PDA

View Full Version : boating in alice springs???

soundman
27th April 2008, 11:25 PM
I've been shifting a few books I baught & have read.

I've just packe up a coppy of "hartley's boat building " for a bloke in alice springs:?:?

I hope he isn't a distant relative of Noah:D

cheers

Cliff Rogers
27th April 2008, 11:35 PM
Not so unbelieveable... check out this mob (http://www.lakeeyreyc.com/)..... :D

Woodlee
28th April 2008, 12:24 AM
I believe there is a yacht club in the Alice.
IIRC they had an entry into the Sydney to Hobart race one year.

Kev.

malrv1
21st September 2008, 11:00 PM
I'm the bloke in Alice Springs. We do lust for a bit of water here and a lot of us escape regulary to the coast or other inland water.

To top things off I have just bought a Heron to restore. It is in Melbourne at the moment but I will bring it home to do the restoration.

It will make for a good talking point if nothing else.

And yes, The Alice Springs Yacht Club blokes have competed in a couple of Sydney / Hobarts a Melbourne /Hobart and The Fastnett race with a bit of success.

Daddles
22nd September 2008, 07:27 PM
I'm the bloke in Alice Springs. We do lust for a bit of water here and a lot of us escape regulary to the coast or other inland water.

To top things off I have just bought a Heron to restore. It is in Melbourne at the moment but I will bring it home to do the restoration.

It will make for a good talking point if nothing else.

And yes, The Alice Springs Yacht Club blokes have competed in a couple of Sydney / Hobarts a Melbourne /Hobart and The Fastnett race with a bit of success.

Oh cripes, as if we didn't have enough reprobates and nut cases on the forum :doh:

Welcome mate. Which Harley are you looking at and will she four wheel drive or two?

Richard