PDA

View Full Version : First 2 Small Projects Sold On Ebay

NOISY ONE
3rd April 2008, 08:33 PM
Well, im quite happy with myself as I have just sold my first 2 small projects on Ebay, my partner is happy aswell as I made a small profit to help pay for the stuff I have bought to make the stuff ive sold.. I have now been told, get out in that shed and make and sell more, problem is Im very time poor, so have come to an agreement with her that I can spend 1 day solely on Woodwork... Yeh.
Today I just bought a Makita 82mm 1100 Electric Planer off an old bloke with buggered wrists, in great condition other than a busted height adjustment knob.. Does anyone have comments on this Style planer, for $100 bucks with the original attachments, whetstone, sharpening guide and planer guide. I think I did pretty good..:) Does anyone have a spare one of those knobs I could buy?????????:D

weisyboy
3rd April 2008, 08:36 PM
i got the same one.

verry good planner althow it is hard to get the blades set level.

i use mine for leveling wide slabs before the belt sander.:2tsup:

woodie2
3rd April 2008, 09:36 PM
Good on you Noisy One. It's always good to be able to create something then sell it on to other people. Hopefully 1 day a week in the shed allows you some time to do something for yourself as well as make things to sell. Good luck with the planner, sounds like you got a good buy

Mike

watson
3rd April 2008, 09:46 PM
Good stuff that you've had some sales.
I've got one of those planers that I've got plans to turn upside down and make a small jointer, but the last time I mentioned this here I got a dozen "don't do it" replies.
I'll check the model number in the morning, as with the proposed modification the knob will be replaced.

NOISY ONE
3rd April 2008, 11:28 PM
Hi, yeh i saw in the very good condition but very old looking manual that there was actually a accessory to turn it into a small jointer. Im only young but its great to see that someone has looked after something so well, just as I do, which also makes it a great buy as I know it will last a whole lot years more..