PDA

View Full Version : Queensized....delivered!

kekemo
5th March 2008, 10:26 AM
....Just sharing.....& shouting out....have a look!
....soft as silk .... & as smooth as.....You'll dream fine in this baby!

...she's finished...hoping that posting in this area will get me some feed back....ok... most forumies that know my posts will understand my need to share....Felt so down when I didn't have anyone to see what I had accomplished...Ed was my biggest supporter & I miss him so much still.....& of course as he was deaf...so, I felt like shouting this out to everyone...to come see what I have made...(sorry) hense the extra post....whispering corner...doesn't get much response....

Tried to keep a photographic picture so anyone wanting to do a bed....would see its easy...but...ladies it's heavy work....& lots of lifting...be prepared! But, must say that I loved doing every second of it...

I did every single solitary bit...even to transporting ( just fits in the back of a toyota cruiser) & putting together, (used 2" X 3/8" coach bolts)...they are great...they bight into the pine, stronger system better than brackets you buy & far cheaper to make your own, all the wood in the bedhead & base, is South African pine....yep nearly all recycled....except the side rail & leg supports (140 x 35 pieces they are new)..so it's multi national too!

A very fitting "wedding gift" I do believe!
...Yes they got a surprise when they came home!
Thanks everyone...would love to hear your comments....

KEKEMO :p & :(

jaspr
5th March 2008, 10:31 AM
nice work, kekemo!:2tsup:

Scally
5th March 2008, 11:55 AM
Well done.

It looks like a top bed. Those pipe clamps are great for gluing up long sections.

Now you can make one for yourself out of Jarrah if you want something really heavy.

I like the rainbow pencil. My plain coloured ones keep disappearing in the shed. There must be a huge stack of them somewhere.

Congratulations on getting the bed finished.

Pheonix
5th March 2008, 06:13 PM
The devils playground!!!:U

Sawdust Maker
5th March 2008, 07:54 PM
Nice bed - job well done:brava

Harry72
5th March 2008, 08:19 PM
Very nice work Keke!

Tex79
5th March 2008, 08:53 PM
Great bed, top work