PDA

View Full Version : peerless drill press?

SilverSniper
3rd March 2008, 11:47 AM
I've been looking at a Peerless drill press in Fisher discounts in Canberra.
This one here

http://www.peerlessproducts.com.au/workshop/pedestal/67

The floor model is a bit different from the photo, it has a more sturdy lever arm. It's construction feels sturdy, and its specifications measure up for my general woodworking requirements.

Its $600 and so it is a bit dearer than comparable models from, say H and F. Why I'd pay more is that its got a 3 year warranty and I don't have to pay postage, and I know the guys at Fisher Discounts will look after me if its not up to standard.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand or comments on the purchase? I'm pullling the trigger later in March.

acgraham
3rd August 2009, 02:42 PM
how did the peerless drill press work out for you? im in bendigo and thinking of buying one...

Big Shed
3rd August 2009, 03:24 PM
how did the peerless drill press work out for you? im in bendigo and thinking of buying one...

Was in Abbotts Supply last week and they had one of those on the floor, looked the business:2tsup:

jatt
4th August 2009, 08:11 AM
Dunno if u can get hold of one from their depot in Havilah road. Remember taking my Peerless stick unit out there for warranty repair a couple of years ago.

I know they did the odd sale from there several years ago, cause thats where I bought my welder and bench grinder from.