "L"-Ern-fest. :)

rsser
4th March 2008, 07:11 AM
Fern and games :D

Calm
4th March 2008, 06:05 PM
Fern

You mean New Zealanders are welcome???????????:D:D

rodent
14th March 2008, 06:07 AM
Leave a bit of space for us ern were bringing the big BBQ .I supose ill have to make another ripple cake again .Only if i can get them on special at Coles or Safeway guys . Ill see if Jess can get there ern , I think she might be going to an Aunts Birthday ? P.S she got her learners permit today ( watch out on the roads guys another B.B.T.W ) .:doh:

rsser
14th March 2008, 06:19 AM
You bet Rodney.

Pass on congrats to Jess. Spose it was a cage rather than a bike?

rsser
14th March 2008, 02:49 PM
btw, Helen has offered to make a cake so maybe that'll do, short of satisfying the CRC addicts.

On the other hand, I could try my legendary charm (cough) and see if she'll do one. Or two.

scooter
14th March 2008, 09:17 PM
Bugger. :(

Can't make it to this one, too much on. Sorry I can't get there.

Have fun.

Cheers...................Sean

rodent
15th March 2008, 01:03 AM
Looks like jess can get there so it will be the three of us . B.B.T.W ( blond behind the wheel ) and i've been suckered into being her observing driver ( not the time to give up smoking I think ) .Oh and shed I have the 3/4 and the 1/2 inch spindle masters ill bring them over so we can play.:doh:cctv camera recever all plugs and sockets with magnet attached to base of camera , will travel oh it's a fixed focuse ern so we set and forget no zoom ok .:2tsup:

Groggy
15th March 2008, 02:06 PM
Ern, you need to clear your inbox, PMs are bouncing.

I do not have a scroll chuck for the MC900.

The spindle thread is 1" x 10tpi.

DJ’s Timber
15th March 2008, 02:41 PM
Ern, you need to clear your inbox, PMs are bouncing.

I do not have a scroll chuck for the MC900.

The spindle thread is 1" x 10tpi.

Sent you a PM with Ern's email.

What do you need the Chuck for, I've got a Teknatool Nova G3 and a Nova Compac with 1" x 10tpi threads if that helps.

I am bringing my little Jet Mini on the day as well to do the Box demo and also the collet chuck and some pen kits and blanks ready to turn as well.

Groggy
15th March 2008, 03:16 PM
Good-o DJ, then we have a scroll chuck for my lathe and Ern won't need to worry about chasing one. :2tsup:

rsser
15th March 2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks Greg and DJ.

Mailbox emptied (a bit).

Think I've got a 1 x 10 insert for my VM100 chuck; will chk later.

Got a couple of other chucks for the Stubby.

rsser
16th March 2008, 11:07 AM
Nope, it's 1 x 8.

Yes pls DJ to bringing your chucks.

rsser
16th March 2008, 11:14 AM
Oh and shed I have the 3/4 and the 1/2 inch spindle masters ill bring them over so we can play.:doh:cctv camera recever all plugs and sockets with magnet attached to base of camera , will travel oh it's a fixed focuse ern so we set and forget no zoom ok .:2tsup:

Eggzellent.

Oh, and Helen will do a couple of choc ripple cakes :p

rsser
16th March 2008, 11:40 AM
Ok, for catering, apart from the demonstrators this is the list so far with three maybe's.

If you're on the list but can't now make it, pls let us know. If I've missed you then sing out.

And if you're just interested in turning and would like to see what folk do and how, we don't bite and you're more than welcome but do make a post and email me for the address at ern (at) reeders (dot) net

Stuart?
Thumbsucker?
Sarge (for part of the day)?

Groggy
GJ
Astrid
Tea lady
Wally
Robert
Waldo
Gra
Calm
Rodent
Crazyscew (Fred)
Jess
Big Shed
Allan at Wallan
Elbow

nalmo
16th March 2008, 08:41 PM
Newbie, but would love to attend, pick up some tips & get advice.

rsser
17th March 2008, 12:29 PM
Sure Nalmo. PM sent.

Waldo
17th March 2008, 01:35 PM
Rsser,

You missed Skew on the list :aro-u:

Just confirming that I have permission, SWMBO said after looking at calendar, "I guess so" :2tsup:

Gra
17th March 2008, 01:37 PM
ive booked in the leave of absence, SHMBO hasnt said no, so that means yes:D:D

So I will be there as well, may be late due to child commitments, but will get there

rsser
17th March 2008, 02:32 PM
Great, guys.

Waldo, perish the thought, but Skew's on the list of demonstrators so I've assumed he's coming ;-} (So also gets two bits of CRC).

BTW, anyone got a portable urn they can bring?

(No, I don't expect to be legless!).

Calm
17th March 2008, 02:56 PM

Just sit on the motorbike hey:D:D:D:D ern (URN)

DJ’s Timber
17th March 2008, 04:23 PM

If you mean an electric urn for boiling water, then yes I have one I can bring :2tsup:

rsser
17th March 2008, 08:33 PM
That's the one DJ. Ta muchly.

The kitchen kettle won't be up to meeting the demands of the hard-core tea drinkers ;-}

Calm ... could always try running the garden hose through the cooling system, if you like your cuppa green.

RETIRED
18th March 2008, 08:03 AM
That's the one DJ. Ta muchly.

The kitchen kettle won't be up to meeting the demands of the hard-core tea drinkers ;-}

Who would that be?:roll:

rsser
18th March 2008, 09:05 AM
:exactly:

Anne Munro
19th March 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi Guys,
I am a member here (although I do not often contribute) and I am really keen to come to the turnfest. How do I find out the address to come to. I understand why the address is not put on here (it may turn out like Corey's party!) but I don't know what to do to find out. Could someone please advise me.
cheers

DJ’s Timber
19th March 2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Could someone please advise me.
cheers

Ern will PM or email his address a bit closer to the day :2tsup:

rodent
20th March 2008, 12:45 AM
ILL be dragging skews scrawny but over ern don't worry and his leader lathe . I hope you have a gazebo or something just in case the weather turns sour ? Not that it would do such a contemptuous thing and yes i used the dictionary for the big word .

rsser
20th March 2008, 06:03 AM
Goodo Rodent.

No, no gazebo I'm afraid and it'll be a jam already with 2 lathes in the front shed so I'd suggest no more lathes.

rsser
20th March 2008, 06:05 AM
Hi Guys,
How do I find out the address to come to. cheers

Anne, you're more than welcome.

I can't PM you as you haven't set this permission in your user control panel.

So email me at ern(at)reeders(d0t)net for the address.

nalmo
20th March 2008, 02:17 PM
Will have one extra attending, my neighbour (who owns the lathe & generously allows me its use until I purchase my own).

rsser
20th March 2008, 04:18 PM
Goodo Nalmo.

It's forum members only on the day so pls ask him to register.

tea lady
20th March 2008, 10:13 PM
I can bring gazebo tent type thing and/or market umbrella if you want.:cool:

rsser
21st March 2008, 04:51 AM
Many thanks for the offer Tea Lady.

If the weather starts to look sour I'll extend the shed with a tarp.

woodwork wally
3rd April 2008, 10:35 AM
Ern just to let you know allisOK and will be there.:2tsup: the little holiday has improved things considerable for now:). Do you need another lathe ? I just bought a new carbatec midsize and could fetch it over if required Regards W.W.Wally

rsser
3rd April 2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks Wally, and for the lathe offer. Think we are good for lathes at the moment ... 3 at last count.

JohnMa
5th April 2008, 03:42 PM
Got registered and will ne coming with nalmo , thanks

rsser
5th April 2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks John.

Welcome to the madhouse ;-}

Allan at Wallan
6th April 2008, 09:23 PM
Ern, may I make a suggestion please.

It would be helpful if everyone could wear
a suitable name tag showing:

* their Forum user name, and
* their Christian name at least.

Regards,

Allan

I once stole a calendar - and got 12 months.

Groggy
6th April 2008, 09:31 PM
I am the greeter and meeter for the day. If there is a list of nicks to names I'll print them up and bring the labels with me.

Waldo
6th April 2008, 09:37 PM
I am the greeter and meeter for the day. If there is a list of nicks to names I'll print them up and bring the labels with me.

So that makes my username "Waldo" and real name "whatsisname?" :D

rsser
7th April 2008, 07:55 AM
Cool; thanks Groggy.

I'll post a draft program for the day soon.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th April 2008, 10:13 PM
What if yer not Christian? Will a Buddhist name do instead?

That'd make me Skew-rah-rah-waffle with a Buddhist name of Anantavikrama.

:p

David Mitchell
7th April 2008, 11:33 PM
I am just confirming that I will be attending the turnfest 12 April:)
D M

Allan at Wallan
8th April 2008, 10:45 AM

:p

You have sent Groggy into a spin with all that.
Now he doesn't know whether he is making up
name tags or a menu with the "rah-rah-waffle".
:2tsup:

Allan

rsser
8th April 2008, 04:46 PM
Last minute things for Sat:

* Bring a folding chair if you need a guarantee of a seat but I have 10-12 here

* Bring eye protection; there'll be opportunities to try your hand so dress for it. Only Skew is licensed to turn bare-foot ;-}

* If you'll be having more than one or two cuppas, pls bring your own mug (, there's one here with your name on it.)

* Lunch will be a barbie courtesy of Rodney and Fred; Helen will do fruitcake, choc ripple cake and scones for morning tea; I'll do the really hard yards with bags of chips and nuts for afternoon tea

* A donation of $6 to cover food costs is requested

* To find no. 27, look for the speed hump and the lemon scented gum; come up the side drive to the shed

* Groggy (aka Greg) is the meeter and greeter for the day so find him when you get here and he'll show you what's where

* There'll be a buy, sell, swap & giveaway table again - bring your items labelled with your name and terms.

Given the numbers, it's going to be a bit of a squash. We're up to about 25 so pls if you can't make it let me know since catering has to be organised.

I've tried to devise a program which will allow demonstrators to do a show and tell for about 15 minutes and then demo on the lathe. If that's not your cuppa then float to the start of the next demo. Where possible, there'll be a chance for you to try your hand.

Rough program:

10am Spindle gouges -
11am Morning tea
11.30 Hollowing tools - Hughie
11.45 Project: textured lidded box (continuing through the day) - DJ
12.30 Lunch
1 pm Deep hollowing using a rig - Hughie and Ern
1.15 Project: goblet turning (continuing through the afternoon) - Skew
2pm Sharpening - Rowie
3pm Afternoon tea
4pm A conversation about turned bowl design (opinions will be welcome especially from those who've had a few sherberts for afternoon tea :wink: )

So now for the 'duty of care' stuff:

- no drinking and driving of any machinery (except the toilet button)
- turning is a risky activity; stand clear of the lathes and bandsaw when in use; if turning, remove or button up loose clothing
- if trying your hand and unsure about what to do ask the demonstrator or anyone balding and/or with reading glasses ;-}

Think that's it.

And a special welcome to Hughie whose down from Sin City for the weekend.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th April 2008, 10:14 PM
* Bring eye protection; there'll be opportunities to try your hand so dress for it. Only Skew is licensed to turn bare-foot ;-}

:B Got me a new pair of steel caps but I reckon it'll take another 10 years to break 'em in at my usual rate. I'll bring 'em along if I don't fling 'em over the fence first...

Groggy
8th April 2008, 10:23 PM

:pHmmm, first one's done

Skew ChiDAMN!!

Ignacious

Next! :p

Elbow
9th April 2008, 09:47 AM
Add me to your list please Groggy:)

Allan

rsser
9th April 2008, 09:53 AM
Give him 'Francis' ;-}

Pat
9th April 2008, 09:56 AM
Any chance of someone (Groggy) videoing some of the demo's, especially 's for those that cannot make it?

Gra
9th April 2008, 09:58 AM
:B Got me a new pair of steel caps but I reckon it'll take another 10 years to break 'em in at my usual rate. I'll bring 'em along if I don't fling 'em over the fence first...

Are they fluffy, like your last pair??:U:U

Calm
9th April 2008, 01:40 PM

Do you use them as the safety glasses, gloves or have they actually been on your feet???:D:D

tea lady
10th April 2008, 01:56 PM
Any chance of someone (Groggy) videoing some of the demo's, especially 's for those that cannot make it?

I will bring digital camera that also takes movies. Will be taking bribes from people who don't want their image exposed on the web.:D

Cliff Rogers
10th April 2008, 02:24 PM
Geeze if I was you TL, I'd be worried about getting in strife with the authorities for posting images of that mob on the web. :D

Gra
10th April 2008, 02:59 PM
I will bring digital camera that also takes movies. Will be taking bribes from people who don't want their image exposed on the web.:D

I will be bringing mine as well

Calm
10th April 2008, 05:20 PM
Ern

Sorry about the small change of plans but i have had nothing on all week and have to meet someone until 12 noon on Sunday so i will not get there until abut 1.30 or 2pm. (prospective job - he wants to play golf at 8am and talk about it.) Will still bring the longworth and donut chucks for show & tell.

Are you interested in a bit of cypress about 600mm by 300mm to play with. It is off a 3ft diameter block that has laid under the other trees for about 25 years. Dont know the variety it is just the common big cypress you see on farms etc. Hopefully i can get a half of it with no cracks.

seee you on sunbday

dave

Grumpy John
10th April 2008, 05:40 PM
Ern

Sorry about the small change of plans but i have had nothing on all week and have to meet someone until 12 noon on Sunday so i will not get there until abut 1.30 or 2pm. (prospective job - he wants to play golf at 8am and talk about it.) Will still bring the longworth and donut chucks for show & tell.

seee you on sunbday

dave

O.K. I'm officially confused, thought the "Ernfest was on the 12th which is a Saturday. Please confirm, I can make it either day.

Calm
10th April 2008, 05:45 PM
O.K. I'm officially confused, thought the "Ernfest was on the 12th which is a Saturday. Please confirm, I can make it either day.

John thanks for that i now have Sunday free - see the brain has gone into shutdown mode already. Good cancel that previous post and i will be there when i remember to drive down - hopefully for lunch or 10 am is even better.

Ah well the upside is i meet new freinds every day.

See you all SATURDAY all day

ooroo
dave

RETIRED
10th April 2008, 05:58 PM
April 12 seems to be the best option of the 2 dates.:D

Groggy
10th April 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't have a digi-cam so another volunteer is needed.

Groggy
10th April 2008, 06:27 PM
Wow! Just noticed it is THIS Saturday - where'd the time go? It was daylight saving wasn't it :~ . Should've noticed the curtains fading :roll:.

Ern or someone (DJ :p ) have you got a list of nicks and names to PM to me so I can start on the labels?

rsser
10th April 2008, 09:20 PM
Yup, this Sat it is. Tie a knot in your hankies.

Groggy, how about we ask people to do their own. I'll provide the labels.

As for cameras I'm hoping that Rodent will be able to organise a CCTV setup pointed at the MC900 for the spindle gouge session and the goblet project. The idea is to allow the audience to get a better view given that there's gonna be plenty of you. Hollowing and lidded box will take up the other two lathes so plenty of photo opps there.

David, happy to relieve you of some timber any time, thanks. The Stubby has a big maw ;-}

DJ’s Timber
10th April 2008, 09:29 PM
Ern or someone (DJ :p ) have you got a list of nicks and names to PM to me so I can start on the labels?

Don't look at me Groggy, have no idea on who is going :doh:

Groggy
10th April 2008, 10:18 PM
Who's missing or not coming??

????? - Robert Brown
hughie - ?????
Nalmo - ?????
Astrid - ?????
Woodwork Wally - ?????
Skew ChiDAMN!! - Andy
Waldo - Chris
Gra - Neil
Rodent - Rodney
scooter - Sean
rsser - Ern
Groggy - Greg
Calm - David
Jess - Jess
DJ's Timber - DJ
-
tea lady - Anne-Maria
Anne Munro
JohnMa - John
Allan at Wallan - Allan
Elbow - Allan
Pat - Pat
Grumpy John - John

woodwork wally
10th April 2008, 10:28 PM
Can you see robert brown on there maybe its just me eyes but he is the taxi

DJ’s Timber
10th April 2008, 10:45 PM
Who's missing or not coming??

????? - Robert Brown
hughie - ?????
Skew ChiDAMN!! - Andy
Rodent - Rodney
Nalmo - ?????
Waldo - Chris
Gra - Neil
Astrid - ?????
Woodwork Wally - ?????
scooter - Sean
rsser - Ern
Groggy - Greg
Calm - David
Jess - Jess
DJ's Timber - DJ
-
tea lady - Anne-Maria
Anne Munro
JohnMa - John
Allan at Wallan - Allan
Elbow - Allan
Pat - Pat
Grumpy John - John

Filled in a few of the missing names for you Greg

Skew ChiDAMN!!
11th April 2008, 12:15 AM
What do I need a label for? :hmm:

I know who I am... it's all you other wallies I get confused about. :~

Waldo
11th April 2008, 12:21 AM
Oi! You up there, you callin' me a Wally, I'm Waldo.

(Woodwork Wally excused)

:screwy:

:boxing:

:D

(2nd attempt at this post, coz my last one got sucked up somewhere and disappeared :?)

Soren
11th April 2008, 12:26 AM
[quote=Groggy;717069]Who's missing or not coming??

Please add me to the list

Soren

Skew ChiDAMN!!
11th April 2008, 12:30 AM

Now that seems to depend on what part of the world you're in...

:handball:70933

Waldo
11th April 2008, 12:36 AM
:no: he's not me and I'm not him.

He's a hard bloke to find, me - I'm always in the shed. Wally? - he could be anywhere, might even be in your shed. See, he could be the bloke losing stuff in there on you. You might even find him when you clean up in there

- when. :D

Pat
11th April 2008, 07:28 AM
Groggy, I'm not going, I only asked if there was going to be a vid shot. I'd love to go, but I just sent MBGitW away for the weekend and the boys are coming over to drink beer, play a little poker, talk carp, drink beer in about 9 1/2 hours time:)

nalmo
11th April 2008, 12:08 PM
Nalmo = Alan

See you Saturday

Groggy
11th April 2008, 01:10 PM
What do I need a label for? :hmm:

I know who I am... it's all you other wallies I get confused about. :~You are getting a toe tag :D

Gra
11th April 2008, 01:23 PM

They didn't call you wally they called you A wally :U:U

rsser
11th April 2008, 02:17 PM
Hughie = Neil
Astrid = Mel (but may not be able to come)

rsser
11th April 2008, 02:21 PM
Oh, and Crazyscew = Fred

Nalmo's mate = John (I think)
Rowie = Dale

Big Shed
11th April 2008, 02:24 PM
I seem to have disappeared from the list?

Calm
11th April 2008, 02:25 PM
If Crazyscew = Fred & Nalmo's mate = John (I think) & Rowie = Dale what does 1 + 1 =

rsser
11th April 2008, 02:27 PM
Slightly revised program attached folks.

rsser
11th April 2008, 02:30 PM
Sorry Big Shed; you exist on the paper list anyway.

Big Shed = Fred ?

Big Shed
11th April 2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry Big Shed; you exist on the paper list anyway.

Big Shed = Fred ?

Thanks Ern, yep Fred it is.

May bring SWMBO=Johanna if that is OK?

rsser
11th April 2008, 03:17 PM
Hollanders are always welcome Fred ;-}

We'll outnumber the anglo-celts at this rate.

But after this addition I'm afraid we'll have to draw the line.

Groggy
11th April 2008, 04:03 PM
Allan at Wallan – Allan
Anne Munro
Astrid – Mel
Big Shed – Fred
Calm – David
Crazyscew – Fred
DJ's Timber – DJ
Elbow – Allan
Gra – Neil
Groggy – Greg
Grumpy John - John<o></o>
hughie – Neil
Jess – Jess
John
JohnMa – John
Nalmo – Allan

Robert Brown
Rodent – Rodney
Rowie – Dale
rsser – Ern
scooter – Sean
Skew ChiDAMN!! – Andy
SWMBO – Johanna
tea lady - Anne-Maria
Waldo – Chris
Woodwork Wally

tea lady
11th April 2008, 06:30 PM
I'm half dutch. Does that tip us over the line? :D

One more sleep. :happydance::happyb:

DJ’s Timber
11th April 2008, 06:38 PM
G'day Folks

I hate to say this but I have to pull out, have had a couple of things come up that will prevent me from attending tomorrow.

Sorry to muck the program up but I hope you all have a great day.

Groggy
11th April 2008, 07:54 PM
Shame you are going to miss it DJ :(

cedar n silky
11th April 2008, 08:22 PM
You all have a great day, you hear now!:D Yo all come back now!:q The Clampert Family.

rsser
12th April 2008, 07:32 AM
DJ being out means we need a chuck for the MC900.

Can anyone bring a chuck with a 1 x 10 insert?

Calm
12th April 2008, 08:51 AM
DJ being out means we need a chuck for the MC900.

Can anyone bring a chuck with a 1 x 10 insert?

Ern 2 on the way be there about 9.30
cheers

Big Shed
12th April 2008, 10:23 AM
Slight problem with the car, so we are still in Bendigo. If I can get it resolved within the next hour or so will still try to make it, otherwise we will have to miss out.:((

scooter
12th April 2008, 05:47 PM
Take me off the list, please Greg, I can't make it to this one.

Have fun, all.

Cheers..................Sean

Calm
12th April 2008, 09:01 PM
Well another very enjoyable day at Erns - THANKS AGAIN ERN:2tsup::2tsup:

Met Hughie from Sydney - watched Skew make another goblet, Robbos wizardry with gouges and lots of BS and cuppas. Great lunch from Rodent and Crazy and great snacks form Ern's lovely partner. :2tsup:

Missed the tomfoolery that is usually attributed to DJ & Scooter so now we know who the less fortunate ones are:D:D

Anyway i got no photos but it really did happen so thanks everyone for a great day.

Sorry forgot to mention Tea Lay was there in all her splendor, i think she will definitely return to the next one after 's comments on the hollowing tools!!!!!!!

Allan at Wallan
12th April 2008, 09:34 PM
What a great day with a fantastic attendance.
It was very pleasing to meet up with the regulars
and very encouraging to see many newcomers.
Thanks to the demonstrators, , Skew, Hughie
and anyone willing to show their prowess on the
lathes. Thanks also to Groggy (Greg) for his efforts.

It was nice to be able to put a face to the name
of those who contribute to the Forum.
Was looking forward to meeting "Big Shed" but
as shown on a previous thread he could not make
it because of car problems. Maybe next time.

The efforts of those who brought "show and tell"
items brought lots of interest as did the many items
of wood for sale by "Rowie".
Thanks to Ern for his hospitality plus his family
members with catering. The barbecue was very
well done too Skew and Rod.
Too many people to mention individually but thank
you all for such a successful day.

Allan