PDA

View Full Version : Woodwork Clubs

JackoH
16th January 2004, 08:04 PM
What happened to the list of Australian Woodies Clubs that used to be listed on this site?

Neil
17th January 2004, 08:10 AM
G'day John - I spat the dummy and took them off. Cost to keep them on was running up into the hundreds of dollars a month with time taken to keep them updated. Worse still was the abuse received from people who don't know a good FREE thing when they see it.

I had a gut full of whinging old farts who did nothing but complain, wouldn't help themselves and refused to answer letters, phone calls and emails to keep it updated. etc.

Same reason there is no longer a Woodies Calendar. Every one wants it but no one wants to part with the info to make it work. Do something for free, out of the goodness of your heart and with the intent of helping people and you will end up having the life blood sucked from you by a bunch of leaches.

Cheers - Neil :D

PS I have never suffered fools lightly and maybe it has something to do with the wacky medicine they have me on at the moment, but my tolerance level for fools, whingers and dickheads is getting less and less every day.

Maybe one day I will reinstate the club site but for now it is dead.

Gumby
17th January 2004, 09:03 AM
I sympathise with you Neil. I think it's symptomatic of the 'ME' society we seem to live in these days. People are all to ready to have a go at you but do bugger all themselves. My dear departed Dad said the same to me "suffer fools glady". Sorry Dad, I've tried but I can't do it. I work in a very 'people orientated' business but I've just about had a gutful too.
But congratulations on this service, it's great and 95% of us appreciate what you do.

RETIRED
17th January 2004, 10:13 AM
Gees Niel.

I was going to answer this one last night as I knew the reason but you put it so much better than I could. :D

ozwinner
17th January 2004, 11:36 AM
I dont think it is the medication, I had a brush with death some years ago, after that I had a totaly different outlook on life.
It seems to put everthing into perspective.
Cheers, Allan :)

Chesand
18th January 2004, 07:50 AM
I agree with Ozwinner. I faced my mortality a little over 5 years ago and my tolerance for fools diminished greatly. We also reach a stage in life where we don't need to tolerate them either and I think I have probably passed it.
Neil, keep up the good work but remember the health aspect.

JackoH
18th January 2004, 09:18 AM
Why is it that there seem to be lots of whingeing old farts amongst us woodworkers? 'Er indoors suggested it's because most of us are W.O.Fs.!:mad:
Anyway, I am sure Neil will not mind me informing you that lists of clubs can be found at :-http://home.vicnet.net.au/~woodlink/woodlink.htm

Cliff Rogers
19th January 2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by John Hambly
Why is it that there seem to be lots of whingeing old farts amongst us woodworkers? .....

It's not just woodworkers, it's society in general...
every club/organisation has their fair share of W.O.F. &
big mouths that sit back & put s**t on anyone who
does anything or says anything.
By the same token, every club/organisation has it's
backbone of hard workers that give of their time,
energy, & resources to make that club/organisation what it is.

Words of wisdom from one who had it written on his first ever
RAAF 207 (Airman's service evaluation)....
"Does not suffer fools lighty"

Rob Allan
20th January 2004, 08:28 AM
For information about any Woodwork Clubs that are members of the Council of Woodwork Clubs give the Secretary of the Council a call - Judy Wheeler 03 9386 1230.

Judy has offered to provide this service to people intending to join a club only. The Council has a privacy policy that prevents it from publishing the entire list with contact details.

Rob Allan

President Council of Woodwork Clubs

gatiep
22nd January 2004, 02:21 AM
Like Tom & others here I have had my share of near death experiences. Three 'manmade' ones in a previous life overseas and two health ones here in Australia. It surely has changed my perspective of life and also my values. I seem to be more tolerant of people that differ from me, 'fools' or whatever you want to call them and I have found that I do not get up tight with them.....I say my piece once and if they carry on......instead of " SANDING " the matter ( see now I've had my say on that).......I just hit the ignore button on the forum AND in real life.

Life is too short and too precious to be upset , ulcers are painful and heart attacks are dangerous.

Cya