PDA

View Full Version : Little dog, sore.

tea lady
21st April 2008, 06:35 PM
Look what my little dog did!:oo: Not sure how. Maybe she jumped a barbed wire fence or something. She just appeared back in the shed and hid under the table. Didn't realize for ages until she turned round and there's this enormous gash in her side. Race off to the vet- very calmly not speeding or anything. Or feeling sick. I think there are twelve or so stitches. So much for that days pay.:doh:

Groggy
21st April 2008, 06:38 PM
Ouch! Usually much better if you see how it happened as the vet then knows what to look for. eg if hit by a car they check for fluid in lungs (I think). Different trauma has different effects. Best keep an eye on her for a while :(

Incoming!
21st April 2008, 06:49 PM
Poor little pumpkin! What sad eyes! You don't live near Watson, do you? I understand he has a fairly ferocious cat named O'Reilly who delivers that sort of treatment.

tea lady
21st April 2008, 06:53 PM
Was only skin cut- or torn. (Ouch! I try not to think about that to hard.) The muscle underneath was undamaged. Must have just caught under her front leg somehow. (Ouch ouch ouch!) I don't feel so well now.:puke:

wheelinround
21st April 2008, 08:51 PM
Ouch TL go have a good cuppa sit pup on your lap and plenty TLC

watson
21st April 2008, 09:00 PM
Ouch!...it wasn't my cat.. true.........but had a Great dane that chased a rabbit and didn't see the barb wire.
She was quiet about it......and the wound wasn't noticed for a day.......bad memories of the operation etc.
Repeating.....Ouch!

ptc
22nd April 2008, 12:21 PM
plenty of TLC.

tea lady
22nd April 2008, 06:50 PM
Ouch!...it wasn't my cat.. true.........but had a Great dane that chased a rabbit and didn't see the barb wire.
She was quiet about it......and the wound wasn't noticed for a day.......bad memories of the operation etc.
Repeating.....Ouch!

I don't think dogs are aware that anything could go wrong. Lolly (That's the dog.:rolleyes:) just must chase small furry things- and feathery things. Can't understand why I'm not happy. Also has no sense of feeling during chase I think. If there is nothing to chase she is completely human.:D

ficfac
18th January 2009, 01:38 AM
I know the ill feeling TL. My (12 yr old) cat got in a scrap and ended up wearing a tube in his head and a victorian style collar for about a week. The tube was to let out gross gooey stuff. I hope your lovely looking doggie is ok. :)

billym
18th January 2009, 07:23 AM
me thinks you are giving the best medicine possible TLC . billym:)

tea lady
18th January 2009, 04:36 PM
Little dogs is all better thank you. Stitches all gone and fur grown over and long forgotten. Thanks everyone.:cool:

Rattrap
19th January 2009, 06:18 PM
Thats good news tea lady

Ed Reiss
4th February 2009, 01:10 PM
Getting in late on this one Anne-Marie. Glad the little one is on the mend:2tsup: