PDA

View Full Version : carriages?

Steve Fryar
29th March 2008, 08:24 AM
I loved DS's mill design but alas I have always had lower back problems.I see pain with this method.Could it be set up with a rail system utilising a winch to pull the saw through the wood?Has anyone seen a homemade carriage system?I'll be using a MS880 with a 60" bar until I can afford a big Lucas.I've taken on work while off work to afford this...eventually.

Steve Fryar
29th March 2008, 09:28 PM
Figured it out.

matildasmate
29th March 2008, 10:48 PM
I loved DS's mill design but alas I have always had lower back problems.I see pain with this method.Could it be set up with a rail system utilising a winch to pull the saw through the wood?Has anyone seen a homemade carriage system?I'll be using a MS880 with a 60" bar until I can afford a big Lucas.I've taken on work while off work to afford this...eventually.
Hi Steve Here's some photo's of the Procut and some of Dustytools version off of the Arboristsite , they are the only photo's of his I have , not real good photo's , but worth looking at , it is an exellent design , no lifting the log on to the bed , it's at ground level , no bending down with the saw , the saw is mounted so it is lifted using all thread , just walk and push , of corse it has a remote throttle , his design is so simple but effective , I have a Logosol type mill , Logosol type mill's are just a pain , way too many hassle's with them , the procut type mill is the way to go if your after a rail type mill . Cheer's MM

Steve Fryar
30th March 2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks mate.I saw that on the site.That is similar to what I will knock up.

Sigidi
31st March 2008, 09:20 PM
Always a pleasure to be of help Steve:)

Post pics when you get it done

Steve Fryar
1st April 2008, 03:39 PM
Now I'm wondering,what about an overhead carriage.You would only have to get each end square with the log.The winch setup will still work.All I have to do is find time to make it.I do waterwell drilling when I am back from work,and that, at the moment is never ending.Time to think ones priorities I reckon.

Arthur Dyason
12th April 2008, 12:11 PM
Steve

You should look at the EcoSaw Chainsaw Monorail.

very lightweight, takes any chainsaw upto 60" bar and can be upgraded to petrol or hydraulic power head when your tied of using a chainsaw power head.

The hydraulic version also pulls the milling head through the log.

arthur