PDA

View Full Version : stihl 032av

weisyboy
4th May 2008, 07:06 PM
we really need a chainsaw forum.

i have the opertunite of buying an 023av and was wondering if anyone had the specs on this chainsaw.

my 034av has packed it in so i need sompthing to tide me over untill i can buy a beter saw.

i would like to know the cc's and a frew things like that.

Outbackrr
4th May 2008, 07:27 PM
Here's the manual for an 032, don't know if model is correct? http://www.stihlusa.com/stihl_ownersmanuals/STIHL032_with_safety_manual.pdf 11 MB PDF.

034 was the best saw I've owned, replaced it with an 038 which is a POS in comparison.

weisyboy
4th May 2008, 07:36 PM
the 034av is a bloudy good saw but it is on its last legs it needs new gaskets everyware the coil etc needs repacing and lots of other bit and peices.

thanks for that pfd.

Claw Hama
4th May 2008, 07:55 PM
Hi Weisyboy, hope this helps

Model: 032 AV

MANUFACTURED BY:

STIHL ANDREAS MASCHINENFABRIK

STUTTGART, GERMANY

SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:

YEAR INTRODUCED:

YEAR DISCONTINUED:

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:

51 ccm (3.11 cu. in.)

NUMBER OF CYLINDERS:

CYLINDER BORE:

45mm (1.77 in.)

PISTON STROKE:

32mm (1.26 in.)

CYLINDER TYPE:

Aluminum with chrome plated bore

INTAKE METHOD:

Piston ported

MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.:

WEIGHT :

6.9kg with 33cm bar & chain
15.2 lbs. with 13 in. bar & chain

OPERATOR CONFIGURATION:

One Man operation

HANDLEBAR SYSTEM:

Anti-vibration

CHAIN BRAKE:

Optional

CLUTCH:

Centrifugal

DRIVE TYPE:

Direct

CONSTRUCTION:

Die cast magnesium

MAGNETO TYPE:

Bosch

CARBURETOR:

Tillotson HU-51A, B

MAJOR REPAIR KIT:

RK-14HU for A
RK-15HU for B

MINOR REPAIR KIT:

DG-2HU

AIR FILTER SYSTEM:

Flocked wire screen element

STARTER TYPE:

Stihl automatic rewind

OIL PUMP:

Automatic

OPERATING RPM:

IGNITION TIMING:

2.3mm (0.09 in.) before TDC

BREAKER POINT SETTING:

0.35 to 0.40mm (0.014 to 0.016 in.)

FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP:

SPARK PLUG TYPE:

Bosch WSR6F

SPARK PLUG GAP:

0.5mm (0.020 in.)

CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS:

Ball

FUEL TANK CAPACITY:

540ml

FUEL OIL RATIO:

40:1 with Stihl oil

RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE:

Regular

MIX OIL SPECIFICATION:

Stihl two-cycle chain saw mix oil

CHAIN PITCH:

3/8 in.

CHAIN TYPE:

Stihl

BAR MOUNT PATTERN:

SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:

35cm (14 in.)

LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:

50cm (20 in.)

Claw Hama
4th May 2008, 07:56 PM
It's had a bit of a shocka but the info is there.

weisyboy
4th May 2008, 08:01 PM
that is great were di u get it

Claw Hama
4th May 2008, 08:12 PM
A site I found when I was looking for a new saw last year.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/ecc6e704d1c2bc1b88256ba200491ccd?OpenDocument

dai sensei
5th May 2008, 01:01 PM
This (http://www.arboristsite.com/index.php) is an American forum, but has a few Ausy members :rolleyes:, and plenty of helpful people on chainsaws and milling

weisyboy
5th May 2008, 06:53 PM
had a chance to try it out today ther are a few isues.

it seamed to have plenty of guts running a 24" bar in swamp mahogany.

the fuel cap has a 1/4" breater hole that fuel poors out:((.

it overheated after 2 mins of running it was smoking from everyware (except teh exaust) and stoped.

pulled teh 034 apart to the coil seamed fine but gave it a clean but got nothing.

Calm
5th May 2008, 07:11 PM
Are you interested in a stihl 660 magnum??

BobL
5th May 2008, 07:39 PM
had a chance to try it out today ther are a few isues.

it seamed to have plenty of guts running a 24" bar in swamp mahogany.

the fuel cap has a 1/4" breater hole that fuel poors out:((.

it overheated after 2 mins of running it was smoking from everyware (except teh exaust) and stoped.

pulled teh 034 apart to the coil seamed fine but gave it a clean but got nothing.

That does not sound good - is it still turning over?. Maybe running it in a mill first up was not such a good idea.

weisyboy
5th May 2008, 08:11 PM
jack has been using it for a coupla months doing chainsaw licencing so its been running well and idles. it started ok once it had coled down.

the fuel running out is what concerns me most. it seams strange that it would be made like this cos it couldnot be used for felling either as the fuel leaks when it is layed on its side:?.

calm at teh right price i would be:D. that or there is a 440 for sale at teh chainsaw joint i go to for $990 that looks like new.

this 032av has hardly been used. it still has the origonal bar and chain witch is 50% and the sproker isent even worn. it would have done an hour or sos cutting all up.

himzol
5th May 2008, 08:30 PM
Are you interested in a stihl 660 magnum??

How much and what condition?

BobL
5th May 2008, 10:46 PM
Sounds like it's running too lean, blocking carby etc. Sounds like it might just need a tune up.

Calm
7th May 2008, 10:32 AM
Sorry Carl & himsol but the 660 wont be sold. i have a mate with one (nearly new) who has had health problems and wont use it again. I thought if he wanted to sell it i would sell mine and update but he has now decided he cant use it but doesnt want to sell it either.

weisyboy
7th May 2008, 07:16 PM
so i went ahead and baught it i cant go rong with $200 for a new saw.

the fuel cap is on order for $30 and i worked out the other problem. the bloke had been running it with a lot more oil in the fuel so that caused it to lay in the mufler and catch fire:(.

i also got my 034 AV going cleaned the coil pints off and got a good spark.

it has had extreamly high compression for a wile now to the pint where you could not pull the cord, david and donna will know what i mean. turns out the sump is compleatly full of oil. i removed the carburator and drained 100mm of streight oil out of the sump:o. all good now shee starts and runs like new.:U

Clayin
24th June 2009, 11:34 AM
the fuel cap is on order for $30 and i worked out the other problem. the bloke had been running it with a lot more oil in the fuel so that caused it to lay in the mufler and catch fire:(.

it has had extreamly high compression for a wile now to the pint where you could not pull the cord, david and donna will know what i mean. turns out the sump is compleatly full of oil. i removed the carburator and drained 100mm of streight oil out of the sump:o. all good now shee starts and runs like new.:U

How's that saw working? I see this is about a year old but... whatever. In case you're still having issues... I am a 2-cycle mechanic and though the shop where I work is not a Stihl dealer I do work on a good number of Stihl saws there. It sounds to me like your automatic oil pump was leaking into the crankcase, causing it to slowly fill with bar oil which then leads to all of the problems you listed.

If I am remembering your saw correctly (I don't have a parts look up here to check) the oil pump is run directly off of a cam on the crankshaft just inside the block beside the clutch. The pump assy is a simple setup located in front and to the right of the carb compartment. You will see a metal limited cap beneath a screw, this is where you would adjust your oiler flow; it is also the pump and will unscrew then pull up and out after removing that cap.

You will most likely have to replace this tubular pump assy to stop the leak; however, you may be able to get away with only replacing the lower o-ring. In Greenville, SC that part costs about $40US and I have had to replace 2 in the last year, one for leaking the other for sticking and not pumping.

Hope that helps someone!

weisyboy
24th June 2009, 08:34 PM
turened out the gasket around the crank case was broken lettign oil leak in wile teh saw was sitting idle.

i fixed it but have scince purchased a newer 034AV as well so i can the old one for parts. both saws are running great like all stihls do:2tsup:.

Sapling
24th June 2009, 11:58 PM
Here's the manual for an 032, don't know if model is correct? http://www.stihlusa.com/stihl_ownersmanuals/STIHL032_with_safety_manual.pdf 11 MB PDF.

034 was the best saw I've owned, replaced it with an 038 which is a POS in comparison.
Thanks for the link, the manual will be very handy. Have had my 032 for around fifteen years. It has done a lot of work over this time and never missed a beat, but has been well maintained.