PDA

View Full Version : OT - Koalas

OGYT
18th March 2008, 04:46 AM
Her Majesty does a lot of embroidery by machine. One of her patterns calls for white for the main color on a Koala. She wanted me to ask:
Is there such a thing as a white Koala?

thefixer
18th March 2008, 06:02 AM
Have a look here Al.
http://www.cnn.com/US/9806/05/albino.koala/

Cheers
Shorty.

P.S. That was me that sent you the Pm from U.S. forum.

wheelinround
18th March 2008, 09:17 AM
LOML made this for an exchange student some years back OGYT
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sue2spin/176798168/sizes/o/

helps if you put the link

yes albino Koala's do exist

dazzler
18th March 2008, 09:20 AM
some round here have whitish fur on the insides of the legs and stomach.

they normally just look dirty from the red dirt :D

OGYT
18th March 2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the Links, Shorty & Wheelin'... and Dazzler, I thought that one at the San Diego zoo looked like what you described. LOYL did a great job on that shirt, Wheelin'.
Shorty, can't believe you're the one... and from Melbourne... thought you was a yank. :eek:
Her Majesty has 5 different koala patterns that she's going to put on a quilt, and one of them will be white. Thanks, mates!!

Toyboy
18th March 2008, 01:42 PM
Hey OGYT, if you want a koala with the tail of a deer, let me know.
I am an embroidery digitiser and we run our own embroidery business. In our catalogue of pre-digitised designs is a koala with a tail. One day I'll run the design out just for fun.
If you need any assistance with designs, let me know the format and we may be able to help. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, merely a friendly gesture from one woodie to another, with NO COST involved.:U
I hope I don't get into trouble for this.:doh:

wheelinround
18th March 2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the Links, Shorty & Wheelin'... and Dazzler, I thought that one at the San Diego zoo looked like what you described. LOYL did a great job on that shirt, Wheelin'.
Shorty, can't believe you're the one... and from Melbourne... thought you was a yank. :eek:
Her Majesty has 5 different koala patterns that she's going to put on a quilt, and one of them will be white. Thanks, mates!!

TY Was a design she did and knitted the jumper

funkychicken
18th March 2008, 10:07 PM
Dunno why this thread is in the woodturning section....

Calm
18th March 2008, 10:11 PM
Dunno why this thread is in the woodturning section....

Because that is where it was started:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:doh:

OGYT
19th March 2008, 09:50 AM
FC, it's here (marked Off Topic), because I needed some info, and I knew this bunch could give it to me! :D Sorry. :(
Toyboy, thanks for the offer. She uses Bernina, ART and ESC formats, and neither of us can digitize anything.... :( I never saw a Koala, so I wouldn't know it didn't have a deer's tail. :D
Let's end this thread, so's to keep the piece... :U