PDA

View Full Version : Bang goes the peace and quiet

flynnsart
19th April 2008, 05:33 PM
Hubby was in town the other day killing time, and went to the chainsaw shops to do the usual browse thing. He asked them about the price on an Alaskan chainsaw jig (Like the one Wiesyboy uses). One shop said 490 and the other one said hang on a minute i have one here that someone ordered and didnt pick up. So we went back in today and bought it for $260, bargain:2tsup:. Not worth the trouble of making one for that price. Now we have to save up some big biccies and get a decent saw for it.

Donna

dai sensei
19th April 2008, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately the chainsaw will cost more than the mill, but you are off to a good start with that bargain.

Cheers

Ivan in Oz
19th April 2008, 06:35 PM
Danna, Ask Neil:D:D

Be careful of Neighbours who live across the road and do NOT like the answers to the Questions they ask:B:~

If only they would word their Questions better about SLABBING Logs on a Footpath:rolleyes:

which WE did on a Woodworking GTG Day:oo::doh:

:no:Shhhhhh!!!!!!!

flynnsart
19th April 2008, 08:26 PM
:roll:We live on a forty something acre block, and neighbors have their own noisy toys chainsaws trail bikes tractors etc. Besides i reckon our thicknessers have made their own fair share of noise over the years.

Donna

artme
21st April 2008, 08:30 AM
Danna, Ask Neil:D:D

Be careful of Neighbours who live across the road and do NOT like the answers to the Questions they ask:B:~

If only they would word their Questions better about SLABBING Logs on a Footpath:rolleyes:

which WE did on a Woodworking GTG Day:oo::doh:

:no:Shhhhhh!!!!!!!
That was an interesting encounter Ivan.
Good pick up Donna!!:2tsup::2tsup:

Sigidi
22nd April 2008, 09:23 PM
Where were you at Ivan?

I've made a client go and get lights in Clontarf (Bris-Vegas) before, as we hadn't finished when the sun decided it was tired and went to bed. I was thinking any second now the cops will tap me on the shoulder, but nothing... Go figure.

flynnsart
25th April 2008, 05:08 PM
Well Carl, Peter says Thank you :2tsup:Thank you :2tsup:Thank you :2tsup: (for your demonstration of what the jig can do.) He came home from work early today because of the wind (sprays eucalypt plantations) and in the back of his ute was a nice slab of bluegum which he had sliced off an old hollow log laying in the paddock. Amazing what our little Husqvarna with a 15?" bar managed. Still saving for a bigger one tho. Although it is my turn to buy a new toy:p

Donna