PDA

View Full Version : rta200 triton router table

Dengue
18th April 2008, 06:19 PM
I have the opportunity ot purchase a 2nd hand rta200 triton router table and router for about $300.

Are these tables still good to use? I believe it does not have a mitre - is there any way it can be added? How do you keep the workpiece at 90deg to the fence when doing tenons?

With an Hitachi 1600W plunge router attached, can you change the bits above the table?

How do you check if the table is warped?

does this older table have dust extraction facilities?

looking forward to your expert advice,

regards to all,

Jill

Just George
18th April 2008, 09:35 PM
I have the opportunity ot purchase a 2nd hand rta200 triton router table and router for about $300.

How do you check if the table is warped?

looking forward to your expert advice,

regards to all,

Jill

does this older table have dust extraction facilities?

It has good dust extraction, the newer one is better but your dust bucket will attach straight onto it.
I have both and I prefer the older one as it doesn't have all of the cut outs and inserts that can give you different levels/heights.

With an Hitachi 1600W plunge router attached, can you change the bits above the table?

No, the bits cannot be changed the same way the Tritons can do it. It is the router that allows this to be done - not the table. If the router is as old as the table, it'll be at least 7-8+ years old so try and do a better deal than $300.

Are these tables still good to use? I believe it does not have a mitre - is there any way it can be added? How do you keep the workpiece at 90deg to the fence when doing tenons?

Use a piece of scarificial timber to push any narrow pieces of timber, this will also help prevent tear out.

Dengue
24th April 2008, 07:57 AM
Many thanks George. I really need one with a mitre guage to do end grain work also, so will give this a miss

kind regards,

Jill