PDA

View Full Version : Dart-board cabinet in 2 days....

kekemo
26th March 2008, 01:05 AM
OK....tight schedule this week....need this done by Thursday night....leaving for Perth Friday morning....this will be a test....have frame put together & one door....will inlay white board for scoring/not sure if I should use black board instead....will look at Bunnings tomorrow
.....couldn't go anyfurther tonight ran out of busciuts again....been exhausted since weekend....need to escape for rest.

:doh:

Using foam for the dart-softening/buffer works really well....little difficult trying to work out how to mount cabinet on wall....as its at my sons house I will just have to take up some tools & do final fixtures up there...
Not many ladies posting pictures of their work...yep I know we're all too bloody busy just trying to find the time...yep, me too!!!
Keep well...stay safe...cheers Kerry...alias KEKEMO:2tsup:

Pheonix
26th March 2008, 09:45 AM
Slow down woman you'll be heart attack material!!:rolleyes:

Tankstand
26th March 2008, 11:00 AM
Kerry, re the mounting.

When I mounted mine, I screwed it to the wall roughly in each corner, through the backing board and then I fitted in a sheet of caneite which had a hole in the middle to straddle the board mounting bracket. Dont forget to mount the middle of your cabinet roughly 5'8" from the floor. (I then screwed in the mounting bracket accurately afterwards)

HappyHammer
26th March 2008, 11:06 AM
As well as mounting it at the right height you'll need at least 7' 6" from the face of the board to the throwing line or hocky. You'll obviously need room beyond that to stand. For the chalk board just buy a can of chalk board paint and spray the inside of the doors, chalk is better than whiteboard IMHO. Good Luck.

HH.

fenderbelly
26th March 2008, 02:33 PM
Being an ex dart player i've got to agree with HH on the chalk board.
i think the height to the centre of the bulls eye is 5 foot 8 inches,check that tho.

Cheers Fred

Scally
26th March 2008, 10:14 PM
Good luck with the tight timetable.

I used French cleats to mount mine on the wall.

If this suits your sons wall, you can screw one half of the cleat to the back of the dartboard cabinet.

Then screw the mating cleat to your sons wall when you get there - just 4 screws.

The pics might help.

kekemo
26th March 2008, 11:37 PM
Well not bad for a day's work.... and that wasn't all I did today....window cleaning...running daughter to work/school(Deputy going on school camp...didn't want to leave car) so then son turned up..need running around....then my friends child needed picking up....well...I should have had this finished...BUT...my life is full just doing what others need of me....I not only love it...I need it!

But... feel I did really well...tomorrow I put the hinges on....wont actually put the foam in until I get to sons...as I need to know the exact position he needs it to be....
going to put beading edge over white-board inlays....so they can be taken out if necessary....

Using the router to make the rebated edge is so great....it's amazing how stupid one can be....every other time I have rebated I have then used the chizel to make the corners exact & square...today I just rounded the inlay ...oh so much easier....LOL
Used a gorgeous material on reverse side of inlays....hoping it will match nicely with the new outdoor setting....also have to put a magnetic lock on it...

Thank you all so much for your comments...the height stuff & measurements are great to know....son can decide how he wants it mounted....as its his brick wall....but I am going to suggest Talon...blue screws they are majic....that's what I use all the time so .... I will take some up...but his wall...his call....sometimes its hard tell 33 year old son...mother knows best....LOL...but...LOL...he will learn(the hard way...LOL)

Anyway now I only have to finish off Vicky's unit and I will be on target for this month....don't know if I can make 4 doors tomorrow....we'll see!
Cheer everyone....keep safe & stay well.....KEKEMO

BobR
27th March 2008, 09:25 AM
Looking good.

artme
27th March 2008, 07:47 PM
Hell, it takes me two days to think about thinking I might do something!:D:D:D

Great looking piece of work!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: