PDA

View Full Version : Looking for woodrat jig plans please.

Rattrap
4th May 2008, 12:27 PM
We have a Woodrat at the local woodies shed & i'm the first to fire it up. I'm getting the hang of this machine & enjoying the test results so far.
I'm on the hunt for plans of jigs for the woodrat anybody might have knocked up & had success with, or the plans for the origional jigs mentioned in the manual.
So far i've just been making test joints. My interest at pressent is box making so i was keen to try out making finger joints, dovetails & 1/2 blind dovetails. I think i've got them nailed down so this week i'm hoping to make a full box. It'll be out of Tas oak. I'm hoping to throw in some sort of blackwood moulding or trim if i can knock up some jigs. I'll post some pics as i go.

Chris Parks
7th May 2008, 05:15 PM
This may help

http://woodrat.com/downloads.html

Rattrap
8th May 2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks mini but theres no actual plans for jigs on that page only a description of jigs u can buy from them. Id rather make my own jigs, the community woodies shed is on a pretty damn tight budget.

Chris Parks
8th May 2008, 04:02 PM
I can relate to that. I did not read the linked page, just posted it and knowing nothing about the WR I would have most probably be none the wiser. You might find this page on Youtube interesting....
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=woodrat&search_type=

Rattrap
8th May 2008, 06:13 PM
thanks mini but those vids all come on a dvd with the rat.
Made my first sliding dovetail joint today, woot. Was as easy as he made it look in the vid.

carbatecwa
8th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Rattrap,
Go to the woodrat site and follow the links to the woodrat forum. A member of the forum (ADELE i think) has made all sorts of jig and mods to suit the woodrat. There is probably something there to meet the need.
I have a woodrat but have not seen the need to add mods, the jig works just fine for me, I mainly do through dovetails, sliding dovetails and mortice and tenons with it. If I can help dont hesitate to call me here at Carbatec Perth.
Garry
Carbatecwa

Rattrap
9th May 2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks Garry i'll keep u in mind next time i have a problem with the rat.
I don't suppose u keep the HSS router bits in stock over there?:U