PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on black formwork plywood in kitchens

Ben Dono
14th January 2004, 07:13 PM
all you guys are just great! its like having a few thousand minds all working out everyones problems.

Anyway..down to business.. ive made many kitchens before and im really sick of the white boxes as im sure many of us can relate. Im currently doing a job with an oriental theme and the black form ply with blond edges would look great all through the shop.
Im making book cases and floating shelves out of it as well as a kitchen. however, im still umming and arring that it is a good choice for wet areas ( keeping in mind the kitchen is really only used as a tea/coffee room.. not often used really.. just for show). What do you guys think?. any info would be fantastic.

oh and one last question.. i was planning on using a lock mitre bit to do some fancy work to hide some edges.. i know that the glue in the ply really messes with carbide bits but how bad can it be really? if the bit lasts kitchen or two its worth it right?

thanks guys! sorry bout the essay!

Ben in Sydney!

seriph1
14th January 2004, 10:20 PM
hi

I am uncertain as to the quality of presentation that formply has, but the idea sounds nice - I fell in love with furniture all over again when I "discovered" Japanese antiques back in 2000 and have enjoyed musing about what makes them so special since - there really is a kind of beauty that I find really hard to describe about the style - I would love to see the finished product, if you could post some pics ... Also I have a couple of japanese inspired kitchen pics here if you would find them beneficial for reference or just interest.....

thanks

Geoff Sims
15th January 2004, 01:01 AM
seriph1

I for one would like to see those pics if you can post them please.

Cheers

Ben Dono
15th January 2004, 07:50 AM
For sure i will take some pics and post them ... work should be done in about a month.

It would be good to get a non bias opinion on the finnished product.

seriph1
15th January 2004, 02:16 PM
Hope you guys find them helpful - while these are the only pics of Japanese stule kitchens, I would have 100+ pics of period kitchens and furniture that suits same..... happy to help if I can.

... now I am off to work out how to upload these pics

Ben Dono
16th January 2004, 08:33 AM
any idea on how i can find those pics?