PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new table saw .

swiftden
5th March 2008, 10:54 PM
Hello Everyone ,

Well i got rid of the Durden Pacemaker and bought this the other day to replce it.

Does anyone have a manual for one of these ? Wadkin Bursgreen Panel Saw

Wadkin Bursgreen Panel Saw, with extension table, overall table length 2.8 m, cutting width 1.5 m. 3 phase motor, 350mm diameter angling blade.

I pick it up this coming week so will see what it goes like . ment to have had little use over the past 15years. Owned by the one company .

Any one got any information or opinions on them ?

swiftden
5th March 2008, 10:56 PM
and this pic

Different
7th March 2008, 12:49 AM
Its a Wadkin BGP I think. have some paperwork for mine somewhere will have a look for it.
It is a fantastic saw I love mine but it need a little work to improve accuracy but if your is in better condition it might be fine the way it is.
Only advice I would give is dont try to pick it up they are very heavy
something like 700kg with all the tables etc attached.

Rgds

Ross

swiftden
7th March 2008, 07:04 AM
Yes that is the same saw by the looks of it. The original owner has told me it has had very little use in the past 15 years. hopefully it if in pretty good nick :)

Would love a copy of any manual etc you can find?

Wood Butcher
7th March 2008, 07:29 AM
Dad and I had one when we worked together. Fantastic saw, we used it every day for cutting material, I know you will be really happy with it. Unfortunately since he has had it for 20+ years there is no manual (but then we never needed it, only had to change a couple of belts once in that time)

artme
7th March 2008, 08:47 AM
I know they have a good reputation.
Great buy!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

swiftden
19th March 2008, 11:35 PM
Hello i am still looking for a manual for this toy . any one able to help ?

MurrayD99
20th March 2008, 07:46 AM
That is a beautiful, beautiful saw. Unfortunately I don't have 3 phase power. Hope you find the manual somewhere.

swiftden
22nd March 2008, 09:01 AM
You dont need three phase when you brother inlaw is a sparky and will change the motor over to single phase and rewire for you :) i currently have three hase but when i move soon i wont :(

Vernonv
22nd March 2008, 09:15 AM
... change the motor over to single phase and rewire

You can also use a rotary phase converter (or a static phase converter) to run 3 phase tools from single phase (or split phase as is my case).

swiftden
28th March 2008, 08:07 AM
Well went and picked my saw up from the truck yard yesterday now i just gotta figure out how to get it off the trailer :)

Looks great apart from a few cracks in the cast sliding bench which have been welded back together. the repairs look quite sound. Just annoyed that the seller neglected to mention the fact that it had previously been damaged.

Still a great saw tho for the money i payed for it ($840)

cant wait to set it up but again still gotta get it off the trailer. I am going to approach a mate who is an auto wrecker and see if he will bring his fork lift over on the tilt tray :)

Different
28th March 2008, 08:45 PM
Hello i am still looking for a manual for this toy . any one able to help ?

Mate I had a look for it but I can find no sign of it. In fact I got if from Wadkin. They dont make this kind of equipment but some nice guy there found it in the archives scanned and emailed it to me.
Actually just found the email so if you want it PM me with your email address and its yours

Ross

swiftden
29th March 2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the offer mate i will take you up on it.

I ordered a tin of silver glide from Carbatec today so hopefully it comes in the next couple of days and i can clean the table top. it has surface rust. I also need to do the lathe bed, bandsaw and drill press.

Got slack and forgot to cover them with their sheets. gotta hate condensation :(

The saw is now on the shed floor.

I am looking to design some sort of wheel base for it that does not raise the height of the saw. I want to be able to wind the wheel down for transport and then retract them so the saw sits on the ground for use. Has anyone done it and got some pictures?

munruben
29th March 2008, 10:38 PM
Looks a great saw. congratulations on your purchase and good luck with it. :2tsup:

Different
30th March 2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the offer mate i will take you up on it.

I ordered a tin of silver glide from Carbatec today so hopefully it comes in the next couple of days and i can clean the table top. it has surface rust. I also need to do the lathe bed, bandsaw and drill press.

Got slack and forgot to cover them with their sheets. gotta hate condensation :(

The saw is now on the shed floor.

I am looking to design some sort of wheel base for it that does not raise the height of the saw. I want to be able to wind the wheel down for transport and then retract them so the saw sits on the ground for use. Has anyone done it and got some pictures?

I cleaned the surface rust off mine and other machines with Kero and a rotating bronze brush chucked in a drill then clean it up and wax it all.

Ross

Basilg
4th April 2008, 09:03 AM
Hi
I recently bought the same machine & i am involved in tuning this and doing small repairs. If you still need the manual you can download this from Wadkin.com in the UK. Their local agent is Southern Cross Engineering who can access limited spares. However the spares are expensive.

have fun

swiftden
4th April 2008, 09:38 AM
I have not started on mine yet. Some pictures of yours would be good to see?