PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Blade for Compound Saw- LS 1214

Dannopower
31st March 2008, 02:24 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering, Im looking for a replacement blade for my LS 1214 compound saw, and was wondering a few things.

I have asked Freud and Leitz if they have anything to suit and am waiting to hear back from them. I was after something a little better in quality and also with a little more tungsten on it than the STD Makita blade, so i can get a few more sharpens out of it.

I have looked at the aussie made carbitool blades, but compared to the leitz blades im used to on my table saws they look pretty ordinary, and the tungsten is about as thick as the STD makita blade anyway.

Is there any problem fitting a 300mm instead of 305mm diameter blade?

Im presuming it must have a negitive tooth rake?

Is it ok to use a 30mm bore with a 25.4mm reduction bush?

Cheers!

Carry Pine
31st March 2008, 08:07 PM
dannopower,

Suggest you get hold of the Freud pro catalogue (even an older one would do) or download it off the net. Blades are a bit pricey but hopefully will outlast the blue Mak. Sizes are 300 dia.

VEK tools in Sydney have been good for me. Also keep a lookout on buy, sell and swap.

Carry Pine

Dannopower
4th April 2008, 01:49 PM
dannopower,

Suggest you get hold of the Freud pro catalogue (even an older one would do) or download it off the net. Blades are a bit pricey but hopefully will outlast the blue Mak. Sizes are 300 dia.

VEK tools in Sydney have been good for me. Also keep a lookout on buy, sell and swap.

Carry Pine

Got a good one from Freud, 72 teeth 300 dia. cost me $25 bucks less than the price i was quoted for the carbitool one, so i bought a 90 tooth alloy blade as well!