PDA

View Full Version : Can you spot the error?

SAISAY
5th March 2008, 04:05 PM
http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL901/4296351/18296920/307142316.jpgThis was posted in Melbourne by a Japanese exchange student recently
:D
Wolffie

fletcher
5th March 2008, 04:10 PM
that's one of those kiwi cats they like so much over there in NZ

rgum
14th March 2008, 04:53 PM
The Melb Age said recently that this was posted by scammers. You ring and they get some of your details and rip you off. How??? Buggered if I know!

Notice it's a 1900 no. :q

Barry_White
14th March 2008, 06:24 PM
The Melb Age said recently that this was posted by scammers. You ring and they get some of your details and rip you off. How??? Buggered if I know!

Notice it's a 1900 no. :q

Don't 1900 numbers tic over at a faster rate giving income to the number owner. Maybe they keep you on the phone with some ruse like the phone a sexy lady number.

MikeCollett
14th March 2008, 07:36 PM
believe me you dont want our cats. some cats are not domestic animals - theyre $%&&%ing demons!

i had a cat at my rural place that belonged to a neighbour. it thought that it owned my kitchen, coming inside and pissing on my place
i couldnt kill it as it was someone elses pet. i had to start gentle, firstly just giving it a fright. then when that didnt work squirting water with a water gun at it (which is great fun by the way). when that didnt work 4 or 5 times then shut the cat door on it and scare it and then let it out. this cat didnt want to learn. next stage was shut the cat door and then squirt it with a water pistol, catch it with a towel and throw it out the door. and then, well after a few more times it finally realised that it wasnt welcome inside. still see it sometimes, but it keeps far enough from me and thats just good

id rather have that than though your aussie snakes, crocs and spiders. bugger that! they must be sh*ts to live with!

Daddles
14th March 2008, 08:11 PM
Funny, that same ad came up on an American bicycle forum I'm on. Exactly the same ad ... except for the photo which was an oppossum. Someone's being naughty with photoshop.

Richard

weisyboy
14th March 2008, 08:30 PM
that is a possum.

wuda i win:U

Woodlee
14th March 2008, 11:17 PM
believe me you dont want our cats. some cats are not domestic animals - theyre $%&&%ing demons!

i had a cat at my rural place that belonged to a neighbour. it thought that it owned my kitchen, coming inside and pissing on my place
i couldnt kill it as it was someone elses pet. i had to start gentle, firstly just giving it a fright. then when that didnt work squirting water with a water gun at it (which is great fun by the way). when that didnt work 4 or 5 times then shut the cat door on it and scare it and then let it out. this cat didnt want to learn. next stage was shut the cat door and then squirt it with a water pistol, catch it with a towel and throw it out the door. and then, well after a few more times it finally realised that it wasnt welcome inside. still see it sometimes, but it keeps far enough from me and thats just good

id rather have that than though your aussie snakes, crocs and spiders. bugger that! they must be sh*ts to live with!

We have feral cats here too , that live in the bush and destroy native wildlife .
I always carry a rifle in my ute , if I see one when I'm out bush my first priority is to shoot it.
At home I have a trap , and any cats that are caught are taken to the council pound for disposal.

You are obviously more tolerant than I .Your neighbours' cat wouldn't have made it past the door step if it was my place.
I am not cruel to animals and treat them with respect but you shouldn't have to put up with the nuisance of other peoples animals pissing inside your house.

My dog , and other pets don't roam and bother other people ,I expect others to keep their pets under control.

Kev

rgum
15th March 2008, 08:04 AM
Barry. You're spot on. I recall now the Age saying they play delaying tactics with you as you ring about your ....ha hah ....CAT....and then it costs you and they scam some cash outa you whilst they keep you on the phone.

Think I'll give it a go via public ph box. Chuck in a dollar or two. Gotta pay for fun these days ha he. :U

Pheonix
15th March 2008, 11:29 AM
They are nice grilled or toasted I believe!:2tsup:

malb
15th March 2008, 06:35 PM
Had a stray cat the same come into the house on Friday night and start munching on the cat bics of the real ones. None of the real ones were concerned in the slightest, two within a couple of inches and all very pleasant, but the third one, at the door about to come in, was suprised to see his friend inside.
Wouldn't go out the open sliding door till I turned on the outside lights, wasn't convinced that it was open cos it was dark outside.