PDA

View Full Version : big john

mongrell
27th April 2008, 06:45 PM
doing another large intarsia ,this one will be on fish caught by trawlers based out of lakes entrance . the john dory will be the main actor and rest of the scene will be fish ,weed, coral ,shells etc around him .the rest of the desighn hasnt been drawn up yet . wood used so far is robinia or black locust for the body vic ash between the fins and southern mahogany in the gills

Buzza
27th April 2008, 10:15 PM
So far it looks like it's going to be a great project, so I'm looking forward to seeing the WIP. :)

artme
28th April 2008, 07:06 PM
If the John Dory is an indication of what's to come then I'm really looking forward to the finished work!:):):)

Ironwood
28th April 2008, 07:17 PM
Like the others said , it looks great so far.

Looking forward to seeing more.

keju
6th May 2008, 09:22 AM
If the fins are any indication of what's to come..... it's going to be awesome!
I love that you are showing your progress step by step .... designing your own, you're a real artist.

Juvy

billym
6th May 2008, 09:27 AM
really looks great, the fins are amassing, You must have the patience of Job:2tsup:

mongrell
10th May 2008, 05:26 PM
most of the sanding done , no finish yet and gonna have to do the tailfin again as i broke it . it looked a bit dodgey anyway so make it bigger i think. the eyeball is osage orange thanks to kamberge and any black will be ancient mahogany

keju
10th May 2008, 05:58 PM
Think I'd cry if I broke something after doing all that work!
Can't wait to see this with finish on.... have a feeling the colours and grain will really pop then

Juvy

nedjohnkelly
6th April 2009, 01:40 AM
That's beautiful man......... don't stop doing what you're doing well.:2tsup:

Goonyella
11th April 2009, 05:18 PM
Looks terrific. Will watch you progress with great interest.

DsArt
1st May 2009, 07:04 PM
Well thats just fantastic :o top work :2tsup:,I wasn`t even sure what intarsia was :? but i`m glad i took a peek ,and it`s not even finished , i`ll be back for the finale :2tsup:

hungry
28th May 2009, 06:44 PM
Excellent work, nice tight joints,can't wait to see the finished project