PDA

View Full Version : Some Photos

lubbing5cherubs
17th April 2008, 10:11 PM
Here not very good Just went and bought batteries and they were flat but here is some with my camera. so I have used my phone. Not the best but what I got. Sorry. There was some done by the previous owner and I just finished it but I think I did ok. Considering we are still getting acquainted. What you think? and what would you finish these with. so it does not fill all the crevices? What would you use?
bye
Toni

joe greiner
17th April 2008, 11:44 PM
Nice start, Toni. Courtship should go very well indeed.

I'd probably use several coats of a light spray finish such as polyurethane, close enough together in timing to avoid intermediate sanding, but I'm kinda lazy about that.

Joe

lubbing5cherubs
18th April 2008, 09:13 AM
thanks Joe

wheelinround
18th April 2008, 12:12 PM
good start Toni as Joe said bit more spacing on the index plate
:D I leant quick when I did mine miss counting is a bummer stuffs a whole job.

wheelinround
19th April 2008, 09:32 AM
Some more of the machine its bits and pieces Toni

come on don't keep us in suspense

Edwards
12th July 2008, 07:35 PM
Here not very good Just went and bought batteries and they were flat but here is some with my camera. so I have used my phone. Not the best but what I got. Sorry. There was some done by the previous owner and I just finished it but I think I did ok. Considering we are still getting acquainted. What you think? and what would you finish these with. so it does not fill all the crevices? What would you use?
bye
Toni

Toni.
Use oils and not wax.

Cheers
Edwards:)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th July 2008, 09:13 PM
Use oils and not wax.

:yes:

Shellawax Cream (ie. the non-turning variety) and a buffing wheel can also be used, but the buffing wheel can tear splinters out of some woods...

Ad de Crom
12th July 2008, 09:16 PM
Toni, looks very good girl, despite your photo.
Would do the same as Joe Greiner recommend.
I used all the time Glitsa, it's simular stuff with what Joe tells you.
After bringing up the first layer, I let it dry for four houres, than a slight sanding, and than the second layer, and so on. Most of the time I bring up three layers.
After that I polished.
You are doing very well, keep up he.

Ad :2tsup: