PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom renovation

Maso
29th January 2004, 07:46 PM
Hi,
This is my first go at renovating a bathroom, and I am getting a little stuck on the order of how to do the work.

I have stripped the entire bathroom, and the plumbing will be finished on the weekend. I am just after some help with the shower. I have bought a shower base and screen, and am not sure how to install it so that the villaboard sits on top of the base.

I have the waterproofing product 'Liquid Flash' and was wondering whether I should put this down before or after I grade the fall to waste on the floor.

I have decided to grade the floor with sand/cement and let it set and then use tile adhesive afterwards. Is this a good idea, or is there a better way?

I am very keen to get stuck into it but am just a little hesitent on where to start.

Thanks,

Rob.

George
30th January 2004, 05:14 PM
The James Hardie Bathroom Guide should answer most of your questions.
http://www.jameshardie.com.au/buildingproducts/brochures_sub.asp?id=10

Re the shower base. Fitting will depend on the design of the base. Are there no instructions? With some you need to notch out the bottom plate and studs so the villaboard sits over lip. Others are designed to be butted against the bottom plate.

Cheers

George

Maso
30th January 2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks George,
There were no instructions with the shower base. I thought that I should recess the base into the studs and villaboard, but was worried about the fit of the shower screen to see how much room I have to play with.

The plumber is coming tomorrow and I will be getting into it after he has finished. I will get the james hardie brochure you mentioned.

Thanks again,

Rob.

:)