PDA

View Full Version : Husky on ebay

Steve Fryar
10th April 2008, 08:25 AM
Two actually.Would the 2004 model be worth bidding on?It's currently got $900 on it.Seems to be in good condition.Whats your thoughts?
Thanks,Steve.

Sigidi
10th April 2008, 10:50 AM
Steve I had a look on ebay, there's a few more than two:D which ones are you looking at just the 3120's?

If you're looking at this one - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HUSQVARNA-3120XP-CHAINSAW-BIG-PRO-SAW-IN-GREAT-COND_W0QQitemZ320236700647QQihZ011QQcategoryZ42227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Then I would keep an eye on it, as there are quite a few bids, and be around near finishing time, then see what it's up to. AS long as you know what a new one is worth then you can form an opinion if it is worthwhile closer to finishing time.

Personally, (just my thoughts) I would be wary of buying a used chainsaw online, they can take alot of abuse which isn't evident in a few pictures, then you have trouble. A saw can suffer badly and the outside still look terrific at tehn end of the day you want the motor, which you can't see from pics. If you are able to go and see it, run it, cut with it. Stick a tank of fuel through it and use it all, this will give you a good indication, if there are no concerns then go for it.

Having said all this, If I find a bargain 460 (xtorque) I'll buy it online, played with one last week and it's a ripper for felling and dragging throughthe bush:D

Steve Fryar
10th April 2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah that's the one.I am not making this mill to earn a living.It's a hobby.As long as I get my dough back for the mill after a bit it will be great.The mill will give me stock and keep me out of the pub when I'm home.This is why I asked about this saw.Over $2300 for a new one.
Thanks for your input Sigidi.

Sigidi
10th April 2008, 02:12 PM
Well given what you hve said, probably a good thing to keep watching and see what you can get it for right near the end. Good luck