PDA

View Full Version : Sydney show

Pages : [1] 2

Zarguld
8th April 2008, 03:27 PM
Only 66 days till the sydney show and it cannot come soon enough,:aussie5:start saving.

ss_11000
8th April 2008, 03:52 PM
9 weeks .... plenty of time to save:D

jmk89
8th April 2008, 03:54 PM
Just wondering if Neil was able to respond to this question: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=69351

Wongo
8th April 2008, 04:53 PM
Enter the competition and you will get free tickets. :D

jmk89
8th April 2008, 05:15 PM
It will take a while before I can make a rocker. Let alone one as good as yours, Scott.
All I'm good for is telling people with talent to get on with the job!!!!

So it's going to be a while before I get free tickets!!!

Pat
8th April 2008, 08:11 PM
Free tickets, discounted tickets are very well appreciated, but I'll be there rain (last year) hail or shine, even if I have to pay the full freight like every other punter.

First stop the Ubeaut stand for a chat with Neil and Pauline. :)

Also to meet you forum dwellers.

ss_11000
8th April 2008, 08:14 PM
if there is a forum stand it would be good!!!!

Howdya do that
8th April 2008, 09:17 PM
Are you entering your pen collection Wongo?

I_wanna_Shed
8th April 2008, 10:41 PM
Free tickets, discounted tickets are very well appreciated, but I'll be there rain (last year) hail or shine, even if I have to pay the full freight like every other punter.

First stop the Ubeaut stand for a chat with Neil and Pauline. :)

Also to meet you forum dwellers.

I thought Neil and Pauline stopped doing the shows??? (I thought I read this on the forum, but I hope I'm wrong - its when I stock up!).

wheelinround
9th April 2008, 08:38 PM
:2tsup: 9 weeks to prepare

Milar
9th April 2008, 09:05 PM
This will be my first show. I keep hearing about them and am looking forward to it for sure.

Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect, sounds like a bit of a bargain hunt - I'm looking out for a few new items so might hang on. How are the demos etc?

ss_11000
9th April 2008, 09:17 PM
This will be my first show. I keep hearing about them and am looking forward to it for sure.

Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect, sounds like a bit of a bargain hunt - I'm looking out for a few new items so might hang on. How are the demos etc?
bargains do come up but the big guys like carbatec only have 10% give or take off their prices.

demos are good IMO

martink
11th April 2008, 11:44 PM
Perhaps we should arrange a time/place to meet up and peruse all that the show has to offer on mass. Would be nice to catch up with the forumites - I met a lot of you when I did the great bessey clamp order last year:)

Ciao,

M>

BobR
12th April 2008, 01:10 AM
This year Carba-Tec will only have a nominal presence. A small number of major items of equipment and the usual smaller items. However, I am told that there will be a sale just before the woodworking show and that the prices on offer will be the show prices. If you are on their mailing list you will be notified. Happy hunting.

Poppa
17th April 2008, 12:38 AM
I'll be going, probably with my two boys again (they had a ball last year). Looking forward to seeing Big Stan again (I see he has become a member here which is great), and having a drool over all the gear and all the timber. I will probably be in the market for a bandsaw and maybe a drill press by then, so will have to see what I can find! Might need to take the van up...

wheelinround
17th April 2008, 09:24 AM
49 days to go

Zaphod
21st April 2008, 11:18 AM

The best things, IMO, are the little guys, who don't get a lot of promotion. Guys like HNT Gordon, Gifkins and a whole host of others. These guys are usually very generous with their time and are a pleasure to chat to.

I bought my Gifkins Dovetail Jig from the show and have been a happy puppy ever since. The whole Gifkins family usually turns up.

There's guys who sell those hard-to-find pieces of wood, like Brazillian Puple Heart, for that special project.

The big guys (Carba-tec, Triton, et al) are well represented and always busy selling stuff. There's usually lots of good advice from guys who seem to know what they're talking about too.

BTW: If you see one of those Japanese pull saws, branded 'Silky', buy it. One of the best pull saws I've ever seen/used. I picked one up from the Gardening Australia show last year. They SHOULD be at the Working With Wood Show.

Pheonix
21st April 2008, 06:07 PM
Bummer, just found out I have to be in Perth 10-20 june,looks like a trip to canberra:doh:

collector
21st April 2008, 06:18 PM
I haven't been to one of these shows. Reading everyone's posts has me very excited about going this year!

wheelinround
21st April 2008, 11:09 PM
There's one thing you got to do

Thats "Bring Your Money with you"

Scribbly Gum
24th April 2008, 09:47 PM
The best things, IMO, are the little guys, who don't get a lot of promotion. Guys like HNT Gordon, Gifkins and a whole host of others. These guys are usually very generous with their time and are a pleasure to chat to.

I bought my Gifkins Dovetail Jig from the show and have been a happy puppy ever since. The whole Gifkins family usually turns up.

There's guys who sell those hard-to-find pieces of wood, like Brazillian Puple Heart, for that special project.

The big guys (Carba-tec, Triton, et al) are well represented and always busy selling stuff. There's usually lots of good advice from guys who seem to know what they're talking about too.

BTW: If you see one of those Japanese pull saws, branded 'Silky', buy it. One of the best pull saws I've ever seen/used. I picked one up from the Gardening Australia show last year. They SHOULD be at the Working With Wood Show.

Last Year I watched Terry Gordon do his demonstrations at least three times. He is so approachable and so knowledgable.
Didn't see enough of Richard Raffan - sadly.
For some reason I kept going back to Chris Vesper's stall as well.
I am really looking forward to this year's show.
SG

fletty
24th April 2008, 10:30 PM
I have a bugger of a job, I seldom get a 5 day week it's often 6 and too many times it is 7, I have worked most public holidays over the last few years BUT I don't work on the Friday of the Sydney WWW show. It's like a religion!
I spend the whole day, my mobile phone turned off, and I indulge in retail therapy .... how many days is it now wheelin'?
Fletty

wheelinround
25th April 2008, 08:46 AM
No idea why I put 49 days on the 17th of the month should have been 57 days :doh:

It's not long until Brisbane Timber & Working With Wood opens its doors, and the 2008 show is literally bursting with the very latest and hard to find tools, machinery and hardware, demonstrations and entertainment.
This year's show is possibly your best opportunity to see and purchase the latest and hard to find tools, timbers and machinery all under the one roof and at VERY SHARP PRICES!
21 http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/images/gr_days_bris.gif
49 http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/images/gr_days_syd.gif
133 http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/images/gr_days_canberra.gif
168http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/images/gr_days_adelaide.gif
182http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/images/gr_days_melb.gif

wheelinround
25th April 2008, 09:30 AM
Coming by train/bus?
The 339 bus runs from the city via Millers Point, Wynyard, Town Hall & Central Stations direct to Moore Park. Services depart every 15 minutes weekdays and every 20 minutes on weekends.
The 339 bus from Bondi travels via Lang Road direct to the Royal Hall of Industries.

wheelinround
25th April 2008, 09:46 AM
http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/sydney/plans/TWWWSyd08_RHI.pdf

http://www.workingwithwood.com.au/sydney/plans/TWWWSyd08_Horden.pdf

munruben
25th April 2008, 10:14 AM
You reckon there will be anything left for the Sydney WWS after Brisbane Ray? All the good stuff will be gone.:)

wheelinround
25th April 2008, 10:28 AM
Its fighting the bus loads of schoolies thats the biggest problem you know youngesters like Stirlo who's got to be working his butt off serving crap burgers and saving hard to spend up big on a new lathe.

collector
25th April 2008, 11:35 AM
Is Triton going to have a section? I can't see their name allocated to a section...

ss_11000
25th April 2008, 11:36 PM
i'm broke. so i'll just pay the entry fee and look:(

wheelinround
26th April 2008, 08:32 AM
Is Triton going to have a section? I can't see their name allocated to a section...

I could only see the Triton user club in the display section next to Ornamental Turners

Stirlo
i'm broke. so i'll just pay the entry fee and look:(

Not so good Stirlo unless you bought a new lathe already

munruben
26th April 2008, 09:43 AM
i'm broke. so i'll just pay the entry fee and look:(Cheer up mate, you might get some free samples.:)

ss_11000
26th April 2008, 11:40 AM
Not so good Stirlo unless you bought a new lathe alreadynah, i got a better reason:2tsup:

Cheer up mate, you might get some free samples.:) hopefully:D

wheelinround
26th April 2008, 12:36 PM
Jumbo's have 7 sets of wheels Stirlo

so I guess your off OS with the school on excursion within the final two years

must have been a tough choice

car = you can buy one anytime

lathe = as above new models coming out almost daily only hope they get cheaper

excursion = spending 3 weeks away with mates and teachers you'll possibly never see again once in a life time.

Calm
26th April 2008, 12:48 PM
nah, i got a better reason:2tsup:

hopefully:D

.......Some have passed away, some have given up woodwork and moved on to art, macrame, knitting, etc and some have just moved on, as people are want to do.
Cheers - Neil :U

Not thinking of Macrame or Knitting are you stirlo??:D:D:D

ss_11000
26th April 2008, 01:49 PM
Jumbo's have 7 sets of wheels Stirlo

so I guess your off OS with the school on excursion within the final two years

must have been a tough choice

car = you can buy one anytime

lathe = as above new models coming out almost daily only hope they get cheaper

excursion = spending 3 weeks away with mates and teachers you'll possibly never see again once in a life time. OS to play hockey:cool::2tsup::hapy::ohyaaa:

Not thinking of Macrame or Knitting are you stirlo??:D:D:D
over my dead body:rip: :cool:

wheelinround
27th April 2008, 09:02 AM
Congrats Stirlo where & when may I ask :2tsup:

ss_11000
27th April 2008, 08:36 PM
july school holidays in South Africa

wheelinround
28th April 2008, 08:48 AM
Stirlo they play ruff hokey over there they practice swinging at elephant turds :D

mick59wests
5th May 2008, 09:25 AM
does anyone know where you can park so it does not cost me all my money saved for spending at the show? I think last year outside the show at Moore Park it was $4 per hour which certainly puts a dent in my spending money!

cheers

Mick

I_wanna_Shed
5th May 2008, 09:42 AM
does anyone know where you can park so it does not cost me all my money saved for spending at the show? I think last year outside the show at Moore Park it was $4 per hour which certainly puts a dent in my spending money!

cheers

Mick

That's what a hate about the Sydney show - around $16 per day for parking. Its not that much, but its hard trying to leave those few notes in my wallet throughout the show!

I also ventured to the Canberra show last year, free parking.

Pat
5th May 2008, 11:48 AM
Mick, park in the Lang st (http://www.eqmoorepark.com.au/getting-there/)Parking centre. $20 all day. That what I do, especially since it can cost that much getting the train up and having to make decisions on how much I can humanly carry on my back:)

martink
8th May 2008, 04:08 AM
That's what a hate about the Sydney show - around $16 per day for parking. Its not that much, but its hard trying to leave those few notes in my wallet throughout the show!

I also ventured to the Canberra show last year, free parking.

There is one small benefit with not being able to park at a reasonable price...it means that we have to do the whole public transport thing which means we don't come home with large bits of gear that we all know our better half's don't understand why we spent so much money on them:?

Ciao,

M.

Having said that, I'm driving in on Friday with a large commodore station wagon. Anyone want a lift?

Pat
8th May 2008, 06:49 AM
Having said that, I'm driving in on Friday with a large commodore station wagon. Anyone want a lift?

Hey Wongo, your cue!:q

Hardenfast
22nd May 2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know if Brad's Burls will have a stall at the show? I've had a quick look at their website and would like to see some of their stuff in the flesh.

Maybe someone else with a similar range? Salty?

fletty
22nd May 2008, 09:18 PM
.... likewise, does anyone know if Carbatec is holding a pre-show sale?

Fletty

BobR
22nd May 2008, 11:01 PM
As I mentioned some time back. Carba-Tec in Sydney is holding a sale for 2 weeks prior to the show. The sale prices will be the show prices. They are not taking as much space this year as in previous years, and therefore will not be having as much stock on display. I was told this on my last visit to their store.

fletty
23rd May 2008, 10:11 AM
thanx Bob,
Fletty

Woodie Wood
23rd May 2008, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know if Brad's Burls will have a stall at the show? I've had a quick look at their website and would like to see some of their stuff in the flesh.

Maybe someone else with a similar range? Salty?

Hi guys,

Woodie here from the Timber Shows.

Yes, Brad's Burls & Craftwoods will be at the Sydney Timber & Working with Wood show!

If you want to know if other specific companies are there, let me know.

Cheers

Woodie :2tsup:

collector
23rd May 2008, 03:57 PM
Hey Woodie

Will Triton be represented?

Marginata
24th May 2008, 11:41 PM
I'll be heading over from Perth to visit the Sydney WWW show for the first time. Can't wait:happyb:

ss_11000
25th May 2008, 11:38 PM
Hey hey everyone...

I have got a problem. I may not be able to go to the show:(. But I may be able to make it work.

The situation is this:
I'm in Sydney with a hockey camp all week (at Narrabeen and ending at Homebush - Sydney Olympic Park). This runs from Monday to Friday at 2pm. So I cant go for much more than 2 hours on the Friday, Then rush back to Newcastle for an 8pm hockey game (which I would actually not prefer to play in). On the 14th June (Saturday) I play hockey at Pennants Hills Park at 1830 and need to be there by at least 1730. This is the ideal day for me to go, but Mum and Dad are tied up in Newcastle all day with their hockey. On the Sunday, I have the bye in Newcastle:cool: but my Sister has a 'Regional' carnival on in Taree, so Mum will definately be up there and will most likely have dads car (free petrol) and dad wont want to take mums car to Sydney because then we (meaning me or him) has to pay for the petrol (and considering I am going to South Africa in 6 weeks from last friday - I have no spare money that I want to spend)

So, I was thinking, I could stay at my Aunties place in Penrith on the Friday night and catch a train into town, then catch another to Pennants Hills afterwards. But the problem with that is: I will have at least one bag full of clothes, a enviro bag full of school folders and my hockey bag with me. I cant carry that around all day. I might send my aunty an email later (after talking to my parents) to see if my uncle or her will give us a lift in (or even hang around) and pick me up again and take me to PH (my brother should still be around to give me a lift home from there).

This doesnt sound good...I think the best I can manage is to go for the last 2 hours on Friday. But I wont be spending any money (because of SA) and there wont be many worthwhile demo's on at that time of day so it wont really be worth it. Plus it means travelling thru Sydney at peak hours and I dont think it will really be worth the hassle to be honest.:-

So, I was planning on going to meet a few Forum members, talk to a few people, watch some demo's and check out anything new...and now it looks like I wont be there.:( Oh well, such is life and there is always next year anyway:2tsup: Hope you all have a great time:cool:

Cheers:)

wheelinround
26th May 2008, 10:39 AM
Stirlo what a bummer although SA is looking good and its all in the game.

Homebush Bay to Moore Park by public transport :no: you'd not do it in an hour, and be back in NCastle for 8pm :doh: trying to leave Sydney in peak hour you might just make that one.

Stirlo I hope someone can come to the rescue

Ross
26th May 2008, 03:03 PM
Stirlo

I'll be at the show on Saturday with my car parked near by (you can leave your bags there) and living at Epping I can give you a lift to Pennant Hills by 5.30.

Hope this helps.

Ross

ss_11000
26th May 2008, 04:47 PM
wheelin, if i was to go on the friday arvo - dad would be there with me:)

Ross, thanx for the offer. i'll get back to you:2tsup:

bsrlee
26th May 2008, 08:20 PM
They are actually pretty relaxed at the parcel pickup, so if you had it all bagged, you should be able to leave it there with a numbered tag, then pick it up when you want to leave.

Look up www.131500.com for bus route & timetable info if you are stuck with public transport - that is how I anticipate going.

Jim Carroll
26th May 2008, 08:29 PM
Stirlo you can leave your gear at the back of our stand if you want to.:2tsup:

We will clean out your wallet for you so no one else takes it away from you.:D

Calm
26th May 2008, 08:37 PM
Stirlo you can leave your gear at the back of our stand if you want to.:2tsup:

We will clean out your wallet for you so no one else takes it away from you.:D

Your a generous man Jim, always willing to help:D:D:2tsup:

Ross
5th June 2008, 10:09 AM
8 days to go.........empty credid card............ticket in hand...........yep
i'm ready.

Ross

Ruddigar
5th June 2008, 11:14 AM
Hey hey everyone...

I have got a problem. I may not be able to go to the show:(. But I may be able to make it work........

Stirlo - I've read this three times and I still can't work out where you are, where you've got to be and whether or not there is free fuel in South Africa.

Do you need a lift from Penrith one day? I can do that. Still got my number? Give me a call.

fletty
6th June 2008, 10:22 PM
Well, it's started!
Went to Carbatec, Sydney, today for the pre show sale. The flyer advises that prices at the sale will be lower than at the show and the Carbatec presence at the show will be greatly reduced to a 5m x 6m stall. The cost of "moving the shop to the show" has become prohibitive.
They are open from today to next Friday but closed this (holiday) monday only.
In addition to all of the flyer specials, there is 10-15% off everything in the shop. Amongst the hidden treasures is a clearance table of Triton router bits from $7 to $16.
Also finally bought my Leigh dovetail jig .... a shed weekend coming up!
Fletty

bsrlee
8th June 2008, 05:09 AM
Someone (or several someones) got an unexpected bargain at Carbatec on Saturday morning, but it wasn't me :C

Seems one of the sales staff was selling the Festo Domino with the box of dominoes & extra bits for the price of just the Domino, less 10%! I was the unlucky bunny who, just as the sales man had finished ringing it up, had the boss look over his shoulder and tell him that it was the wrong code - so close :doh: Still, 10% off the right price was still good.

ss_11000
9th June 2008, 06:26 PM
Stirlo - I've read this three times and I still can't work out where you are, where you've got to be and whether or not there is free fuel in South Africa.

Do you need a lift from Penrith one day? I can do that. Still got my number? Give me a call.

finish hockey at homebush on friday. COULD stay the night at penrith (my aunties). some how get to the show. then get out to Pennants Hills (by around 5pm).

99% sure i wont be there :(:). thanx anyway guys.:cool:

arose62
10th June 2008, 10:38 AM
Ditto with the confusion:?

I'm driving from the Central Coast, probably on Sunday, to take my Dad to the WW show, but I don't see that that fits with any of your options.

Maybe you could repost something like:

can anyone
a) give me a lift from here to there on ?day at about ?-o'clock
or
b) give me a lift from somewhere-else to this-other-place on ?day around ?-o'clock
or
c) look after my bags on ?day

Can you offer payment in Wenge from Sth Africa?

Cheers,
Andrew

wheelinround
10th June 2008, 10:44 AM
All in favour of moving the show out west or a more central location where trailers can be parked without the high costs etc say I.

Ross
10th June 2008, 11:07 AM
I

Ross

Ozkaban
10th June 2008, 01:58 PM
I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I
I I I
I I I
I I I
I I I
I I I
I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I
How about Homebush... It would be sooo much simpler. I could skive off work early on friday and see the show without the hassle or weekend crowds...

Cheers,
Dave

Squirrel
10th June 2008, 11:10 PM
Just received my 2008 Hare & Forbes Wood working catalogue today. The covering page had "Can't make it to the Working with Wood Show Neither can we" SAVE 10% OFF all Hafco Woodmaster. (offer ends 30th June 2008)

Just thought I would post this for those that don't get the cattledog and hoping to purchase gear from H&F at the show.

(usual no affiliation stuff)

Squirrel...

BobR
10th June 2008, 11:42 PM
H&F haven't been to the wood show for years, so nothing different this year.

Greg Ward
11th June 2008, 01:52 PM
Mal and I will be there at the outside Timber stand along with lots of cedar and other stuff..... The rain will really set off the colour...... See you there

Greg

wheelinround
11th June 2008, 07:16 PM
Mal and I will be there at the outside Timber stand along with lots of cedar and other stuff..... The rain will really set off the colour...... See you there

Greg

Yes true Greg make it look great

I am glad you don't sell it by weight :D
If its raining hard I hope its not

trouble is getting it home all wet in the car:doh:

fletty
11th June 2008, 09:48 PM
only 2 more sleeps!
Fletty

Ruddigar
12th June 2008, 12:52 AM
only 2 more sleeps!
Fletty
Just over 34 hours till kick off....

Scribbly Gum
12th June 2008, 10:12 AM

Greg

Best value timber that I have found.
Two of the nicest blokes you are likely to meet.
Boutique Timbers - Highly recommended!!!
See ya there
SG:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Pat
12th June 2008, 10:23 AM
Ok, do we have a meeting point for Friday? Jim Carrolls stand?

Remember Wongo, you have spent all your money, so no buying toys:U

wheelinround
12th June 2008, 10:47 AM
Sleep who's sleeping unless they like me are just dreaming of what should/could be

Ok, do we have a meeting point for Friday? Jim Carrolls stand?

Remember Wongo, you have spent all your money, so no buying toys:U

So will he??? Stand that is

Do I have too :doh: I will if I must :roll: its nice to stretch now and again

wheelinround
12th June 2008, 11:10 AM
23hrs 50 mins

AlexS
12th June 2008, 01:33 PM
Hope you have a bit of myrtle like the last lot, Greg.

Hardenfast
12th June 2008, 07:36 PM
So how will I know everyone? I'm actually working on a renovation at Surry Hills at the moment which is just around the corner, so I was intending to call in tomorrow for a walk around for a few hours and maybe come back on Sunday to take in some of the demos etc.

Wayne

Pat
12th June 2008, 08:16 PM
WWF shirt and cap for me.:U

Hardenfast
12th June 2008, 11:08 PM
OK, I'll wear the hat too. I'll look for you guys, especially you Wheelin.

Wayne

BobR
12th June 2008, 11:27 PM
Cap covering grey hair.

Ross
13th June 2008, 08:59 AM
Cap.

munruben
13th June 2008, 02:32 PM
Just had a short telephone conversation with Wheelin and he reckons the show is good. "Having a ball" he said. He was just going off to meet some of the other forumites at lunch. Weather is good apparently and actual sunshine on his way to the show. Would have found out more but the line was shocking and could hardly make out what Ray was saying in the end.
I am sure he will be filling us all in when he gets back.

ss_11000
13th June 2008, 04:52 PM
I wont be there guys. have fun:)

fletty
13th June 2008, 07:03 PM
OK, just returned from day 1 at SWWW,

Show is good although it feels different probably because Carbatec and MIK aren't there so there aren't as many 'general' things for show and sale
Festool and Metabo are prominent with Triton and DeWalt not far behind.
Harold and Saxon chisels are on display and taking orders
Wongo's rocking horse looks brilliant and he wont know til tonight if he receives a gong
unfortunately we missed Mr and Mrs Wheelinround and lost them somewhere......
I have Hardenfasts forum hat (PM me with address Wayne)
Pat stopped eating lunch only once he had hit the porcelain of the plate
... and I spent far too much!Fletty

Pat
13th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Pat stopped eating lunch only once he had hit the porcelain of the plateWell it was nearly 1400hrs and I am not a little bloke . . . I was 'Ungry!

Sydney show was interesting, Wongo's Rocking Horse and Table are very nice. Met Chris (Doorstop), Steve (Lumber Bunker), Jim (Jim Carroll), Fletty, Bob's, Alex, Hardnfast, Wingo, Ray (Wheelinaround) & Sue, Now whom have I forgotten?

That's right, little Brendan (Ruddigar) ;)

BobR
13th June 2008, 09:03 PM
Fletty, MIK in Sydney is now trading as Benchworks. Jason was at the show and doing quite a bit of business. Shame Scott blew it on the eating hole - no laksa :oo:

wheelinround
13th June 2008, 09:18 PM
OK, just returned from day 1 at SWWW,
Show is good although it feels different probably because Carbatec and MIK aren't there so there aren't as many 'general' things for show and sale
Festool and Metabo are prominent with Triton and DeWalt not far behind.
Harold and Saxon chisels are on display and taking orders
Wongo's rocking horse looks brilliant and he wont know til tonight if he receives a gong
unfortunately we missed Mr and Mrs Wheelinround and lost them somewhere......
I have Hardenfasts forum hat (PM me with address Wayne)
Pat stopped eating lunch only once he had hit the porcelain of the plate
... and I spent far too much!Fletty

Darn traffic almost 2 hours from Liverpool to Fox Studios

1 MIK for Sydney are now under a new name sorry forgot Bench something or other could be Benchworks

2 GMC had boxes to go Saw a Triton section of tools but only flew round prior opening time

3 Harold Saxons drool stuff as was Sorbys

4Wongo's horse looked the best of 4 and his table tops too good luck Scott

5 Mr & Mrs Wheelin had heaps of visitors during the day thanks Wongo great to meet you at last,

Fletty a true Gentlman (you'll find out why), Graemat Graham???, Pat of course who after buying his SuperNova Chuck we tried it out on my Jet Mini spraying oil everywhere photo attached.

Chris even got a break from his U-beaut stand polish is working well had to wear the sunnies to talk to him :D

Penpal Peter who brought goodies and guided Sue to, Addictive Pens and Bret and Mrs Bret :2tsup: Thanks Peter hope you had a good Saturday and safe trip home.

Now although we had taken our own lunch as we were unaware if there was going to be a rotational lunch break or not.

Sue & I raced down to said meeting point at 1pm to find all and sundry had headed over the road for LUKSA :D place was closed

Wongo I was told did special deal and paid for the lunches.

Now just as we arrived to say hi and meet them all the last one walked upstairs to the restaurant NO LIFTS, bit hard to wheel up stairs, no problem so we started to head back

:rolleyes: HUM are they trying to tell me something :C

A quick phone call to said Gentlman Woodworker Fletty had him trying to organise them to lift me upstairs:p
Thanks for the thoughts guys and thanks for coming and visiting us again after your lunch.:2tsup: A top bunch of fellas.

Sorry to have missed Hardnfast Wayne, Alex

And special thanks to John Munruben for the 2 calls appologies for the 1st having to get you to call back :- was overwhelmed with people at the time, great to hear from you :~ friggin mobile service we were both only hearing every other word.

8 Pats Lunch started when the gates opened last seen heading to Macca's on his way home for light snack:roll:

Not there tomorrow will be on Sunday the old body survived shame about the tools on a piece of New Guniea Rose wood which was full of silica:B finaly got it turned into a candle stick holder :doh:

Mrs Wheelin had a ball bought her new pen making kit got some blanks off Penpal, got to turn miniature goblet they are normal size rubber bands around it.

Just added better photo of the Goblet

wheelinround
13th June 2008, 09:21 PM
OK, I'll wear the hat too. I'll look for you guys, especially you Wheelin.

Wayne

Where'd ya go Wayne didn't see you or did I

Pat
13th June 2008, 09:38 PM
Ray, I should have taken the NG Rosewood and saved your tools:U

wheelinround
13th June 2008, 09:42 PM
Ray, I should have taken the NG Rosewood and saved your tools:U

I should have used a Forstner Bit and I could have all 3 done

Wongo
13th June 2008, 11:25 PM
I had a lot of fun today. I met a lot of people and had lunch with a few regulars. I bought some sandpaper and nothing else. They asked me to go to the presentation tomorrow but didn’t tell me what I’ve won. Well I will find out tomorrow.

It was a great day.:2tsup:

Ruddigar
13th June 2008, 11:30 PM
Met Chris (Doorstop), Steve (Lumber Bunker), Jim (Jim Carroll), Fletty, Bob's, Alex, Hardnfast, Wingo, Ray (Wheelinaround) & Sue, Now whom have I forgotten?
Nope. Don't think you've forgotten anyone :)

:-

:(

:sad1:

:C

:tears:

:bigcry:

:cry4:

Groggy
13th June 2008, 11:30 PM
Don't they let cameras into the Sydney show? :rolleyes:

:worthless:

Ruddigar
13th June 2008, 11:39 PM
Don't they let cameras into the Sydney show? :rolleyes:

Too many good looking people in Sydney. We all have modelling contracts that forbid the use of unauthorised cameras capturing our collective beautiful image.

Sorry. :cool:

Wongo
13th June 2008, 11:40 PM
I am too tired to get the camera. Pictures tomorrow OK.

munruben
14th June 2008, 12:44 AM
I am too tired to get the camera. Pictures tomorrow OK.Look forward to that. :2tsup:

Scally
14th June 2008, 12:53 AM
I made it home but the poor little car was a bit weighed down.

Good to catch up with lots of regulars on the stands.

Nice lunch Scott, I don't really like laksa anyway. Good to meet you all.

I vote for the hall table.

Groggy
14th June 2008, 01:00 AM
Too many good looking people in Sydney. We all have modelling contracts that forbid the use of unauthorised cameras capturing our collective beautiful image.

Sorry. :cool:Yeah well, I've heard you're a bit of a 'snag' nowadays :p

graemet
14th June 2008, 09:33 AM
Well it was nearly 1400hrs and I am not a little bloke . . . I was 'Ungry!

Sydney show was interesting, Wongo's Rocking Horse and Table are very nice. Met Chris (Doorstop), Steve (Lumber Bunker), Jim (Jim Carroll), Fletty, Bob's, Alex, Hardnfast, Wingo, Ray (Wheelinaround) & Sue, Now whom have I forgotten?

That's right, little Brendan (Ruddigar) ;)

Nah!
I'm Mr. Invisible!!:q
Cheers
Graeme