PDA

View Full Version : Real Timber Cladding

PROWBY
4th March 2008, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,

can anyone out there point me to a seller of timber which is suitable for cladding fences or gates with. To give you more of an ideas what i'm on about have a look at www.screenstylewa.com.au. They have a great idea when it comes to stylish looking gates and fences. I have rung some big players in timber with no luck, i'm getting to be on my whits end...also some pics of what to expect from screenstylewa.....

journeyman Mick
5th March 2008, 12:54 AM
Look like 90 x 19 hardwood decking (unreeded) to me. Try asking for hardwood baluster material.

Mick

Ashwood
5th March 2008, 08:39 AM
Would agree with journeyman Mick.
No reason why hardwood decking material would not work.
It'll just be your choice what types of wood.
And Kiln dried perhaps for minimal warping.

whitewood
5th March 2008, 01:07 PM
Do some research about Paulownia. I believe it is as good as WRC but cheaper

glock40sw
5th March 2008, 01:36 PM
Try Bosch Timber Flooring at Wangara or Myaree.
They can source hardwood pencil round from the eastern states that will do the job.

PROWBY
5th March 2008, 06:42 PM
thanks fellas, appreciate it...

PROWBY
7th March 2008, 04:07 PM
glock40sw,

I tried Bosch as you directed and I was told that they onlt do timber flooring, tongue and groove type stuff. They put me onto a mobn called Timber west that can mill timber down (expensive)

I THINK I'M ????? OUT OF LUCK AGAIN..

Vernonv
7th March 2008, 05:13 PM

I think you need to try a bit harder. Go ask your local hardware store or pretty much any timber merchant and they should be able to help. Just ask for unreeded 90 x 19 decking as Mick suggested.

If you wanted you could even let you fingers do the walking:cool:.

glock40sw
7th March 2008, 06:42 PM
glock40sw,

I tried Bosch as you directed and I was told that they onlt do timber flooring, tongue and groove type stuff. They put me onto a mobn called Timber west that can mill timber down (expensive)

OK...Did you talk to David?
He is the owner and Boss.

Also try Floors by Nature 42 Daly street, South Fremantle
Talk to Dennis or Jason

Tell Dennis you were talking to Trevor from Grafton