PDA

View Full Version : Black and Decker Jig???

haggismuncher
3rd April 2008, 10:42 AM
I have "inherited" a woodwork class.
The kids are very enthuiastic but want instant results (who doesn't these days). We're having great fun turning al sorts of wood, from Radiata to Huon Pine into piles of sawdust.:doh:

Anyway, rummaging in the back of the cupbard I found a B&D dovetail jig.
Would anyone happen to have any instructions for this?:?

Thanks

Chris

NCArcher
3rd April 2008, 02:29 PM
If it's one of the generic jigs this might do the job

http://www.grizzlyimports.com/images/manuals/h0983_m.pdf

(Posted by The Bleeder in another thread)
If it's not post a pic so we have an idea.

The Bleeder
3rd April 2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks NC.I was having trouble finding the link again. (go a new laptop and not everything works like it used to ......bloody Vista ?????)If it's not the one there are some other that I found. I'll try and post the links to them once Vista recognises my nasty attitude.Steve

haggismuncher
4th April 2008, 10:48 AM
If it's one of the generic jigs this might do the job

http://www.grizzlyimports.com/images/manuals/h0983_m.pdf

(Posted by The Bleeder in another thread)
If it's not post a pic so we have an idea.

Thanks for that.
I'll have to investigate further.

Chris

fletty
4th April 2008, 11:54 AM
Haggismuncher, I still have my B&D dovetail jig in and I think the instructions are still tucked in between it and its mounting board. If the mice and/or silverfish haven't eaten it I will scan over the weekend and send.
Fletty

fletty
6th April 2008, 06:10 PM
Haggismuncher, I found the (nearly 40 year old) instructions and, through the miracles of insect spray and magic tape, I have attempted to scan them for you. If they are illegible, send me a PM and I'll post the originals,
Fletty

haggismuncher
7th April 2008, 12:57 PM
Haggismuncher, I found the (nearly 40 year old) instructions and, through the miracles of insect spray and magic tape, I have attempted to scan them for you. If they are illegible, send me a PM and I'll post the originals,
Fletty

Thanks for that Fletty,:D
I had a bit of a play with the jig yesterday (before i read your post) using my trusty GMC router which was "an experience" not knowing which size of bit to use and how to set it up was not helped by me using some extremely hard hard wood.:doh:

It looks like I may be able to set it up in the work shop so the kids can turn out hidden dovetail boxes. I am at the stage of pulling my hair out trying to get them to measure before they cut, and if they measure then to pay some attention to the mark. :no:

Oh to be a teenager and so impatient!

Chris

mat
7th April 2008, 02:13 PM
Chris

Not sure whether teenagers and routers are a good mix. They are pretty dangerous in the hands of "absent minded" people.

haggismuncher
7th April 2008, 03:11 PM
The kids were using the bandsaw before I took over.......
As for the grade 7 who was going to stop the jointer with his fingers because he didn't realise it had blades and you get the idea of the hill I have to climb.
First there was a door (with lock) put back on the machinery room then a big lock on anything sharp, the older kids complain it is not as much fun but I just point out I am not here to get sued!

It is a case of little knowledge being a dangerous thing.
Many have used Dad's machinery at home but have learned some really dangerous habits. Safety gear is nasty surprise, "Why would we wear that?"
(Not to mention the table saw blade with the arbor spacer weilded in place,by a kid, and heat distortion spots all over it).

AlBDarned
21st February 2012, 08:57 AM
A bit late to the party but I needed these instructions as well, so thanks!!!:U

fletty
21st February 2012, 12:55 PM
It's my pleasure to help out our Northern friends. I hope your weather is being kind to you!

fletty

AlBDarned
22nd February 2012, 02:28 PM
Aye, mild as can be for winter around Toronto this year ... hardly any snow to speak of:no:

Thanks again!