I may not need it but I want it:D

crocky
11th April 2008, 05:48 PM
Looks nice :)

but....

I would rather have mine :)

WillyInBris
11th April 2008, 05:50 PM
Its a cool little piece of equipment for carving, I did a bit of reading on it some time ago I have seen many negative as well as positive posts about it :?.

I would be surprised if it ever hits our shores, I think they may have pushed the CarveWright too far, so many sensors etc that its apparently easy for things to go wrong but then again as with most pieces of equipment you could probably find a work around if needed.

Carving time would be interesting on a large sign of about a metre long and how well the spindle holds up under that load.

I prefer a CNC thats for sure but would love to play with one for a day or two just to find its limitations.

Sean

echnidna
11th April 2008, 06:16 PM
Its correct classification is "CNC Moulding Machine"

I looked at these when they first came out and would have loved to buy one but at that time they were not available in a 240volt version.

The transformer cost would be shy high for the power needed to run it.

But I'd still like one, hmmm much more enticing to me than a Domino

I could rewind the motor to 240 volt and use a transformer for the electronics hmm

all else fails a 110 volt gen set.

Greolt
11th April 2008, 07:51 PM
The reports that I have heard about this machine (which I have not seen in the flesh)

are along the lines of, Mechanically it is not much chop. Especially around the flexible drive.

The software is brilliant and the author should concentrate on marketing that to the wider CNC router crowd.

Take that with a grain of salt. :B

Greg