PDA

View Full Version : Dog with a bloody head

DJ’s Timber
3rd May 2008, 09:20 PM
Just got back home from the vets:stretcher:, my younger dog of the 2, Sally decided to have an argument with the front wheel of my car this afternoon when I got home and unfortunately she came off second best. Lots of fur and skin missing from the top of her head :wounded1: and will have to go back in on Monday morning to get her lower jaw wired as her mandible has split :no:

flynnsart
3rd May 2008, 09:46 PM
I bet that was upsetting for you. I hate the dogs getting around the car when I come in the yard (we have 4). I hope she is going to be fine. Is she kelpie cattle cross?

donna

watson
3rd May 2008, 09:56 PM
OOOH! Bugger!

echnidna
3rd May 2008, 10:02 PM
ouch

Check twice!
3rd May 2008, 10:09 PM
Animals and autos don't mix.

I was working on tuning my car engine (in the 70's) and had a beautiful Golden Lab. During this process ,on this bright hot sunny day, I was turning the engine on and off trying to get it right (I am handy but no mechanic).

This dog followed me everywhere, and as I was finishing up my tune up :(

I decided to take the car for a spin. but did not notice the dog had rested under the back wheels (out of the hot sun), and with the continous on and off of the ignition, she paid no heed to the noise.

Needless to say I ran her over and killed her!

This could have been one of my children just as easy,
I do sympathize and understand, I am just glad there is a bright side to your story,
Sally has a second chance. :) :)

Hope all goes well for Sally.

Have a great day
John

Groggy
3rd May 2008, 10:15 PM
Aww geez DJ, I know you are going to be upset over this. At least she is still with us and is going to be more careful around cars in future (maybe). :C

DJ’s Timber
3rd May 2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks guys, she's looking a bit sore and tired now, but she still wanted and had the scraps left over from dinner :roll: so she is eating, always been a greedy guts compared to my other dogs, present and past.

Donna, she is a bit of everything, her Grandma was a Border Collie who was serviced by a red kelpie cross heeler which got her mum that looked like a black kelpie crossed heeler and from what we can work out she was serviced by a boxer that use to live up the road. I actually watch her litter being born even thought I didn't get her till she was a year old as the family who originally took her couldn't keep up with her and she was destroying the backyard as it was just your normal average suburban yard. There is another picture of her here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showpost.php?p=474007&postcount=9) in this post.

flynnsart
3rd May 2008, 11:20 PM
You have about as much room on your couch as we do. Rottys dont leave a lot of space. Will have to find some pics of mine and put them up.

Donna

tea lady
3rd May 2008, 11:31 PM
Oh Geez! I'm so afraid my jack russle will do that some time. Only when I'm in a hurry some where and not taking her. I like her lying style in the first "other"pic.:cool:

Waldo
3rd May 2008, 11:33 PM
Strewth Dj,

That has me wincing, but she'd know it was an accident. And she'd love you now no less than she did before. :2tsup:

Hopefully she has a speedy recovery.

Wood Borer
4th May 2008, 12:06 AM
Hopefully she will be up and about chasing sticks and tennis balls again. Tell her we are thinking of her DJ.

ss_11000
5th May 2008, 12:42 AM
ouch, sorry to hear that DJ:(

RufflyRustic
5th May 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi DJ, am thinking of you and Sally this morning. I figure you'll either be at the Vets or close to it right about now.

cheers
Wendy

Gra
5th May 2008, 10:27 AM
Just saw this post. Ouch!!

I guess the good thing is it looks like sal is Ok.

BobL
5th May 2008, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear about that DJ. I know we worry about our pooch around cars all the time and she is now deaf and almost blind.

Ivan in Oz
5th May 2008, 11:29 AM
G'Day DJ,

Hope it goes well, they heal quickly.

It is astounding how much Pain and Suffering a dog can be suffering,
and STILL Wag its Tail for you.

I've No Dogs ATM, but LOTS of good memories of them.

My Rotty thought she was a LapDog:doh::o

DJ’s Timber
5th May 2008, 07:34 PM
Happy to report that the OP went well and Sally couldn't wait to jump in the back of the ute with Jed :roll:. She is feeling a lot better today and was pretty much her usual self on the drive home.

Was also surprised with the bill as well, was only charged $282.70, which is for everything including the after hours consult on Saturday night :o :2tsup:.

Groggy
5th May 2008, 07:41 PM
My Sally says Ouch!

Good to hear she is on the mend DJ :2tsup:

BernieP
5th May 2008, 08:19 PM
G'Day DJ

Good to hear everything ok.

Cheers
Bernie

RufflyRustic
6th May 2008, 12:12 PM
Hi DJ

Glad to hear it all went well and Sally is close to being back to her normal self.

cheers
Wendy

Wood Borer
6th May 2008, 12:26 PM
Keep us updated DJ with further news.

wheelinround
6th May 2008, 12:39 PM
DJ great news glad all has gone well

Check twice!
6th May 2008, 07:18 PM
I always like a happy ending!

Great to hear Sally is OK. :)

John

rgum
8th May 2008, 10:46 PM
Dj. I'm soooo sorry to see this. It kills me to see animals get hurt....silly buggers. I worry everytime I back in my car my when my pooch is let out.

I bet your stressed too. It hurts I know.

Lots of Schmackos for you and fido. :2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
8th May 2008, 10:52 PM
Sally is pretty much her normal self again, just a bit wary of when people want to give her a pat. Visited my folks today and Mum reckons it hasn't slowed or settled her down, still the same excitable 100 mile an hour terror.

Wood Borer
9th May 2008, 02:00 AM
Good stuff DJ:2tsup: