PDA

View Full Version : Carving classes

Neville
7th June 2000, 12:49 PM
Hi folks
I'm looking for beginner's carving classes in the outer Esatern suburbs of melb - any ideas, thoughts.
Thanks
Neville

ubeaut
8th June 2000, 01:12 AM
G'day Neville

Try Doncaster Carvers (http://www.ubeaut.com.au/centralw.htm) I am pretty sure that they run classed.

Cheers
Neil

Charles Castle
8th June 2000, 08:59 PM
Dear Neville,
I go to Doncaster Carvers carving classes. They are a great bunch of people. There are four carving groups, each with an experienced carver running them. The day carving classes, each separate, are on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Friday mornings of each month from about 9.30 am until 12.00 noon. I go to two of those. There is another on one Thursday evening a month, which I have been to once. You can get contact numbers from the website Neil gave you.
Coles School of Woodcraft at Fairfield has carving classes from time to time, including weekends.
There is one carver attached to Holmesglen TAFE who does classes, but I don't have his name.
John Kelly used to do beginners groups once a month at South Morang. You can find his number in the phone book as John Kelly woodcarver, including in the yellow pages.
However, you could not do any better than to arrange with Neil to go to Newstead and spend some time with him. He does one on one training for carvers of all standards. I have learnt a very great deal from him.
Hope all this helps. Welcome and I hope to meet you some time.
Charles Castle