PDA

View Full Version : Bet this is fun to drive

Phil Spencer
3rd April 2008, 03:40 PM
Spotted this old Bentley out side one of my customers in Bairnsdale. It is owned by an old cocky note the location of the handbrake and gear shift, also the strategic location of the Esky. Bet it is a handful to drive.

wheelinround
3rd April 2008, 03:52 PM
Nice find now where's Gra makes his look like a gem leather could do with a re-fit

Not that hard to drive having riven a 1912 English Star and Delauney of similar vintage :D

the thing to remember is that they are all mechanical breaks meaning leg power to stop all crash boxes no syncro and crack start good fun on a winters morn :D

Phil Spencer
3rd April 2008, 03:55 PM
Nice find now where's Gra makes his look like a gem leather could do with a re-fit

Not that hard to drive having riven a 1912 English Star and Delauney of similar vintage :D

the thing to remember is that they are all mechanical breaks meaning leg power to stop all crash boxes no syncro and crack start good fun on a winters morn :D

It was in having the starter motor fixed, wonder how much it is worth. Think he has had it since new.

ernknot
22nd April 2008, 06:22 PM
Don't you just love the elegance of these vehicles?

Gra
22nd April 2008, 06:28 PM
bloody modern replicars:U:U:U

its not an original, its a special, looks like a Mk6 (The first factory bodied Bentley), would be of about the 50's, the body is a later addition

Phil Spencer
22nd April 2008, 06:44 PM
Don't you just love the elegance of these vehicles?

bloody modern replicars:U:U:U

its not an original, its a special, looks like a Mk6 (The first factory bodied Bentley), would be of about the 50's, the body is a later addition

See where he keeps his Esky:2tsup:

Incoming!
22nd April 2008, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure where the Esky is. Is it the box thingy hanging out the side of the driver's door? Great location if it is.

Phil Spencer
23rd April 2008, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure where the Esky is. Is it the box thingy hanging out the side of the driver's door? Great location if it is.

Yep he just has to reach out to get a cool can of cordial, and rest his arm on it whilst driving