PDA

View Full Version : Day out with Soundman

dai sensei
24th March 2008, 01:12 PM
For those of you that don't know me, due to my work and woodworking commitments, I rarely take out my boat I inherited from my father. I should sell it, but for centimental reasons I hang on to it, but I also get great pleasure when I do take it out. So I do encourage my friends to invite me out fishing on my boat :U

Well Soundman took me up on the offer and we went out yesterday afternoon on the Nerang river (tidal) returning late last night. Lots of clouds and threatening storms, but we managed to only get rain once, whilst we were under a bridge.

We ended up landing 6 bream (only 5 keepers) and 1 eel (also thrown back). After a fine start by myself, Soundman soon caught up and took out the biggest and most :~. I have attached the 2 I kept, small but legal (it's a big plate :rolleyes:), lunch for today. Hopefully Soundman will post a pic of the other 3, one of which was a decent size. As it was late when we returned last night, so we didn't ake any photos at the time and I've only just got up.

Had a great time, very relaxing with a nice cool breeze. Would have loved to catch more and biger, but hey, that's fishing :no::U

Cheers

soundman
24th March 2008, 04:25 PM
Yess in deedy a good time was had by all.

The eel was a bit of excitement, have you ever tried to get a grip on one of those things........"PLIERS OUT".

Was disapointed that no sharks turned up to have a go at the
"surprise mullet", they recon that these rivers & canals are fill of river wailers, come on show yourselves.

The last big bream was a surprise, thaught Id better check the line & strated reeling & there he was, he only started to get a bit of fight when he got near the boat.

The other two fish look like weeds beside the last one, both well legal.

cheers neil.
I think that river bears futhrer investigation.

RufflyRustic
24th March 2008, 05:14 PM
Looks like a very nice lunch there Neil and Joe, yesterday would have been a great day out on the river :2tsup::)

cheers
Wendy

fenderbelly
24th March 2008, 09:10 PM
well done guys,catching is just a bonus for the enjoyment you've had having a days fishing:2tsup:

philzero44
2nd September 2008, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a real relaxing time good onyars.