PDA

View Full Version : Help - I'm leading the auction for a lathe but can't collect!!!

TomH
21st April 2008, 10:36 AM
Morning all,

http://www.graysonline.com.au/lot.asp?LOT_ID=2546993

I currently have the leading bid for this fine item at $49. I placed the bid on Saturday. Yesterday, while riding my bike I had the misfortune of breaking my collarbone as I hit the bushes when avoiding some pedestrians, which is moderately painful, but fairly amusing. There is no way I will be able to collect the lathe in the unlikely event that the price stays at $49. I could get someone to pick it up but by the time I pay them a new one would be cheaper. I have been waiting for further bidders but they are hiding.

I am encouraging you all to bid... Alternatively if I do win then I could sell it on to a forum member at cost aslong as you can pick it up.

Cheers,

Tom

leeton
21st April 2008, 10:38 AM
Good luck Tom, I am sure you will get outbid, but surely someone can pick it up for you. I know the feeling though.:U

FXST01
21st April 2008, 01:44 PM
Where does it say on the ad, where it is located?

Calm
21st April 2008, 01:56 PM
Where does it say on the ad, where it is located?

About 3 pages in i found this.
http://www.graysonline.com.au/sale.asp?SALE_ID=51548

TomH
21st April 2008, 02:21 PM
Pick up from Doonside, Sydney. There's loads of other stuff there.

prozac
21st April 2008, 04:26 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom. I think you're going to gaol. I'll take it on in the unlikely event that you win, unless someone else is in a position to help you collect it.

prozac

wheelinround
21st April 2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear of your accident Tom looking at something you shouldn't have been eh :p:D

TomH
21st April 2008, 06:20 PM
If only.....

Sorry to hear of your accident Tom looking at something you shouldn't have been eh :p:D

prozac
23rd April 2008, 01:49 PM
Phew, the lathe is up to $139.

prozac

TomH
23rd April 2008, 08:39 PM
Oh well. Next time....

I was forced to confess to the SWMBO that I'd made a bid in case I won it. Then I had to go through the "what do you need a lathe for" discussion. My answer of "to turn stuff" was not considered adequate.

Maybe have to wait until bonus time next year and buy a new one....

FXST01
23rd April 2008, 09:20 PM
You should have said, "If I had the lathe then I wouldn't have been on that stupid bicycle and had that accident!" I need the lathe for my safety. :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
23rd April 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh well. Next time....

I was forced to confess to the SWMBO that I'd made a bid in case I won it. Then I had to go through the "what do you need a lathe for" discussion. My answer of "to turn stuff" was not considered adequate.

my answer was "to make bits of wood into smaller, sorta rounder bits of wood."
she replied that she didn't want the house full of bowls, I took that as a "yes you can have a lathe" ...
then I got into trouble for spending too much on a fancy one:o

prozac
24th April 2008, 04:43 PM
I did not particularly want a lathe like this and needed it like I need a hole in the head. Next time I offer to help out I will check the member history first.

TomH
24th April 2008, 06:05 PM
Did you buy it??

I did not particularly want a lathe like this and needed it like I need a hole in the head. Next time I offer to help out I will check the member history first.