PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pop top in Perth WA or southwest

Wild Dingo
2nd May 2008, 12:23 AM
Im on the hunt!!

Ive got about as sick and tired of fighting with snakes rocks lizards and birds crapping on me as I try to snore away in a swag... as a young fella a swag was great as an older fart its a pain...

SOOOO... Im hunting for a small pop top caravan... I think Jayco Flight? or some such the ones where the lid winds up and the two ends open up to two double beds? Thats the one!... Im thinking anywhere for 8 to 12ft would be good... I will be making some changes to the undercarriage so it will be able to follow me into the scrub but for now I would like to buy such a creature

Money is an object so something for around 2 - 3 grand is about all I can afford... it doesnt have to be flash dont mind if its been sittin in the shed and the chooks have crapped over the external or even if it needs some recanvassing as long as everythings there and in reasonable nick.

If anyones feeling like getting rid of one and wouldnt mind helpin a mate here out instead of going for the $ that some idiots are asking for these things Id appreciate a pm email or a post here... will travel anyways south of Bullsbrook and west of Kal to get one no worries as the bloke on the idiot would say "IF the price is right!" :2tsup:

Cheers!!
Shane

Christopha
3rd May 2008, 10:33 PM
Strewth Dingaling me old dingo droppin'.... what you need for behind the mighty Praydo is a camper trailer not a poncy caravan! Them pooptops are fer old farts who don't like dirt roads and suchlike and you being a firebreathin', bushrangin' scrub bashin' sort of he man type coot an off road style of thing would be much much better.
Bugger me! Next you'll be wantin' one a them motorhome bus things.

Wild Dingo
9th May 2008, 07:02 PM
Strewth Dingaling me old dingo droppin'.... what you need for behind the mighty Praydo is a camper trailer not a poncy caravan! Them pooptops are fer old farts who don't like dirt roads and suchlike and you being a firebreathin', bushrangin' scrub bashin' sort of he man type coot an off road style of thing would be much much better.
Bugger me! Next you'll be wantin' one a them motorhome bus things.

Well... now you mention it Ive been eyein off this whang dang doodle of a Winnibango thats for sale down the road... so mate listen Im a bit strapped for the old reddies after me galavantin up an down the track to Broome so can I have yer gronicles and arms? No worries its gonna need all of mine AND yours and me sons and well poor wee grandie Lukas will just have to volunteer his :no:

Nah... well... uuummm yeah alright so Im gettin right soft in me old codger state!! Bloody grounds friggin HARD mate an the ol back an neck aint what they were...

mmm okay then I will start checkin out them canvas trailer creature things... dont mind if its an on road job a bit of steel reinforcement raise the buggar a foot or so a bit of this an that an bobs yer uncle a 4x4 bush canvas camper trailer thingymabob :2tsup:

Anyway havent heard for no body here so Im gonna have to do it me own self ... AGAIN :roll: :U

OY!!! you got a pm ol son!! :;

Cheers

Cliff Rogers
9th May 2008, 10:01 PM
Ya need something that will go bush... :2tsup: if it won't go off the beat'n track yer'll git skinned alive fer camp'n fees.

woodbe
9th May 2008, 10:19 PM
Dingo, just get a thicker foam mattress and quit yer complaining! :D

In the territory, they reckon they can tell how long you've been there by the thickness of your swag mattress...

woodbe.

Pat
9th May 2008, 10:22 PM
Try here (http://www.coromal.com/used-caravans/used-models.asp?id=335)

or for a tad more (http://www.coromal.com/used-caravans/used-models.asp?id=329)

Canningon RV Centre Located 1527-1531 Albany Hwy Cannington, WA, 6107

Is this close enough to you. Wouldn't want to make you travel to far, you poor old dear :)

Wild Dingo
11th May 2008, 06:27 PM
Pat your a bloody legend!!! Didnt even know they existed but then I dont get up to Perth much at all just roar straight through and up the Great Northern Hwy... they actually have a couple that interest me... gonna have to see what we can do to get a viewing... takes me 2 hours to get to Perth and with me knocking off at 5 may proove a wee problem till next weekend but dont ask never know eh!! Heck I may even get a shock and they would bring one down for me to have a gander at!!! :U :U yeah right good luck with that one Shane eh :doh: :U

Anyway thanks mate I'll let you know how I get on!!
Shane

Pat
11th May 2008, 09:07 PM
There are a couple of other places, Mandurah way, but they did not have any stock.

Wild Dingo
12th May 2008, 12:41 AM
Mandurah would be better I guess... could probably get them to hang about for the 3/4 hour it would take me to get there but hey I will try this other mob and see what they reckon they may even decide to meet me halfway?? who knows!
Cheers Pat :2tsup:
Shane