PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Gold Coast for the weekend...

MajorPanic
6th April 2008, 08:23 PM
Had a weekend at the Marriott in Surfers Paradise.
The weather was REALLY crappy but I took a few night shots from our 25th level room looking north.

Here is a 6 shot panorama stitched together with PTGui. Exposure was 8sec@ f/11 with the zoom set at 20mm.

Click on the small pic to see the full size image (1.7MB file)

http://www.majorpanic.com/images/woodwork/BB/GoldCoastPano_1_thb.jpg (http://www.majorpanic.com/images/woodwork/BB/GoldCoastPano_1-2.jpg)

bitingmidge
6th April 2008, 08:47 PM
That's it?

You went away for a weekend and came back with only one shot?? :?:?

Top shot though!

I can see it all now "yeah, I'll be in in a minute dear, just another 20 minutes on this exposure!" :D

P
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

MajorPanic
6th April 2008, 09:25 PM
Breather between rounds more like............. :wink:

You give up panos & I'll deep 6 your D80, go on get out there!

fenderbelly
6th April 2008, 10:00 PM
Good pic MP :2tsup:for all i could only look at the small one, 1.7MBs takes forever on dialup.:C

dai sensei
7th April 2008, 10:00 PM
Top shot Major :2tsup: Great looking stitch up to

You were right about the weather, I've been for one swim this year :~

RufflyRustic
8th April 2008, 10:05 AM
Stitchup? What stitchup!!!!!

that is one heck of a great scene!! So crystal clear!

cheers
Wendy

woodbe
8th April 2008, 01:49 PM
Great shot!

What a rabbit warren. People actually go there for holidays? Amazing.

woodbe.

munruben
8th April 2008, 02:40 PM
Great shot MP Not bad at the Marriott is it? Did you get to have a swim with the fish or was the weather too cold?

wheelinround
8th April 2008, 04:34 PM
Went away from Brissy Sth to Gold Coast isn't that like camping in your own back yard

Great photo MP :2tsup:

munruben
8th April 2008, 04:52 PM
Went away from Brissy Sth to Gold Coast isn't that like camping in your own back yard

Great photo MP :2tsup:The Marriott is a real break on its own, great place. You can swim with the fish and they have little motorised things that pull you along its great. You can see the fish up real close and go deep down if you want but I stayed up near the surface. Don't like all that water above me. :)

wheelinround
8th April 2008, 05:42 PM
The Marriott is a real break on its own, great place. You can swim with the fish and they have little motorised things that pull you along its great. You can see the fish up real close and go deep down if you want but I stayed up near the surface. Don't like all that water above me. :)

Yeh Marriott certainly would break me $$$$$$

Oh the comments come rushing in :rolleyes: but I won't

Swim with the fish you do know what fish do in water :oo: and we teach children not to play in toilets :D

clubbyr8
10th April 2008, 07:11 AM
Great shot(s) Major. What's PTGui like to use?

MajorPanic
24th April 2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks all for looking :)

clubbyr8,

PTGui is easy to use in wizard mode & then you have all the options in advanced mode, dead set, it's just a great bit of software. It will also do HDR panoramas as well. :2tsup: