PDA

View Full Version : Headin of inna da neba neba!!

Wild Dingo
25th March 2008, 11:54 PM
Okay decisions been made... IM OFF!!! :o

Like the proverbial roo on steroids :2tsup:

10 days outback in the 4x4 up through Mt Magnet Meekatharra Newman Marble Bar Pt Headland and then BROOMETOWN!!! :2tsup:

Expecting to take about 3 days to reach Broome then a couple of days with me younger sis muckin about on Cable Beach shes planed a day (or so :; ) trip up the Gibb River Road for some fishin with her boss Malcolm Douglas :2tsup: then a slow and steady wend back here...

Had enough of this negativity around here so time to start my new life as a single ol fart :doh: :U and have bought a new to me Prado and am adding the essentials tomorrow morning before I head off... had the new bullbar put on today get the spots tomorrow and while I put them on young Dan will put on the arieal for the cb... quick race into town to pick up a better mobile phone and a few bits of tucker some ice and gone!! DOWN THE TRACK!! :doh:

Anyways see you with a rundown and maybe some pics in about 10 - 11 days

Cheers!!
Shane

tea lady
26th March 2008, 12:08 AM
One ya Shane. Have a great time. :driving:Look forward to hearing of your adventures.:cool:

Wild Dingo
26th March 2008, 01:18 AM
Actually I am looking forward to starting off... wasnt that long ago I went up to Mt Magnet... but been over 30 years since I was in Meeka and Newman Broome was about 25 years back... so all up should be a great trip :2tsup:

Just gotta memba how to speak "propa" out there :U :U

jmk89
26th March 2008, 08:42 AM
Have great time Shane.

If you happen to land in Sydney (unlikely, but you never know), send me a PM and we will arrange for a few brown waters to be consumed (may get Wongo and some of the others around here together to meet the Dingo in person).

Drive safely

Pat
26th March 2008, 09:10 AM
Have great time Shane.

If you happen to land in Sydney (unlikely, but you never know), send me a PM and we will arrange for a few brown waters to be consumed (may get Wongo and some of the others around here together to meet the Dingo in person).

Drive safely

Sydney is the land of the muddy water:D

Have fun Shane, are you taking a chainsaw?

BobR
26th March 2008, 12:16 PM
You missed the deep cycle battery and engle. Have a good one - great country up there. Don't forget to leave some barra for the rest of us; and watch those snapping handbags.

echnidna
26th March 2008, 12:53 PM
onya Ding, avagreatime

Pheonix
26th March 2008, 08:07 PM
Say hello to the bruddas an cuzens:2tsup:

Buzza
29th March 2008, 10:59 PM
Go for it Ding. Don't forget the fishing gear . . and the can opener in case of the fishing gear failing. :)

Wild Dingo
5th April 2008, 12:50 AM
WHEW!!!

Im back........

WHAT A FLAMIN TRIP!!! AWEFRIGGINSOME!!! Extreme FUN!!!

Rain heat flies sweat and a bloody lot of BEER was had... took 37 hours to get there and 63 to get back!!... went tearing up to Meeka first target got there with a cracked windscreen courtesy of a mad bloody semi driver just out of New Norcia then a roo attacked headon the new ARB bullbar just south of Mt Magnet suicidal buggar :roll: them clocked a wedged tail eagle just at the doorstep of Meeka almost turned back at that point as it seemed that something was tryin to tell me it wasnt a good idea this trip... but well I fueled up looked around and felt warm and that great feeling of freedom and life just screamed through me... so I messaged everyone and decided to head to a campsite just north of Meeka for a bit of tucker

So I get there... lovely spot... begin getting STUFF ready first things first COLD BEER aahhhh then out with the tucker out with the frypan out with the plate chair and weapons and then I ripped out the gas bottle... all good so far eh?... then the barbie set her all up all swisho on her stand open her up... mmmm where the fl**(* is the damned gas lead??? so the mad scrambling search began... nope you guessed it dopey left it behind in the other camping barbie bag didnt he!! aaaaaaaaaaahhh another BEER!!!... so I sat back pondered me situashun a tad had anothery then it hit me!!

I had fish out right? right!! I had also bought a smoker... yes!!! so I set that up and set it to smoking the three peices the thing held... gave it its due time as per the intructions right?... nope... the two outside peices were RAW... but hey the centre peice was cooked BEAUTIFULLY!!!... so a bit of salad was made up a bit of dressing another BEER and I was in paradise! :2tsup: or so I thought...

Now up that way theyve had a shyteload of RAIN... and well as most would no doubt know rain up there brings out... JOE BLAKES!!! good gawd mates snakes? STREWTH everywhere I friggin looked were snakes!!... nope not stayin here he thoughts and packs camp in lightning time and gone up the frog and toad again... thinkin Newman aint so far up the track so that would do

BUT!!... didnt consider the time driving sleep deprivation thing did I... nope so I managed to lob up at some obscure little roadhouse before my eyes did the lights out dance and so had a grand feed a few more beers a good shower and slept the sleep of angels on a lovely mattress!!! gawd talk about bliss... then up and down the track again by 4am... aiming for Marble Bar for the night

Got to Newman by 6ish and stopped and yarned to the local whollopers about the conditions of the road through Nullagine Marble Bar to Headland... mmmm mate you do see the rain out there dont you? well its coming down like the proverbial cats and dogs out there... yep up the bitumine I went straight through to Pt Headland... cool short hop to Broome from here no wukkers and off I go again... after spending a few hours trying to score a gas lead... hint here if you need one in Pt Headland DONT go to Pt Headland go directly to South Headland and find the camping store which is around the back behind the shopping centre "Squizzys" as I recall... NO ONE else has them

So off I barrelled... got to Sandfire in 40C temp and decided to stop for a bit have a shower and relax before taking on the final leg... as I buggared of I noticed the sign for Wallal station and the southern end of 80 mile beach

OH!!! Chris? Mate I spotted Bidgie as I went along so I pulled up dropped me daks and threw em a browneye just for you... then I did a jig whooped and yelled screamed me head of before realizing what a galah I would have looked if anyone had wandered along and so shot through before me good name was trashed forever in the far north west... but I said gidday for you!! :2tsup:

jmk89
5th April 2008, 07:00 AM
Sounds like a great time ('cept the Joe Blakes - hate them) and good to get your perspective back in order.

Great to hear from you, Ding and keep in touch

Gra
5th April 2008, 07:48 AM
good to see you getting your head back into order mate. keep posting getting jealous of your road trip:2tsup:

wheelinround
5th April 2008, 09:34 AM
:rolleyes: yeh right Ding it didn't happen not one bit you :bartmoon:

Fuel makes a wonderful fire diesel or petrol or even drop of sprits gets an open fire going real well :D

:worthless:

jmk89
5th April 2008, 10:54 AM
This thread doesn't need pictures - it needs a song.

This one has helped me when I have been dumped. An mp3 can be provided to anyone with a need for it - send me a PM with your e-mail.

Dry My Tears And Move On
Written by Richard Thompson Appears on Mock Tudor (http://www.richardthompson-music.com/album.asp?id=33) (1999)
live from austin tx DVD & CD (http://www.richardthompson-music.com/album.asp?id=80) (2005)

If you don't want me I'll dry my tears and move on

You treated me just good enough until now
But if you're tired of me I'll get over you somehow
Oh, if you don't want me I'll dry my tears and move on

If you don't need me there's someone else who needs me out there
She's kind and tender and one day I'll find her I swear
So set me free while I've still got time
Don't try to hide your shame, dear, from my eyes

Faded love
As if you need a reason
Am I out of your dreams
Or just out of season
Oh the flame of love
Oh you wouldn't understand
You hide it in your heart
You don't hold it in your hand

My suit has got creases and my shoes have got shine
Let me know soon I'll find a better use for my time
Oh if you don't want me
If you don't want me
I'll dry my tears and move on
I'll dry my tears and move on

wheelinround
6th April 2008, 08:56 AM
:doh: Pics of his trip after all he did say
Anyways see you with a rundown and maybe some pics in about 10 - 11 days

Good to see you back Shane :2tsup:

munruben
6th April 2008, 09:07 AM
Yep, gotta have pics. :)

Wild Dingo
6th April 2008, 08:24 PM
Right were was I before I was interrupted??

OOOHH RIGHT!!! Wallal station... man yous mob just gotta go there!! 24 klicks of the bitchumine but worth the drive... mates this is THE most brilliant beach there is!! 80 flamin miles of pristine white sand turquoise sea and wonderous sunshine... drove 50 ks without seeing a soul took a dip in the WARM waters kicked back for an hour or so then drove back to the sandhill off the beach had another dip and wandered over the hill for a cuppa before heading further north...

Met an old fella as I sipped the hot coffee from me just broke in tin pannikin who asked "was there anyone on the beach mate?" to which I responded "not a soul mate no one within 50klicks of here" he shook his head and checked is lines outboard and gear tut tutting as he did then sat next to me an shared the pot of coffee "mate" said he "this place is bloody amazing theres flamin enough fish in that water to feed all of Aussie and these idiots dont go out mad the bloody lot of them" he went on to say there were near on 50 people camped up and not one had gone fishin in the last week now THAT was to me friggin AMAZING!!.. he then went on to give me a bit of his story... he an the missus had sold up and bought a winnibango to travel Aussie 3 months before had travelled found Wallal and there they had been for 3 months... yep started 3 months before and stopped 3 months before... howsat you ask? well they started their journey from... Pt Headland :U 200 klicks down the road!!

Anyway an hour or so later I buggared off... challenging a bloody great brahman bull as I wandered along... no wukkers I looked him in the eyeballs from the safety of me cab eye to eye we were and he snorted his disgust and just stood glaring at me as I drove on by... big buggars them fellas

Onward to Broome town!!! :2tsup:

I drove in at 7pm drove around looking for the "Satay Hutt" my sis had told me she worked at couldnt find it to save my life so wandered around to the Roey (Roebuck Bay Hotel for the uninitiated :; ) had me a few coldies then decided to wander on and try to find the place before I either fell fast asleep or fell on me face drunk... man heat drivin an such sure does make the beer head straight to ones noggin eh? :doh: So anyway off I blundered tryin to ring her as I went along no answer then I remembered the name of the caravan park she was staying at... yep the Roebuck Bay Caravan Park duhhhh... so I find the signs and follow them then I spotted it!!!

"The Satay Hutt" WHAHOOOOOO!!!... I pulls up grab me wallet and shirt and step out of the landy... walking toward the gates I felt a lot of running stuff over me and looked down at me hands sweat was DRIPPING off me fingers faster than a runnin tap!!! :o MAN IT WAS SERIOUSLY HOT!!... well mostly humid but still hotter than I was used to

So in I go... nice pub this one... bar in the middle of a great area with a stage in one corner with a sexy blonde singing and some galah playin geetar... I scan the place lookin for sis and spotted her on the other side of the bar so I grab a beer from the dude behind the bar and snuck around till I was standing right behind her... the bloke she was serving gave me a weird look and kept on ordering... I quietly said "gidday kiddo" (my nickname for my baby sis which of course she hates which of course is why I use it every chance I get :2tsup: ) She screams jumps turns and gives me a huge hug laughing and yelling at the top of her head "SHANE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!! WOW!!!" :U

Anyway she didnt finish work for another hour and a half so she ordered me a fishermans basket and another beer and told me to wait... yep an hour and a half!!! MAN!!! I was already 1/4 cut from the Roey!! aahhh well Broome time eh? so I sucked down the beer got up and got anothery from the dude listened to the sexy blonde singing her heart out to me... nah she wasnt singing to anyone else just me :; well thats what I wanna believe so its what was!!

Kree finally knocked of 6 beers later... and what did she want to do? YEP!! Have a bloody beer.. or 10... and then she introed me to her friends... and what did they want to do? Have a bloody beer of 10 or 20 or god knows how many beers we had but brother than god the caravan park was less than a sparrows fart away cause theres no way in hell I coulda driven ANYWHERE!!!

to be suspiciously continued

Wild Dingo
6th April 2008, 08:44 PM
It continues...

Slept the night on the concrete pad of her annex... as one does when one cant stand or fart straight... woke up in sheer agony and not just from me throbbing head anyone else realize just how little give concrete has when one sleeps on it?... anyway... Kree gets up and we get a cuppa into us and she takes me for a wander around "her place" leading me achingly and slowly to her favorite spot... a sheltered seating area overlooking Roebuck bay... Right at sunrise...

That was it I was in heaven!!!

I think the mornings in Broome are far better than the evenings... and Roebuck Bay gives you the stairway at both times of day... STUNNING! :2tsup:

so a few days of checking out Broome Cable beach... did anyone mention Cable beach before? Goood greif!!! I mean NEKID BODIES EVERYFRIGGIN WHERE!!!... the eyesockets bled the tongue got sandrash and I ended up with whiplash... and it wasnt even tourist season!!! :o

Kree decided to take me out to Malcolm Douglas's croc farm out of town.. theres one on cable beach as well but that doesnt have the dingos and since I am a total dingo nut it had to be the out of town one... met Malcolm had a yarn with him he had a whinge about the cost of labor here compared to Indo and how he wants to get a whole bunch of Indos over and pay them a $1 a week get more work out of them than any of the Aussies hes got working for him... man that blokes a whinger :roll: Anyway went on the tour which Kree ended up doing as the bloke who was doing it decided that she knew more than he did... she quit after the aligators and took me off to see the dingos... man I love these animals :2tsup:

So did a bit of posin out the front and we choofed off into town for a bit of tourist shopping stuff for the nippers back home... get that done and back to the caravan park as we unload the couple next door yell out "Oi were headin into the Roey for lunch you wanna come?" Kree embarrisingly mutters something about money I said no wukkers my shout sis at which point the bloke yells out "Come on Kree!!! Our shout and make sure yer bro comes too!!" we were off like a couple of bungarras on heat into the car and away we went...

Now the thing with Broome lunches at the Roey is that its done on Broome time... meaning what should have taken an hour tops took near on 4 friggin hours!! and many many beers.... sigh.... one would fast become a blithering drunk in Broome!!

So began the leadup to the end of my journey and stay in Broome... Monday night came around and it was time to pack and get ready for the long drive back to this place and all that was and is coming... seriously not a thing I was looking forward to... so I dithered wandered distracted and generally failed rightiously to achieve the said packing... till Kree got irritated with me efforts and stepped up to the plate with a "You really dont want to go do you Shane?" as she chucked my gear into the back... I shook me head and wandered off to the lookout... the bloke next door followed me down and plonked himself next to me after awhile he quietly said "dont go mate" that was it didnt even look at me just a quiet "dont go mate" I shook my head and said "have no choice mate gotta go sort it out down there" "nah you dont" said he "yeah mate theres the nippers and house an all that other shyte" "yeah well look Kree gave us the drum about all that Shane and well... you dont have to do anything you dont want to... your free now mate... its over time to move on and get your own life right"

Good god it was sooooooooooooooo utterly tempting!!... but no I had to return to what was to come... so 5am Tuesday morning I and Kree were sitting overlooking the bay as dawn broke in the east and finally it was time... a last kiss for my baby sis a wave a toot on the horn and I was off to the sounds of crying and "goodbye" "have a safe trip" and a mighty roar from the bloke next door "REMEMBER TO COME BACK IN DECEMBER!!!" he was getting married and offered an open invite for me and the kids to come up for it... shyte it was hard to drive away I can tell you

So down the road I went...

Continued shortly... pics at the end :;

Wild Dingo
6th April 2008, 09:16 PM
So I hot foot it out of Broome town swearing black and blue I would return... first stop... WALLAL!!

Then onward... thought again of doing the Marble bar run but the road was closed so kept rolling southward passing through Pt Headland Karratha Roeborne and down to Carnarvon... tried to contact with old acquaintences but couldnt find them... so thought stuff it Im off... out to the turn off mmmmm gassy junction? WHY NOT!!!

So off I went northward from Carnarvon to the turnoff for Gassy Junction... aahhhh dirt... man nothin like havin a 4x4 and miles and miles of dirt road in front of you... get to Gassy a few hours later to come face to face with a series of road blocks!! BLOODY RAIN!! all roads out of Gassy were closed to all traffic... buggarbumbastard... so off to the local shire offices to quiz em as to when they would open again "no idea" said the lovely old sheila in there "best head to the pub for a counter lunch while you wait for the works supervisor to get back he will come down and let you know if the road to Mullawah (spelling sucks at present Im afraid) is open... sigh... no wukkers its a dry argument anyways so I get me bum to the pub and meet the local publican and a contractor and the beer began to flow... and I do mean flow!!!... counter lunch came so much tucker I thought I would burst and the bar dog had a feast with the left overs... so there I was stuck at the Gassy Junction pub with a pair of demented dedicated drunks for company :; and the only choice was either to drive all the way back to Carnarvon or stay put and wait... I waited... and drank... and waited... and drank... and waited till finally this big fella in a white ute turns up "Hey yous mob Im lookin for... yeah you... look mate yer wanna head to Mullawah right? right well Ive opened the road so head down there when yer ready just go steady steady right? right now how about a bloody beer Gene yer friggin soak? Yer need anothery mate?" I dragged me droopin head back up of the bar "roash opensh?" "yeah mate its open heres a beer drink up!!" "nah shell be rish matsh" "DRINK BLOODY WELL UP YER FRIGGIN MONGREL BASTARD!" "aahh shyte buggar yer lot Im off before I friggin fall of!" Out the door I went into the car and half a mile down the track I pulled up and fell asleep... there I stayed till I woke and after many pots of caffine and a feed of Bacon eggs tommyattas and baked beans I took of again

Water? EVERYWHERE!! Mud? All over what was once the road but was not a slush pile... JOY!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I was in heaven time to try out the new ubeaut 4x4 in the real stuff!! :2tsup:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAA!!! up hill down dips through culverts across washaways she took em all in her ease... no flamin worries... until

Im cruisin along at around 70 clicks when I spot the "dip" sign so I pull back a bit down to 60 and as I went over I noticed there were not 1 but 2 sign posts on the other side... ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shyte!!!... the ground disappeared in a hell of rush then BAM It came back I hit the roof bounced off the seat hit the roof again holdin like grim death to the steering wheel as the prado roared through 3ft of water and mud on the causeway!!!... bloody hell... up the other side sideways bring her back she slides sideways again bring her back reach the top and she slides sideways again... this just aint cricket Shane somethings wrong... so I pull up get out have a wander around and wouldnt it rot yer socks but the passenger side rear tire is SHREDDED!!! :o

So there I am amid the heat mud flies snakes changin the tyre in the middle of the once was road... finally its done and Im off again... get to Murchison at about 9pm and decided thats it need a feed and a sleep before takling the next 200klicks of mud dirt and water... get into the roadhouse come caravan park ask the bloke for a feed of steak eggs chips salad and whatever else he could think of he responds "no can do mate no steak can do yer a bacon egg buggar though easy as" "shyte yer whatever mate make it two would yer you got a caravan I can hire for few hours kip and a shower?" "nah mate everythings booked up nothin available at all... well I could let yer have the old van if yer want $20 for the night if you want it" "Whatever mate I need sleep so whatever" "right 20 for the van 21 for the burgers bring yer car round the side an I'll show yer the van" well I near told him to shove it and would have if the blasted joe blakes werent so damnably friendly and thick on the ground... a friggin wreck with no power and a mattress that was worse than a dunny after rush hour... so off for a shower... bloody best thing about the damned place was that shower GLORIOUS!!! :2tsup:

Get myself up to the roadhouse for the burgers... "sit in there with the other bloke and I'll bring it in for yer mate" says the fella I ordered from so in I go and pull up a chair at the table repleat mind you with dirty dishes and left over STEAK!... says gidday to the bloke eating STEAK.... in comes me two burgers and Im into it like a rat up a drainpipe finished on and started on the second when the bloke who served me and told me there was no steak comes in with a plate of... STEAK!! and promptly sits down and eats it... so I was now officially phissed off and had a go at him "yeah well mate I gotta eat to yer know" "well fluck you sport Im a friggin payin customer if thats the last damned steak in this place I'll go friggin he!" Im ready to choke the bastard... when in comes on of the local contractors "Its in the oven Johnno" says the bastard Johnno smiles and goes into the oven comes out with a plate of... STEAK! "what only one peace mate?" "theres another in the fridge Johnno help yerself"... okay I have a bit of a temper from time to time it takes some getting me riled... I was now RILED... and let rip

So eventually I slept woke up showered and buggared off... Murchison is NOT on my list of places to go through again... EVER.

So I head down the track and finally get to Mullawah (yeah yeah spellings not me strong point Im over it :; ) and decide to head to Geraldton and head for home... have a cuppa at Bullsbrook message everyone that Im a few hours away and head home hoping someone had put some milk at least in the fridge for me return cuppa... get home... put the kettle on start unpacking kettle boils go to the fridge for the milk.. you guessed it nothing at all in the flamin fridge... I tell yer what if I wasnt so damned tired I would have just got back in the flamin car and headed back to friggin Broome and too hell with the lot of them!! MAN I WAS PHISSED!!!

So I got over it and found a beer in the esky... its all good I thought as I watched the sunset from the back yard

And so ended my journey to Broome... pics to follow... I will admit I was a tad busy for takin pics but got a few :doh:

echnidna
6th April 2008, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a great trip overall mate, glad yer had some fun

Cliff Rogers
6th April 2008, 10:27 PM
Where's the faq'n pit'churs? :?

Sleeping Dog
7th April 2008, 12:19 AM
Beauty Ding, you can't hold a good man back,eh?:2tsup:

wheelinround
7th April 2008, 07:54 AM
:2tsup: A good read about your round trip Shane now where's the flamin pics

I know its hard to hold a beer and camera at the same time :doh: :;

Not bad all that way and just one tyre gone

Wild Dingo
27th April 2008, 05:35 PM
Okay!! Im back!!!

Now some would call me troppo some would call me mental some would even call me a totally troppo mental case... but well it seemed the right thing to do at the time :doh:

Since writing my last post to this thread... all hell broke loose around here with anger bad tempers and lots of angst and bad feelings going everywhere... Aarons packed and left in a right royal huff with his fiance no idea where theyve gone dont really give a rats at present Jo threw the titanic of hissyfits mainly aimed at me but covering everyone in the family in the gale that followed.. I lost the plot something radical... grabbed up young Brie got young Josh of her and packed a few things into the car along with engel swags and some tucker and took to the road... AGAIN...

Ended up 2 and a half days later driving into

BROOME

AGAIN!!!

Soooo given that Ive only had the damned car 5 weeks and given that Ive now done over 15000K in those 5 weeks and given that Ive now gone to and from Broome twice in a month... you can see why some gits would call me names eh!:doh: :C

But I will admit having the 2 nippers with me this time made for a much much more enjoyable trip... kids didnt want to return!!... since getting home last night both have been scouring the net looking for houses so we can move up there... PERMANENTLY!!

And I tell you what... its looking like a damned fine idea I can tell you!... but I have a few things to do over the coming week to get some idea where I stand in all this crap and crud of 25 years coming to an end and once thats sorted to the best it can be Im putting this shytehole on the market floggin of everything surplus and leaving the rest in the hands of those best able to deal with it and move on

Its time I moved past whats happened and began to live again... to smile be happy laugh love and enjoy life again... so over the next few short months I am expecting many changes to occur around here

NOW!!

I will try to get online again tonight and post some long awaited pics!!

wheelinround
27th April 2008, 06:15 PM
:o you what

did it all again with the kids :2tsup:

as for the rest Shane what will be will be

life throws things at you to see how it bounces just keep hitting 6's and scoring runs.

great photo's by the way obviously kids took them :D

ernknot
27th April 2008, 07:29 PM
Good on you Shane. You only have one life. Sort it out and move on and enjoy what you have left.

Cliff Rogers
27th April 2008, 10:27 PM
... you can see why some gits would call me names eh!.....
:D :D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

At least ya had a smile on ya dial at one stange. :2tsup:

Wild Dingo
27th April 2008, 10:50 PM
Cliff mate... from the moment we passed through Dongara the smile didnt leave me mug!!... WARM!!! then past Carnarvon WARMER!! up past Port Headland GETTING HOT!! out past Wallal and Sandfire DEFINANTLY HOTT!! and Broome bloody perfectly HOT!!... wonderous!!

Stayed that way till we got down to Dongara on the way back where the rain started drizzlin down and the cold set in... got home to phissin rain an freezin weather I MEAN WHO WANTS TO LIVE HERE???? give me warm to HOT any and every day rather than this cruddy weather

You know they reckon that the "stairway to the moon" in Broome at sunset off Cable Beach is pretty snifty... but me I reckon those pics of the stairway to the sun of Roebuck Bay is WAY WAY BEDDERAH!!! :2tsup:

Ern mate thats what I intend... I found that what Id come to believe about myself over the last few years is totally wrong and there is an excellent chance of a good happy love and laughter filled life out there without her... sad but true that she had already left me before she actually left and to continue this farce is simply to inflict more hurt than is necessary so its now a matter of deciding which way is the cleanest way to end it then to move on... time and tide wait for no man and you dont leave a marriage walk out the door and make the one left behind sit and wait till you decide if you want a marriage or not want your husband or not... its over its done time to sort it and live again enough holding my breath and hoping something will change... the only thing I can change is me so I will change what needs to be changed (in my view) and move forward without her.

Wheelin... as you say what will be will be... nothin can be done except to move on... and yeah the kids took the pics... mostly

Yep great place and some great pics were taken terrific time was had and by god we will definantly be doing it all over again!!! SOON!!! :2tsup:

tea lady
28th April 2008, 12:23 AM
Hi Ding! Good to see you are still keeping on. Broom hey? Winter is starting here in Melbourne..... I hate winter. Dream of the tropics. :sigh

Waldo
28th April 2008, 12:48 AM
G'day Dingo,

Been reading over your travels, what a beaut read - except the callimwhatyouwill with the steak :(( :boxing:

On other things I can't comment because I haven't been there, my sister has, but each story is different to the other.

:2tsup: for the way you're looking at life ahead of you mate.

Wild Dingo
28th April 2008, 08:02 PM
Before the make over
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Wild_Dingo/DSCF4091.jpg

Rabbit the MC at the crab races
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Wild_Dingo/DSCF4182.jpg

The what to me was the insipid sunset on cable beach
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Wild_Dingo/DSCF4255.jpg

KAPOW!!! SunRISE over Roebuck Bay!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Wild_Dingo/DSCF4278.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Wild_Dingo/DSCF4280.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Wild_Dingo/DSCF4279.jpg

Howsemapples??!!! WHAT A BLOODY BOTTLER OF A PLACE!!! :2tsup:

Calm
28th April 2008, 08:19 PM
Shane that is some place to be.

Who's the young bloke (driving) that keeps popping up in the photos. Those kids are great photographers and lucky to have someone who thinks so much of them.

As for the s&^% been there and likwise it started a couple of years before the end. Its been nearly 10 years now with 4 girls at school at the time, the youngest now 17 and all working, i look back and realise it wasnt easy but how much better it is now than the last couple of years before the split.

As i said before keep your chin up, the good freinds are there for you and it gets easier with time. Money cant buy these things.

Kids like that and places with that sort of sunrise/set look like gods country. GOOD LUCK and GOOD HEALTH

Wild Dingo
29th April 2008, 07:27 PM
Gidday David
Yeah its one hell of a place... and by gawd Im going back!!... just not sure when that will be but definantly within the next 6 months...

The young bloke driving?... well an old tired worn out unloved and tattered wreck went up there with the kids and somehow a younger more vibrant happy and loved fella drove them back :o ...thank god for that!! :2tsup: Man I was sick and tired of that old bastards whinin and moanin I can tell you! :~ bloody silly old git! :doh:

Ive not yet given up on our relationship... damned too bloody right I havent!!... Im presently working through a book my younger sis gave me up there by that dipstick Dr Phil... you know that Texan idiot on Oprahs show? anyway Ive always considered him a total jerkoff but I tell you what mate the difference between his tv persona and his books is bloody amazing!... hell you dont even hear that maddening Texan accent!! :U

Its called "relationship rescue"... seriously Im not one to go in for these self help guru so called experts books... Ive read a couple over the years and mate to me theyre a bunch of complete crap... but this one? this one is in your face draws out YOUR problems and then tells you to forget what you think are the problems with your partner or what you blame them for cause you have a mass of work to do on you!...

Im about halfway through now... and Ive learnt more about me and my attitudes thoughts actions words than I ever thought possible... Ive learnt what a bastard I was how insensitive I was how uncaring I was... and that was just ME!!... and toward the one person in this world I loved and adored!! WHAT A DIPSTICK!!!... so Ive now stopped worrying about Jo and what I considered where her problems and the changes she should make and how shes to blame for this situation and Ive started working on sorting me out... learning about me aknowledging my faults and what Ive done and not done the choices Ive made that created this situation is more than enough to handle at the moment and as I go along Im starting to forgive myself for all that stuff... and you know something? arriving at her place after inviting myself to lunch with her Bethany and little Lukas with a new attitude and more in control of me than Ive been in a long while and the difference was increadible... forgiving myself has been liberating in a way because I no longer hold any emotional baggage or angst... forgiving her is even more liberating because I dont blame her anymore.

Im at peace with whats happened... because I cant change it... Im at peace with her choices because I cant change them... and as I go along Im becoming at peace with me because I am changing the things in me that NEED to be changed.

Great book!!!... seriously!!... and in our situation of nearing the end and in a hell of a mess in our relationship and needing help to sort it out but not being able to do so... ABSOLUTELY AND DEFINANTLY worth reading and having a go at.

I dont know if she will even read the copy I got and gave her today... I hope she does... but if not I cant force her thats a choice she makes and thats okay... if she does and over time can see me changing for the better perhaps theres still a chance for us and a new begining... who knows but the way its been we needed some help and werent getting it anywhere so the only place we were looking at ending up was the divorce courts and all that that involves... so this is something that could just help so worth the price of a book eh!

Cheers!

wheelinround
30th April 2008, 06:36 PM
Shane they are some photo's

Sunrise in the West I ways always told sunrises in the East :D

Life has cycles Shane

Yet another Yank to your rescue in Dr Phil
Now I guess you have an old Station fellow who taught you to read to thank yet again.:2tsup: