PDA

View Full Version : 7 Eggs for a 7 year old

Mrs Woodpecker
17th April 2008, 09:06 PM
Last year I made my sister (at her request) a bowl of eggs for her birthday. Our grandson asked me to make him some the same. Here is the result. We have bought his new soccer boots which he is using, so kept these so he would get a parcel from Nan and Pop for the big day on Thursday. I will add a new one every birthday.
My tutor at the Wood Club told me the bowl was too thick, but I figured that it would have to be thick to stand up to Show and Tell etc.

Sawdust Maker
17th April 2008, 09:26 PM
Nice eggs and I like the bowl. I'd suggest that it is not as thick as some :D
can you let us know the timber type, please?

Mrs Woodpecker
17th April 2008, 09:29 PM
Silky Oak - sorry, I forgot to mention that.

cedar n silky
17th April 2008, 09:42 PM
Nice work again Mrs Woodpecker!:2tsup: Silky oak is a lovely wood to turn. And looks good as well!

Ron Dunn
17th April 2008, 09:47 PM
I wish my daughter had that bowl of eggs instead of the pile of chocolate she got at Easter.

Beautifully done :)

Zarguld
17th April 2008, 09:55 PM
They look great and I would have to argue that the bowl is no where near too thick at all just call it a salad bowl and then it is thin.:2tsup:Looks great though.Job well done.

lubbing5cherubs
17th April 2008, 09:56 PM
Very nice indeed. but you will have to be careful Vern might pinch them for his collection. :D
Toni

TTIT
17th April 2008, 11:13 PM
Very nice indeed. but you will have to be careful Vern might pinch them for his collection. :D
ToniLOL - I've got more than enough without pinchin' 'em off Shirley :U
Little bloke should be stoked with that lot Shirley, and I agree that the bowl will be much 'safer' with thicker walls once in the hands of a 7 year old :;

ss_11000
18th April 2008, 12:14 AM
nice:2tsup:

OGYT
18th April 2008, 04:32 AM
Nice eggs, and bowl... thick is good. My 7 year old grandbaby could break an anvil.
Good job! :U

artme
18th April 2008, 07:47 AM
Wonderful!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Mrs Woodpecker
18th April 2008, 08:38 AM
Could never match Vern's talents. I have seen his pile of eggs, and he sure does not need any from my meagre efforts. Thanks to Vern's egg chuck, my eggs have improved a lot, though there are still some imperfection that I have to work on.
Cheers,
Shirley

Harry72
18th April 2008, 08:56 AM
My tutor at the Wood Club told me the bowl was too thick,
Remember thats only in his eyes...

Nice work.

Rum Pig
18th April 2008, 09:13 AM
Very nice. Good idea:):):) bowl looks spot on to me:welldone:

Cheers Rum pig:drink2:

wheelinround
18th April 2008, 12:17 PM
Mrs W well done very nice
agee a bowl to be used needs to be sturdy many homes have tiled floors these days and even wood chips :p

oldiephred
19th April 2008, 09:29 AM
Pardon my old memory but I saw a discussion awhile ago about how to make eggs. How did you make yours? They are very attractive.

Mrs Woodpecker
19th April 2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Oldiephred,
Get onto Vern's site, (TTIT) and follow his instructions. I have a lot to learn, but the eggs are improving, thanks to his site. If you want to know anything about CQ trees, he is the man for you.
Thanks for the comments,
Shirley

Mrs Woodpecker
2nd May 2008, 06:29 PM
The eggs were a great success. As I expected, they were taken to school for show and tell. Apparently I am a "cool" Nana.
Cheers, Shirley

TTIT
2nd May 2008, 07:28 PM
Would love to have been a fly on the classroom wall !:U Good to hear Shirley.