PDA

View Full Version : Daylight savings

RETIRED
5th April 2008, 08:42 PM
Daylight savings on the East coast finishes tonight. Put your clocks BACK 1 hour.

journeyman Mick
5th April 2008, 11:50 PM
Only for the silly southerners!:D Put your clock back one hour if you are in one of the south-eastern states.:doh:

Mick

underfoot
6th April 2008, 06:49 AM
Only for the silly southerners!:D Put your clock back one hour if you are in one of the south-eastern states.:doh:

Mick

If you are in QLD please put your clocks back to 1973, :q

Pat
6th April 2008, 06:53 AM
And for those in FNQ, 1953:U

munruben
6th April 2008, 08:39 AM
If you are in QLD please put your clocks back to 1973, :q:D:D

wheelinround
6th April 2008, 09:40 AM
Unlike http://www.smh.com.au/ who can't get it right top left corner time has been changed 3 time already this morning and its still wrong

Incoming!
6th April 2008, 12:03 PM
If you are in QLD please put your clocks back to 1973, :q

1973. Not a bad year. No AIDS, no HIV. Ordinary homegrown ideological terrorism where the terrs wanted a lot of people watching as opposed to a lot of people dead.

We were still winning a lot of tennis.

No one day cricket.

Very little soccer in Australia

We still wrote letters to each other.

No genetically modified food.

You could open up a bank account without ID

McDonald's burgers were regarded as crap and not likely to get a foothold against the great Aussie burger.

Yeah - wind me back.

doublejay
6th April 2008, 12:59 PM
Unlike http://www.smh.com.au/ who can't get it right top left corner time has been changed 3 time already this morning and its still wrong

I think you'll find that the SMH site actually derives the time from your PC. If you change the system time and then refresh the SMH page you'll see the new time come up on the site.

rrich
6th April 2008, 01:10 PM
We just went onto fast time last month. Now rather than all this foolishness of the semi-annual time adjustment, why don't we leave our clocks on fast time? We all like the extra light in the afternoon and evening so???????

Gingermick
6th April 2008, 01:16 PM
Not those of us who live in areas where the sun is already around for too long and is too hot, even in the dry and not-so-hot season.

Cruzi
6th April 2008, 01:28 PM
Not those of us who live in areas where the sun is already around for too long and is too hot, even in the dry and not-so-hot season.

Yeah, that extra hour of daylight fades the curtains and puts cows off milk production. :~

Was in Toowomba during last big DST debate and fairdinkum, DST was the root cause of all evil in world if you believed the anti-argument.

Anywhere west of Roma has a real point, sun does not set until 9pm way out western Qld, but lets get real, about 4 ppl live there and they don't know what a clock is, they work to the sun anyway.

DST means we get 10 TV channels instead of the usual 5, NSW Channels and Qld Channels running an hour later :-).

Gingermick
6th April 2008, 02:17 PM
DST here would mean that when we get home from work, the sun would be 1 hour higher in the sky meaning we have an extra hour of being outside our air conditioned office. And of course in the morning there would still be comfortable sleep time available that would not be being utilised for sleep, but getting ready to go to work. Then of course you have a subtle adjustment to your circadian rhythm and dont even get to make use of that usual morning sleep in relative comfort on weekends that we were used to.
And oddly enough the faded curtain thing has some validity, vis, if you are home from work with the sun 1 hour higher, you draw your curtains with the sun 1 hour higher than pre dst. Unless of course they are drawn all the time.
So my advice to you is, if you want daylight saving time, get to work and hour earlier leave an hour earlier. (cept you were in the tweed and thus have it:-)

Waldo
8th April 2008, 12:25 AM
I put it back early by one night and turned up to what was a decent garage sale, but everything I wanted my grubby hands on was sold before I got there. :doh:

Wasn't the only dope who stuffed up, another bloke was waiting in his car for 5 minutes before going in on the dot of 8:00. :pointlaugh:

What machinery there was 3 phase so no loss, but I missed out on the hand tools.