PDA

View Full Version : Prize draw registerations

munruben
7th March 2008, 08:55 AM
I am a bit confused but thats nothing new for me. My confusion is with the prize draws held regularly on the forum.
Following changes to procedures a few months ago, I was under the impression that members only had to register once and once only by typing "I'm in" and never had to register again for a draw. The confusing part is that I still see members typing "I'm in" all the time on individual draws coming up.
So, have I missed something. Do I still have to register somehow for each and every draw or is my original "I'm in" still effective and places me in the draws?
Maybe I have interpreted it wrong.

Dr Jan Itor
7th March 2008, 09:15 AM
I thought it was once only.

Sturdee
7th March 2008, 10:04 AM
Quoted from Ubeaut in another thread on the subject "

A number of members have been under the impression that they had to register for the prize draws on a monthly basis or after each draw. Some have registered as many as 10 times.

DO NOT ENTER MORE THAN ONCE!

Below is an updated copy of the info on the first screen of the Registration Forum:

Continued below insert......

This thread is for all members who wish to be eligible to win the
Free Stuff Prize Draws.

Heres the deal folks:
From today on (8th October 2007) only people who have posted "I'm in" in this thread will be eligible to win the Prize Draws.
As well as having your name in this thread you must also have been active on the forums at least 1 week prior to the draw.
This ensures that those who use and support the forums are the beneficiaries of the draws.
To be eligible. In this thread. you must enter the words, I'm in.
DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING BUT I'm in!

No message.... NO SIGNATURE. Nothing else, just - I'm in!

Only ONE registration per member.
Please register ONCE only.
Multiple registrations will be deleted

The following is aimed at those who have more than one name registered. We know who you are and if you register here with more than one name, you and all your other names will be deleted from this list and banned from entering the draws again. PLEASE PLAY FAIR!

International members: are free to enter the draws but must be prepared to pay the cost of International Postage or freight if you win.By submitting "I'm in" to this thread you are agreeing to pay for all charges that may be incurred in getting the prize to you.

If you are not prepared to pay, DON'T ENTER!

PAST WINNERS: May enter. We don't care how many times you win.
Cheers - Neil

WHY ARE WE DOING THIS: Because it will mean we can find a winner in a matter of seconds as opposed to the old way where it could take well over half an hour and be very frustrating. That would then have to be repeated if the prize wasn't claimed.

This way will ensure the prizes go to those who really deserve them whilst still allowing the maximum exposure for the prize donors.

Continued from above insert......

The registration thread has been edited and the original registration of each of the members who posted more than once has been left and all subsequent registrations have been deleted.

I was going to ban those who had multiple registrations from the draws for the number of draws that coincided with the number of extra registrations they put in.

However as there seems to have been a bit of confusion by many I have decided to declare an amnesty on those who have erred and waived this for now. Anyone who posts multiple registrations from this day on will be banned from entering for the time stated above.

Cheers - Neil

DJ’s Timber
7th March 2008, 10:05 AM
Yes you are right, you only have to register the once. The one registration covers you for all future draws.

I have a record of every entry and any duplications gets deleted immediately. You have to remember that we have a vast membership and to date we have had 587 registrations with that climbing regularly with 1 or 2 new registrations a day

munruben
7th March 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks Peter. Thanks DJ. Thats what I thought but was a bit confused by the guys/gals who register every time a draw comes up.

wheelinround
7th March 2008, 04:32 PM
Now I am confused

Is John talking about the One off Registration in the thread thats pages long

or

is he talking about acknowledging the new prize draw where some are just putting (I'm In)

DJ’s Timber
7th March 2008, 04:44 PM
Now I am confused

Is John talking about the One off Registration in the thread thats pages long

or

is he talking about acknowledging the new prize draw where some are just putting (I'm In)

I believe John is talking about this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=58150) where you register "I'm in".

The current draw Number 39 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=68149) that is going now, you don't have to do anything, but you can offer thanks to whoever is offering the prize, which in this case is Brett from Addictive Pen Kits and also claim your prize by responding in that thread if you are lucky enough to be drawn.

Are we clear now?

wheelinround
8th March 2008, 07:38 AM
I believe John is talking about this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=58150) where you register "I'm in".

The current draw Number 39 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=68149) that is going now, you don't have to do anything, but you can offer thanks to whoever is offering the prize, which in this case is Brett from Addictive Pen Kits and also claim your prize by responding in that thread if you are lucky enough to be drawn.

Are we clear now?

:2tsup: TY DJ

ubeaut
8th March 2008, 10:13 AM
In all draw announcements the response (if you choose to make one) should be to thank the donor NOT to type "I'm in" as some people seem to be doing.

It's amazing how so many people can make something so simple, so complicated, and get it so wrong. so often.... So there!