PDA

View Full Version : decent photos of my lathe

lubbing5cherubs
27th April 2008, 04:04 PM
Since the camera has new batteries. Here you go:- hope they are bit better my daughter took them for you. She is 9 but loves photograpy
bye Toni

wheelinround
27th April 2008, 05:56 PM
Thank you Tony looks fantastic you have to be over the moon with that :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

did you get instructions with it :roll: love the bike gears to operate the change of speed etc

Oh Daughter has talent with the camera being that she took some excellent shots

one looking along would be good

munruben
27th April 2008, 06:13 PM
Looks good to me. Dont know much about lathes but it looks good.:2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
27th April 2008, 09:15 PM
yes I did. The man that I bought it from took me photo by photo of each thing set up plus a written book of it. He did a great job.
Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th April 2008, 11:35 PM
Most ornamental lathes have their own little quirks (esp. home-made ones) and it's difficult to tell just what range of turning one is capable of without spending time actually playing with it.

But there's something about the looks of that 'un that I really like. It'd look even better if it was put int thew right location... (such as in my shed. :;)

lubbing5cherubs
28th April 2008, 07:50 PM
I am playing having a ball. Nah cannot get into your shed. You got to many lathe there now Skew it would get sad. Hmm mean while I have now got 4 lathe. One pieces of GMC only good for a sander (used 3 times each time something broke. Scared the heck out of me), 1 leda, 1 nova and now her. Hubby says no more. What does he know hey?
bye Toni

WOODbTURNER
28th April 2008, 09:44 PM
Toni,

I bet there are a lot of turners out there who are green with envy and wished they had seen it first. Good onya Toni and I'm sure you will put it to good use.http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Cheers
Jeff

powderpost
28th April 2008, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to the first piece Toni...
Jim

ptc
30th April 2008, 03:32 PM
thank you for the pics

hughie
31st May 2008, 05:23 PM
Toni,
Thats a serious piece of lathe building, looks well made and should out last all of us. :2tsup:

Simomatra
31st May 2008, 06:06 PM
Very nice Toni it will keep you very busy. Happy turning

artme
2nd June 2008, 06:44 PM
Lucky you Toni!
You can now do ornamental turning on bottle stoppers and even your pens.

lubbing5cherubs
2nd June 2008, 07:06 PM
when I work it out. Taking some time but getting there

wheelinround
3rd June 2008, 09:45 AM
keep at it Toni :2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
4th June 2008, 07:06 PM
Hi I made a pocket watch today I am very happy with my effort I am so pleased with my efforts. Not a tight fit on the clock but it a first one so i am happy will get piccys later
Toni

Allan at Wallan
5th June 2008, 08:40 PM
Hi I made a pocket watch today I am very happy with my effort I am so pleased with my efforts. Not a tight fit on the clock but it a first one so i am happy will get piccys later
Toni

Hi Toni,
Just had a look at pics including those of the pocket
watch. With the size of that lathe I would think you
can contract to replace "Big Ben" in England.

Good luck!

Allan

You can't teach an old mouse new clicks.

lubbing5cherubs
5th June 2008, 11:47 PM
Whoo not yet Allan got to game with bigger bits of wood spinning on lathe yet. Taking some nerve. You guys I think have nerves of steel but I have got a hollowing tool coming to learn
bye Toni

Pheonix
6th June 2008, 10:21 AM
How are things up in Townsville?
Spent quite a bit of time there during the last semi depression in the 60s,was at Cape Palaranda,3 guys living in a three bedroom house rent 30 shillings week(thats 3 bucks in the new money) I was on unemployment benefits I think they were one pound seventeen shillings fortnight.Best time of my life nothing to do all day but swim and drink beer,(something new about that?)

lubbing5cherubs
8th June 2008, 06:15 PM
Townsville is great.
bye Toni

Birdie
20th June 2008, 06:22 AM
Toni
Waht more would a man want if he was into wood work, it would be his wife loving just as much as he does.
But I would have to say that I have been a wood work for 30 years, have two trades, and I have a Woodfast M910 late, I have to admit it you leave me for dead with the work that you are doing on your pens:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:.
I had a look at your web site and really do love the work you are completing,.
Keep it up, look forward to seeing at lot more of your work.

Edwards
12th July 2008, 07:24 PM
yes I did. The man that I bought it from took me photo by photo of each thing set up plus a written book of it. He did a great job.
Toni

Toni.
I'm glad everything went together okay and it looks like you are starting to have fun.

Cheers
Edwards :2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
13th July 2008, 02:20 AM
I am, thanks mate ...I have done these on her so far and she teaches me new stuff all the time.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77072&d=1215222725

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=74552

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=71507