PDA

View Full Version : ovarian cancer

shaybe
3rd May 2008, 05:55 PM
recently i had a big scare. went to the docs to see about back pain, (i thought i had kidney problems) had a scan and a very large growth was found on my ovary (10cmx9cm). I personally have never had a CA125 test done. when the test was done it was not positive. within a week i was in the operating theatre. total hysterectomy and salpingectomy performed. i am 32. talk about being knocked off your perch. my husband though was a pillar of strength even though he himself was heartbroken..

all women reading this please listen to your bodies and men reading this encourage your partners. I am not sure about the CA125 test. it is up to the individual. i work in the medical field and maybe i should of known better. hind sight is a wonderful thing. ladies have scans. i could not get over the size of my mass and it hit home that ovarian cancer is a silent killer.

my final word. it is your body, it your life life. take charge of your health care. you and your family live with the consequences not your doctor.
Be informed and ask for second opinions.

i try to look at the positives not matter how negative the situation may be. i for once was on the receiving side of health care. this situation has made me more empathetic & caring to health care consumers and realising just how much support and education is required to empower individuals and families in trying situations..

take care to all.

Life is about Loving, Laughing & Learning and Everything in Between. :angel:

prozac
3rd May 2008, 11:26 PM
You have really been through the wringer lately shaybe. The thing is that you are still here to talk about it. Welcome to the Forums.

prozac

tea lady
3rd May 2008, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the forums. Don't know what else to say. Not good at Pithy. Just bad jokes and stiirring. See ya round.

nev25
4th May 2008, 12:02 AM
Welcome shaybe

Some good advice there

Take it from someone who has been thought the Chemotherapy thing with Lymphoma (Cancer of the Lymp Glands) its not fun.
But as I have proved it can be beaten if detected early.

artme
4th May 2008, 03:42 PM
Not the best way to announce your presence in the forum Shaybe.
You have provided good advice and inspiration, not just for the ladies but for the menfolk as well by citing your husband's example.

Keep the chin up and may life be kinder to you both in the future.:):):)

tea lady
4th May 2008, 11:45 PM
So do ya do woodwork to keep sane, like everyone around here?:U

shaybe
8th May 2008, 07:15 PM
yes. although i am currently learing how to use a router (first time user) i am finding it frustrating that i cant it get right. they say practice makes perfect. i hope so.

tea lady
8th May 2008, 11:48 PM
Well then. Some pics soon I hope.:2tsup: