PDA

View Full Version : CNC Machining Centre / Router / PTP Boring

Woodmax
6th April 2008, 08:40 PM
Goodday!
I'm confused with the CNC machining centre / CNC router / Point-to-Point boring machine. Can anyone tell me the differences of them? I know that CNC router is good at nested based manufacturing. How about the others?
TIA.:D
Woodmax

CabinetSurfer
20th June 2008, 10:41 PM
Gday mate,

CNC Nester ( Flatbed ) nests the parts on the table from a sheet ( Varying sizes depending on your budget)

P2P does routes and boring using pod type holders but some can be modified to nest as well

CNC is the technology used to communicate your geometry to your machine to tell it what tools to use when and where on your board or wood

go to a BIesse , Multicam, Homaq website they have all the info

niall
20th June 2008, 11:53 PM
Goodday!
I'm confused with the CNC machining centre / CNC router / Point-to-Point boring machine. Can anyone tell me the differences of them? I know that CNC router is good at nested based manufacturing. How about the others?
TIA.:D
Woodmax

It all so depends on your software some nest far better than others,It may depend on the price you pay for software.. Some will cost $30.000 to
$100.000 and some will be cheaper if you buy the machinery and software together.... I work for one of them..