PDA

View Full Version : teknatool gouge

woodwork wally
7th March 2008, 07:50 PM
Help PLEASE I am trying to buy a couple of new tips for my much loved teknatool gouge The shaft diameter is 1/2 inch and tip is held on by an allen headed screw The tool has been well cared for so I want to keep using it. I have spoken to Jim C. :no: and also emailed teknatool :no:to no avail and now must try searching for new old stock:U or maybe someone has a few spares and will part with one :Uplease or alternatively someone may be making some to cater for folks like me :D. Thanks in advance for any help :2tsup:

RETIRED
7th March 2008, 10:18 PM
Try Trend Timber in Sydney. They may have old stock.

RETIRED
7th March 2008, 10:19 PM
Or Woodworkers Warehouse. They used to be agents for Tekys.

woodwork wally
8th March 2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks will give them both a try but any other info will be taken on board regards W W Wally

OGYT
8th March 2008, 02:00 PM
I didn't know Teknatool made any gouges. Any chance of your posting a pic of it? I'd like to see one, and maybe find out if there's a way to make a tip???

Sawdust Maker
9th March 2008, 10:10 AM
Woodcut have a 13mm, maybe that could fit
carbatec sell them

they appear to be cemented in by loctite
good luck:)

rsser
9th March 2008, 11:42 AM
and one screw on version:

http://www.shop.woodcut-tools.com/section.php?xSec=23

woodwork wally
9th March 2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Al it looks very similar to the woodcut one with the exception that the allen screw is inserted from the front between the sides of the gouge . and if the woodcut one fits I will probably change to that or shorten the shaft 20 mm. and thread it to suit the woodcut tip

woodwork wally
9th March 2008, 08:42 PM
Hi to all who gave their time to this one I now have enough info to either keep this gouge operating or get myself into a heap more fun modifying it to woodcut standards I keep on setting new targets and buying more wood and bits and swmbo says i have to use it all before I hit the cold slab so Im gunna keep on buying and fixing Once again thanks to all and keep on turning W.W. Wally

David Mitchell
9th March 2008, 09:53 PM
Eildon Woodworkers make a lot of turning tools .
Max May email [email protected]
Regards D M:)

woodwork wally
19th April 2008, 10:22 PM
Hey what a ripper:):) the woodcut one fits with about 2 mm too much threaded length A quick touch on the grinder and Micky mouse:2tsup::2tsup: Even shaft diameter is so close its touching :UThanks everyone for helping to keep a favourite turning Regards WWWally