PDA

View Full Version : This Old house

seriph1
26th January 2004, 07:41 PM
I have just looked for TOH on The Lifestyle Channel and it has come up a blank - Anyone know if/when it will return? From memory, that previous series wasn't finished when they went into those 7pm repeats

Steve

Dusty
26th January 2004, 10:42 PM
I'm a little bewildered as to what happened to it as well.

This last reno they showed us was sensational.

So I'm bitterly disapointed that it's stopped again.

I'm gonna have a gander at their web site. Might be some joy there.

SteveI
1st February 2004, 07:38 PM
Found TOH useful

Sent Lifestyle Channel an e-mail - their reply was:

It was never our intention to have This Old House taken off the channel. At this time we have not been offered a new series by the distributors of This Old House though we are in communication with them.

The last time we had repeated a series on Monday nights we had an immense uproar from our viewers who were disappointed that we had repeated the series, and so our decision this time was to take it off completely from Monday nights.

Please rest assured that we understand just how popular This Old House is and are working hard to have it back on the channel soon. We will let our viewers now as soon as it does become available.

For alternatives have a look at "The House that John re-built" on Discovery 2pm Sundays

seriph1
1st February 2004, 08:16 PM
thanks for the post - I just checked my video, and the last series was finished..... I felt certain it would be back on soon, but maybe not, which is a totall p1s$off - the reason we got foxtel in the first place was because I stayed at a mate's one long weekend and saw NYW and TOH - if TOH goes, it will be hard to justify keeping it.....man I really hope they bring it back and SOON!

Have all the house the John Rebuilt on Video too .... enjoyed it though don't want to see it yet again - it was on three times last year.

While there are some mighty average shows on, one I have really grown fond of over the last several weeks is "Real Reno's" - Monday Nights 8:00 pm Lifestyle. I enjoy its realism

Cheers

Dean
1st February 2004, 10:37 PM
They must be making way for the upcoming nightly episodes of his Normness! :)

Barry_White
7th February 2004, 03:14 PM
For everyones info This Old House goes to air 4.30pm today on lifestyle 7/2/04. Probaly just repeats from the way the ads are screening.