PDA

View Full Version : structural engineer - Perth

rodney
20th April 2008, 12:25 AM
G'Day

I want to build a workshop in the backyard and have been through the planning approval stage with the shire but now need the services of a structural engineer for the building approval process.

The plan is for a building 6mtr by 6 mtr with a small verandah on a concrete foundation. Zincalume roof with cedar boards over a timber frame.

I have a series of drawings I have done for the planning approval.

Cheers
rodney

Ekim
20th April 2008, 11:04 AM
Rodney,

I'm going through the same process with my shed. I have sent you a PM with the name of a structural engineer who is prepared to sign off on my shed (note though that my shed is smaller then yours).

Regards,

Mike

Dazza70
15th September 2009, 01:28 PM
this sounds familiar!
I have also applied to my council to erect a 12m x 8m open front farm shed that we purchased second-hand. we dismantled the shed ourselves and intend on re-erecting it ourselves with a new roof.
After providing the council with numerous copies of plans, elevations we have been told we must now provide engineer certification for the building because the span is greater than 6m.
Anyone have any advice on a structural engineer who will sign off without charging me a fortune (quotes of $700-$1000 at the moment)?

cheers
Dazza