PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw and Lathe

oldstray
5th April 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi

I have a bandsaw, it has WMS Tekny on the side Band size approx 2410 mm,
It had a 1H/p motor, I also have a Lathe which is an Electra HMD 1000.with asorted tools and chucks.
I would like to know roughly how much to ask for them as I wish to sell them. They belonged to my father. both are in good woking order.

cheers

oldstray

orraloon
5th April 2008, 02:14 PM
Oldstray,
It is always hard to tell with old machines if you cant see them to judge the condition. I dont know anything about the saw but the lathe would be at least $300 on it's own. As for chucks and tools depends what they are and could be worth more than the lathe. A few pictures would help and then the collected wisdom of this site could get you a good ballpark figure. Ebay is an option and sometimes things go for more than they are worth.

Good luck with the sale
John

hughie
5th April 2008, 02:39 PM
Oldstray,

If you can post a a pic or two of all the gear you want to sell and I am sure will a good valuation.

oldstray
6th April 2008, 09:12 PM
I amk trying to up load pics but this site asks for a URL to upload from

funkychicken
6th April 2008, 09:18 PM
I amk trying to up load pics but this site asks for a URL to upload from

If you shrink the pics to below 100k then click on the attach icon (a paperclip) in a new post and you can upload them from your computer

oldstray
7th April 2008, 06:45 AM
ok tyvm i wil try it

oldstray
7th April 2008, 07:35 AM
here are the pics of bandsaw and lathe

orraloon
7th April 2008, 11:59 AM
Oldstray,
The pics tell the story so much better. The lathe looks to be a good bit of kit. As to price it depends who wants it and what they are prepared to pay. It would be reasonable to put it on ebay with the chuck and tools and ask $500 as starting price. Perhaps a bit more. That will give you an idea of the market. The bandsaw in the $150--$200 bracket.
Another way is an ad in the local paper or the trading post.

Regards
John

funkychicken
7th April 2008, 10:16 PM
If the bandsaw's a 14" then it's probably it'll be worth $300 or so

oldstray
9th April 2008, 07:13 PM
tyvm for your help everyone